03 04 2009 Budapest - POSTPONED

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

that's not so good. where are you from then?
Blueness
Road Kill

I live in Szentes, which is 200 km further... and Debrecen where I learn isn't better either. The last train will go before the starting of the gig. Additionally I don't have friends or relatives there, not even a well-known Sisters fan to go with; I will arrive by myself. :oops:
That's why I am so glad to find this page at least. We can meet at the afterparty then to patch my lack of acquaintances in this genre. :)
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

don't feel bad about not knowing anyone here. I don't either. I go to most gigs outside of hungary and all my friends who like the same music live in other countries.

we can even go together to the afterparty.

2 years ago the sissies went to wigwam considering that :von: do not like to attend parties that has goth in the name hahahaha.

wigwam that night will be terrible though..ugh
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Blueness wrote:Thank you for worrying about me :D however I hope you didn't say that because of bad personal experiences... :wink:
I've been quite lucky myself - but s**t happens. Especially with The Girls. :lol:
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

so yeah. I gotta fly out tomorrow but will be back Friday afternoon. won't have time to go anywhere for pre-gig drinks so going straight home and then to the ship after we arrive but I hope I can meet some of you at least who will be there.. I still want to go somewhere afterwards btw

the gig is sold out now. for those of you who care send me a pm and will give you my cell # so we can scream at each other at some point

I really can't wait!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just been given the following message from some friends following the current tour...

this is not a drill.

the news comes from band, and the official site will be updated shortly to reflect this...

----------------------
Sorry about this.

We are having to reschedule the next three gigs in Budapest, Zagreb and Zurich, following throat infections, influenza and gastro-enteritis.

Under doctor's orders, we can't do anything for a week.

Normal service should resume from Leeds (April 8th) onwards.
----------------------

effected dates are:

2009 April 03 Budapest Hungary A38 Ship
2009 April 04 Zagreb Croatia Tvornica Kulture
2009 April 06 Zurich Switzerland X-Tra

i repeat, this is not a drill.

sounds like they are having a 'mare.

get well soon guys :eek:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Blueness
Road Kill

No. :eek:
NO, :urff:
This cannot be!! :cry:

I wish him to get better as soon as possible...

I want to see you in one piece Mr. Eldritch, come back some days later and release Your healthy, howling and humming voice... :(
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

okay I dont know what to say. we scheduled our flights back to budapest. more than likely cant do april 27.

I wish them well but this is the worst thing really
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Clucking Bell. :evil: I better tell the others...
The Scene won't save you...
lachert
Overbomber

not good.
long live rock'n'roll
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

great. i'm in budapest :lol: (anyone in budapest willing to have a 'goddammit' drink? :lol: )
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Pista
Cureboi

doulfe wrote:great. i'm in budapest :lol: (anyone in budapest willing to have a 'goddammit' drink? :lol: )
Damn!
If i'd seen this I would have PM-d you before leaving.

Went up to BP anyway to meet up with Andrew S & Scardwel

We Found cider! :lol:

Really nice to catch up with you guys & hope you get back okay.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Seems I am not so lucky on this tour - sitting in an internet cafe in budapest right now and hoped to see at least the gig Zurich on Monday....
:-(
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh well.
Soon after the news broke I wrote many bitter words of utter sadness at the back of no longer needed map of Budapest in an empty hotel room at night, and I meant to post them here as soon as I get back home... There was something about sitting on a bus from Prague, sunlight outside and the beautiful world passes by so quickly, The Shirelles in earphones, and the prospect of seeing The Sisters on a ship at the bank of Danube - all this makes ones Gspot extend from hair to toes, and life is good etc.... and then a text message arrives to tell me about the situation. I don't believe it and I just want to wake up, but no, it's not a bad dream and no April Fool, no joke. :| :urff: Then, next on the map there comes a lot of self-pity and whining, which today as I read it seems very selfish and short-sighted. So - the map is heading towards the bin, because I just rang my headmistresses and explained the situation and I am officially allowed to take the Monday 27th off work. 8)
See you soon again in Budapest, I hope! :D 8)
Pista
Cureboi

So why didn't you join us for chocolate cake at Gerbaud?

Chocolate can remedy many things.
8)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
_emma_
Overbomber

Pista wrote:So why didn't you join us for chocolate cake at Gerbaud?

Chocolate can remedy many things.
8)
Honestly, I much prefer herring and pickled onions than chocolate, but nevermind.
Was too gutted and just wanted to get home as soon as possible. :(
NOW I would like to join. :D
Oh well, but here I have good Polish beer that costs 50 eurocents a bottle in the local shop, and I can drink it now in my porch thinking about the future. :)
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

I'm still in Budapest, I'll leave tomorrow. Great city, by the way :lol:
(I've always had this luck with concerts - I can't be here on the 27th) :cry:
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Pista
Cureboi

Got a message from Andrew S.
He's bought some new boots in Budapest & is still a dude in my book.
Take it easy my friend.
See you soon.
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote: Oh well, but here I have good Polish beer that costs 50 eurocents a bottle in the local shop, and I can drink it now in my porch thinking about the future. :)
If there is a better place to be,I don't honestly know where it would be.
I am presently at home,drinking supermarket brandy and waiting for my girlfriend to return home from work (here in England it is half nine Saturday night) and life doesn't seem so bad.I have a Dvd of the Sisters Nottingham show from 2006 playing as well.Is this a good thing...
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Pista
Cureboi

ribbons69 wrote:.I have a Dvd of the Sisters Nottingham show from 2006 playing as well.Is this a good thing...
Not really.
Unless it has a different show's audio synched with the video.

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Got a message from Andrew S.
He's bought some new boots in Budapest
For me it was a pair of new sneakers. :-) The financial crisis (or the loss of the HUF to the EUR) makes shopping in Budapest cheap these days. Oh and the weather has been phantastic. I just wanted to go back when my plane landed in Berlin today...

So now I'll try to cancel my holidays from work for Monday and Tuesday and the flight to Zürich...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Got a message from Andrew S.
He's bought some new boots in Budapest & is still a dude in my book.
A prize twit you mean - I didn't realise till Zagreb that the boots I'd been sold were different sizes!!! The one time I don't try both on and...

That aside, I had a very nice time in Budapest despite the circumstances. It was great to meet up with you again Steve and the cakes in Gerbaud were indeed very fine :D As they've rescheduled on a weekday, I can't promise to make the new date but I'm looking into it. I might even try to return the bloody boots!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: I didn't realise till Zagreb that the boots I'd been sold were different sizes!!! The one time I don't try both on and...
And my bus at 6 AM didn't turn up, remember? :lol: And Simon caught a cold. This Budapest was just one big bad luck! :urff: :lol:
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:And Simon caught a cold. This Budapest was just one big bad luck! :urff: :lol:
Aye. Still got it. :urff:
We did have a rather splendid afternoon/evening with Pista in Budapest though, and a Top Night Out in Zagreb with back in time (thanks again, btw!) :notworthy:
The Scene won't save you...
Pista
Cureboi

Oh that's where I caught my cold then.

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity