04.04.2009 Zagreb Croatia - POSTPONED

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
_emma_
Overbomber

Dear People, there is an urgent important question from me.
Is there anybody out there who is planning to attend that gig and then drive straight after it anywhere upwards north (Austria / Hungary / Germany / Czech / Slovakia... - anywhere). If there is such a person, and they have 1 place in their car, I'd be most happy to share the fuel costs and add some liquor in return for letting me join them.
The reason is, I'll do Prague and Budapest, but am hesisating about going further down to Zagreb (which I'd absolutely love to do), because I definitely must be at work on Monday the 6th, and sadly both train and bus connections between Zagreb and my home (Poland) look very crappy on that date (and I still have the flying phobia). There are, hovever, plenty of connections to my home from the countries I listed in brackets above, so if I had the possibility to get there soon after the gig that would save me.
If anybody can please send me a PM. :notworthy:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

oh hey then will see you in Budapest. I might have one friend from Serbia who wil be down at Zagreb as well let me find out and let you know what the plan is for them.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

so I checked with some friends and they haven't decided yet whether they would drive down or not. we might do it though, the train is 6 hours and round trip should be around EUR 30. hotels downtown are ok price. google didn't help me with tickets but I'll find it out soon how and where to get it.
_emma_
Overbomber

sziamiau wrote:the train is 6 hours and round trip should be around EUR 30.
You mean, 6 hours from Zagreb to Budapest? This could be a good idea, thank you... :D I doubt the train will go in the middle of the night straight after the gig though... I'm still hesitating. :?
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:
sziamiau wrote:the train is 6 hours and round trip should be around EUR 30.
You mean, 6 hours from Zagreb to Budapest? This could be a good idea, thank you... :D I doubt the train will go in the middle of the night straight after the gig though... I'm still hesitating. :?
I am also considering going from Praha - Budapest- Zagreb by train....
Do I drive or am I driven?
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

from Prague to BP bus is better I think. cheaper than the train, etc.

check this out:

http://www.orangeways.com/en

I also have gone to prauge with this bus company and I was very satisfied:

http://www.studentagencybus.com/en/414_ ... 20BUDAPEST

well so it seems there might be a bunch of us on the train from Budapest to Zagreb. Apparently the train station in Zagreb is in the middle of the town. the gig might be moved to another place like it was in 2006 since the tickets were sold out too fast
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

264 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Bratislava
Nova Rock Festival
jenzi-benzi

tix ordered.... thanks for info
jenzi-benzi

tix arrived... i am off until hamburg… will break on through to the other side…
_Cool_
Road Kill

I quite enjoyed the open air gig last time in Zagreb. I'm wondering who will the smoke "manage" in the club...
Back in time

OK, let us see if anyone is coming to Zagreb ?
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
Back in time

To be more clear, I would like to know if anybody from HL is coming to Zagreb and if there are any positive answers, do you need any kind of assistance. I will be available almost all day on Saturday.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Back in time wrote:To be more clear, I would like to know if anybody from HL is coming to Zagreb and if there are any positive answers, do you need any kind of assistance. I will be available almost all day on Saturday.
hi, me and two friends are supposed to come to zagreb, although not a 100% shure yet. anyway, we are really looking forwrod to doing this one and would need some accomodation for that night. if you do have any reccomandation for a hotel / guest house please let me know.
and if we meet there that be great, of course.
cheers
love is just a shot away
Back in time

jost 7 wrote:
Back in time wrote:To be more clear, I would like to know if anybody from HL is coming to Zagreb and if there are any positive answers, do you need any kind of assistance. I will be available almost all day on Saturday.
hi, me and two friends are supposed to come to zagreb, although not a 100% shure yet. anyway, we are really looking forwrod to doing this one and would need some accomodation for that night. if you do have any reccomandation for a hotel / guest house please let me know.
and if we meet there that be great, of course.
cheers
Hi, I will find something suitable, just let me know what would be available price level, when do you plan to arrive and when do you plan to leave ?
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

well unfortunately we won't make it to this one. some personal things we have to take care of....sometimes I just feel like I have no control over my life...well anyhow the end result is that we are missing out on the gig and missing out from seeing some good friends too in Zagreb
Back in time

Sorry to hear that, Was looking forward. Anyway, enjoy the music, I am sure we will meet somewhere.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

sziamiau wrote:well unfortunately we won't make it to this one. some personal things we have to take care of....sometimes I just feel like I have no control over my life...well anyhow the end result is that we are missing out on the gig and missing out from seeing some good friends too in Zagreb
Sorry to hear that :( Hope you can still make Budapest.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I'll hopefully be arriving around midday. Any recommendations for cheap places to eat near the train station, venue or Hotel Centar would be very welcome!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Eggi and I will be there, too. We're sorted (Eggi is the perfect fan tour manager), but pre- or after-gig meetings are most welcome. :D
You can't fix stupid.
Back in time

Eva wrote:Eggi and I will be there, too. We're sorted (Eggi is the perfect fan tour manager), but pre- or after-gig meetings are most welcome. :D
OK, will let you know where to meet before the gig.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just been given the following message from some friends following the current tour...

this is not a drill.

the news comes from band, and the official site will be updated shortly to reflect this...

----------------------
Sorry about this.

We are having to reschedule the next three gigs in Budapest, Zagreb and Zurich, following throat infections, influenza and gastro-enteritis.

Under doctor's orders, we can't do anything for a week.

Normal service should resume from Leeds (April 8th) onwards.
----------------------

effected dates are:

2009 April 03 Budapest Hungary A38 Ship
2009 April 04 Zagreb Croatia Tvornica Kulture
2009 April 06 Zurich Switzerland X-Tra

i repeat, this is not a drill.

sounds like they are having a 'mare.

get well soon guys :eek:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Back in time

Just spoke with the management of the venue in Zagreb, they confirm the problems, but still keep open the possibility that concert will take place on Saturday. According to them they will have the final information tomorrow. I have to say that with Budapest and Zurich rescheduled I do have serious doubts that concert in Zagreb will take place. D**n.
_Cool_
Road Kill

Now, this sounds interesting... But I seriously doubt that they will play the concert on Saturday if Zurich and Budapest are cancelled...

Shame if they postpone it, this Saturday would be great for me :(
Back in time

Zagreb, 26th of April - confirmed by the venue. Thanks to everybody that had anything to do with that.
_emma_
Overbomber

Ha. Now that it's on a Sunday, I should be able to be there after all. :D