Zürich 06-04-2009 - POSTPONED

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Oh, dear, don't take me seriously, I'm still on an after-high...
Hehe, recently he seems to be back into the good old naughty mood, doesn't he. :D :notworthy:
But nobody is ever taking it seriously, of course. :wink: I mean, come on, why would anybody, it's all just for fun, right? well, erm..... :oops: yeah. :twisted: :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Spiggythecat wrote:excellent gig IMHO
thanks guys :notworthy:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/859/29042009175.jpg
Looks beautiful. Thanks :notworthy:
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

@ DocSommer: Many thanks for the snippet - brings back memories... :-)

@ Emma: He obviously likes to play, and he likes to see the silly grins in the audience... :lol: :wink:

@Spiggy: I doubt he perceives Schwiizerdütsch as a language - rather as a particularly nasty mental illness, and therefore wouldn't speak it, but you never know... :wink:

However, watching Ben and Chris during this tour again and again it crossed my mind what a wonderful job they do, and that the three of them are a whole now, a band in excellent shape (gastro-thingy permitting)... :D
You can't fix stupid.
Being645
Above the Chemist

wonderful video ... thanks :notworthy:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:wonderful video ... thanks :notworthy:
yeah I'm also quite impressed - vons voice has nice presence in the mix. That's not always matter of course when it comes to the last songs, esp. temple :notworthy:

I hope that nobody got caught during capturing audio and/or video because I feel the need to hear more from this show :lol:
Caravaggio
Road Kill

DocSommer wrote:a snippet on the tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV1SpuFZho0&fmt=18
OMG. I almost forgot how great this evening was...

(But I still can't accept one of the best guitar-riffs ever coming from the doctor. Why are they doing this?)
There have been better plans
But none that I could ever understand...
Being645
Above the Chemist

DocSommer wrote:yeah I'm also quite impressed - vons voice has nice presence in the mix. That's not always matter of course when it comes to the last songs, esp. temple :notworthy:
oh yes, very often one can hear rather the crowd singing than Andrew ...

But not here, and it also seems a bit of an unusual version to me ...

I really hope they're going to make a new cd ... or ...
but still there are a few gigs to be done ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:@ Emma: He obviously likes to play, and he likes to see the silly grins in the audience... :lol: :wink:
:lol: Maybe it's better for him to keep playing and not realise what some of those grins try hard to conceal... :lol: :oops:
Eva

Mind you, he's not stupid.... :lol: :innocent:
You can't fix stupid.
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh, really?
*faints*

:lol:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

I'm really beginning to wonder how - erm - certain members of this forum (yes, yes, I count myself amongst them) are going to survive the next however-long-til-another-tour. Although at least if you're on that side of the Atlantic he ventures out sporadically in between times; for those of us in the wastelands of the US, it's going to be truly awrful*. Image

*Not a typo... :wink:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

like before, how, when, by who next album will be release, another thread about fashion disaster and other cow shyte :wink:
_emma_
Overbomber

7anthea7 wrote:I'm really beginning to wonder how - erm - certain members of this forum (yes, yes, I count myself amongst them) are going to survive the next however-long-til-another-tour.
Oh come on, surviving till May 3rd is challenge enough. You know, if there isn't anything on the radio about a Warsaw-Beirut-Warsaw plane crash (and I have a feeling that most probably there won't be), I'll rip my heart out and give it to my cats for dinner before I bury myself in the hole near the compost heap. :urff: :(
Cyberbio
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer wrote:
yeah I'm also quite impressed - vons voice has nice presence in the mix. That's not always matter of course when it comes to the last songs, esp. temple :notworthy:

I hope that nobody got caught during capturing audio and/or video because I feel the need to hear more from this show :lol:
:innocent: clicky
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Danke! :notworthy:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Eva

If you get the chance to listen to Romeo Down, do so. It was never one of my favourites, but it is now. The Zurich 09 version is truly haunting... :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:I hope that nobody got caught during capturing audio and/or video because I feel the need to hear more from this show :lol:
:von: staff owes me a battery :lol: :lol:

This show was super, excellent, formidable, except security staff as usual :lol: :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Shame I did not make it! :(

Thanks for the reviews! :notworthy:

Weed or vine? :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

Eva wrote:If you get the chance to listen to Romeo Down, do so. It was never one of my favourites, but it is now.
This song is an evolving monster. I first realised it during one of the M'Era Lunas, and then in Krakow 2006 I was certain, and that was 3 years ago. :!: :notworthy:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Cyberbio wrote:
DocSommer wrote:

:innocent: clicky
sehr schön - danke ;D
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I am glad this show was great too!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Cyberbio wrote: :innocent: clicky
thank you ... wish I could have been there.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Back from Zurich.

It has been a great gig. That was an adequate compensation for the canceld gig in Budapest. :-)

Great performance, good sound, great venue, great audience. What else can you ask for.

Greetings to Eva & Eggi, XRAY999, Cyberbio and Sistersekland! Has been nice to meet you! I still have to laugh when I have to think of the moment I met Sistersekland. 8)

Oh, and I like the city. It looked quite cloudy when I arrived on Thursday but I was lucky with the weather. So I could explore the city and the lake on Friday and quite enjoyed it. :-)

I almost missed my flight back to Germany though...: When I was in the city I found a shop with Swiss Army knifes. I owned such a knife as a child but somehow lost it. So it was the right time and place to buy me a new one. Some ten minutes before I wanted to check in at the airport I remembered the knife in my backpack which was my hand luggage - I had just forgotten to put in into the suitcase. My only chance to bring it home without trouble with the security was finding a stationery shop to buy a pen and an envelope and a post office to send it home by mail. Well, I managed but it required some fast sprints through the airport building... :lol:

Few impressions of my trip:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37979862@N04/sets/
Last edited by Christian on 02 May 2009, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.