Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Helsinki, Finland, 2009-03-23
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Helsinki, Finland, 2009-03-23 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.tiketti.fi/tapahtumat?q=sisters%20of%20mercy

What kind of venue is it?
S.
Road Kill

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nosturi

A fitting place for an evening filled with smoke and rock and roll. Smile
S.
Road Kill

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...it seems this show sold out quickly. I think the place has a maximum capacity of 800-900 people, but still....Tickets went on sale today at 9:00 and when I checked a few minutes ago (15:20-something) they were all gone.

Pretty good for a band that hasn't released any new albums since 1990. Smile
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad I got my ticket! Very Happy
euphoria

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it says 750-capacity on the finnish wikipedia page about Nosturi. But then, my finnish isn't that good...

"Nosturin kapasiteetti on tapahtumasta riippuen noin 750 henkilöä"

Edit: As of now, there are still lots of tickets left on tiketti.fi, by the way. But I guess it's still no good to wait buying for this concert. Even if it's not sold out yet, it will sell out quickly.
S.
Road Kill

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to Nosturi's homepage the maximum capacity was 900.
And yes, you're right...The tickets were all gone earlier today and now there are plenty left??? I don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to understand. Better that way.

Good news for my buddy, though. I guess I'll have to text him immediately.
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same question as in the other thread:
Are there any Helsinki residents out there who could recommend a hotel or hostel or guesthouse? Smile
snt74ih
Road Kill

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Same question as in the other thread:
Are there any Helsinki residents out there who could recommend a hotel or hostel or guesthouse? Smile

I can give some recommendations, just let me know if there's any wishes regarding prices etc. The basic prices are around 100 € / night, but there are some cheaper options.

Cheers,
S
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

snt74ih wrote:
I can give some recommendations, just let me know if there's any wishes regarding prices etc. The basic prices are around 100 € / night, but there are some cheaper options.
Cheers,
S

The wish is: the cheaper, the better, because if I had the money for expensive hotels, I'd spend that money on more gigs. Very Happy
Although another very important wish is, the closer to the venue, the better.
Well anyway thanks in advance for any tips. Very Happy
shadowsembrace
Road Kill

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will be going to the Helsinki gig also!
I thought the tickets had sold out too, then discovered Ticketti and quickly got one.

This will be my first time in Helsinki, any recommendations for hotels/hostels would be appreciated also!! The cheaper the better Wink
Patti82

PostPost #11  Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hostels in Helsinki are pretty cheap, I know of one that is fairly OK but it's kind of far from the gig-area. But there is a tram that takes you into city and from there you take the next tram to the gig.

http://www.eurohostel.fi/
snt74ih
Road Kill

PostPost #12  Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for late answer. Anyway, I checked some prices and if you're looking a better place to stay Hotels.com is offering a decent price to Scandic Simonkentta Helsinki 96 € / room (2 persons). Central situation is a plus (1,5 km to the venue)

As for the cheaper options go, the mentioned hostel is ok. Another one is here: http://www.hotellifinn.fi/english.htm A bit shabby, but the location is better and there's a good bar downstairs. I suppose there will be locals there after the gig Smile

Hope this helps,
S
vicus

PostPost #13  Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tiketti.fi says: This event is fully booked!

http://www.poison-door.net/
copper
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #14  Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will be there, with Coco from Dawnrazor.

We were also at the Nephs show in Tavastia 07, so this oughta balance things out. Wink
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. Very Happy Kiss What a lovely town it is! Very Happy
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

god bless you tonight We are not worthy!
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No.Words.Can.Describe. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
how happy I am.
Except for maybe:
Szczypiorenko najslodsza, Szczypiorku Pieknonosy, mirinda mirabella kicikicikici keskese wielka ale to wielka przeogromna keskese RURA.
And no, it's not Polish. It's a special secret language that only I and Szczypiorenka can understand. Laughing
A quick rough translation of the above is: I luv Andrew. Very Happy Embarassed lalaaaaala lalala la.
PS. The setlist, I think, was the same as the previous dates.
Scardwel

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent gig tonight. The venue wasn't much bigger than Joseph's Well in Leeds... Perhaps I'm exaggerating a little but it really was a small place. Anyway, the sound was excellent and both band and audience really enjoyed themselves. There was plenty of band/crowd interaction e.g.
Punter: "Rocking!"
Von: "What?"
Punter: "You Rock!"
Von: "I know that!"
Our fearless leader!
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing
looks good Mr. Green
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick and nice reviews! Very Happy
Camy
Road Kill

PostPost #21  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a night! It was actually Blast!

Von Introduced me as Uncle Monty and and just before first encore number Von throwed to me his booze bottle(it was plastic and etiquette label said Bon Aqua but it was Cranberry Koskenkorva vodka...i think)

Anyway thanks Von
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so that's you Camy. I'm the first person who entered the venue as the door opened. (Long hair, black coat, no goth make-up.) Cheers. In the front row I stood close to you, I think there was just one girl between us or maybe two ?. Very Happy
So much money, so far away from home and now such a long and tiring journey ahead... But it was SO worth it.
Can't wait for Warsaw already!!!
snt74ih
Road Kill

PostPost #23  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed the gig. The crowd warmed up towards the end, even I was waiting a bit more action.

Now I'am feeling sorry for not going to Tallinn next weekend.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #24  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scardwel wrote:

Punter: "Rocking!"
Von: "What?"
Punter: "You Rock!"
Von: "I know that!"

that's enough to know how good gig was. Laughing We are not worthy!

Last edited by Bartek on Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #25  Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

booze, cigarettes... old von strikes back Our fearless leader!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: