Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
08.04.2009 - Leeds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #701  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
I've just found a couple of photos I took...

I think that second one might be my thumb...

I was drunk Mr. Green

Laughing Laughing

even the first one could be the inside of your jacket Surprised Mr. Green
nigel d

PostPost #702  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

greetings from west cumbria
my opinion of the night...........for what its worth.
got in early , goldblade were s**t but enthusiastic. reminded me and the mrs of the band i used to be in............. when i was 14.

sisters were good, not very loud to start, but got better, chris's guitar seemed very low throughout and he seemed to be fiddling about for a while.

lights could have been better, not enough strobe for my liking. not really that much smoke either.
We were placed in front of ben about 3 or 4 bodies from the front. got a good view of the bass for romeo down but buggered if i can remeber it.

oh and yes.... can all the tall people (over 5' 4"") please stand behind my mrs, so i dont have to keep lifting her up to see.

what a nice thumb you have mark

there... all said and done...... til next time.
Broke the habbit of bumping into markfiend @ sisters gigs (judging by the photo you were to the left hand side of the hall somwhere)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #703  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nigel d wrote:
Broke the habbit of bumping into markfiend @ sisters gigs (judging by the photo you were to the left hand side of the hall somwhere)
Yep, I know, sorry I missed you!
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #704  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nigel d wrote:

Man, where from? I'm from Cockermouth originally.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #705  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still waiting for photos of the cute girl in the check shirt. Come on, someone must have snapped her! Twisted Evil
Debi

PostPost #706  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stufarq wrote:
I'm still waiting for photos of the cute girl in the check shirt. Come on, someone must have snapped her! Twisted Evil

awwww Kiss
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #707  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
nigel d wrote:

must.resist. Mr. Green
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #708  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

weebleswobble wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:
nigel d wrote:

must.resist. Mr. Green

that sucks.
Debi

PostPost #709  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #710  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:

oh come on, it's a wee bit funny Wink
Debi

PostPost #711  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

weebleswobble wrote:
Debi wrote:

oh come on, it's a wee bit funny Wink

wee.

wee.

oh for the love of god

Laughing
snncrv
Road Kill

PostPost #712  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Girl at start Reply with quote Back to top

stufarq wrote:
Oh, almost forgot. Just before the gig started, a girl got pulled out from the front having fainted. Anyone know if she's okay?

And on the way back to the hotel I got propositioned by a hooker! Is there something about me? After checking out the Shepherds Bush Empire prior to last year's Mish gigs, I got stopped twice within twenty feet and asked for/offered drugs!

Hey, I 'm the girl at the start that went down. I'm fine now, thanks for asking, I lost me and dad's places in the crowd though Evil or Very Mad that realy annoyed me, but the show was real good! Laughing
nigel d

PostPost #713  Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
nigel d wrote:

moved to just outside egremont 2 yrs ago. lots of beaches within 10 -15 mins and the lakes 1/2hr away. love it.

but a bit of a ball ache having to drive to harrogate (3 hours no matter which way you go) to utilise the sister in law for a baby sitter while we went to see the Sisters. but worth it in the end.

the proper north west
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #714  Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nigel d wrote:
the proper north west

Innit.

Passed through the 'Mont over the weekend - took Jnr to Ravenglass etc. Years since I've been.
pink-n-fluffy
Road Kill

PostPost #715  Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey snncrv!

It's good to hear that you were OK in the end & that you enjoyed yourself.

We were in the front row & I think that the people stood just to my right were just in front of you.

I think I saw you when the concert had ended near the merchandise stall while I was waiting for my husband. I was going to ask if you were feeling better, but I wasn't completely sure that it the right person & I would have felt a bit foolish asking the wrong person! Embarassed
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #716  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:
stufarq wrote:

awwww Kiss

Nah, it's just lust.

snncrv wrote:

Hey, I 'm the girl at the start that went down. I'm fine now, thanks for asking, I lost me and dad's places in the crowd though Evil or Very Mad that realy annoyed me, but the show was real good! Laughing

Glad you're okay.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #717  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, it's a week late, but here's my twopenn'orth:

it was fucking awesome.
could have been louder, could have been longer, but it was still The Sisters.
it was fucking AWESOME!
i can't give any less of an emotional response (ever, actually) because it's so much more than just seeing my favourite band -as the sisters are so much more than just my favourite band- never gonna have had enough sex, never gonna have seen the sisters enough live. fact.

and then there's you lot -us lot- Heartlanders! meeting up with you people is always going to be a special occasion, and there was an exceptionally vast crowd of people there without whom it would not have been half as good...as i've said before i love you all, even those of you i don't. (thanks for putting up with me. Mr. Green )

briefly met chris and ben again -they deserve a prize for the amount of time they are consistently prepared to spend talking to/being phgotographed with/signing stuff for us lot IMO.

however....the cherry-on-the-icing on the top of the whole rather enormously scrumptious cake (for me) was finally meeting eldritch -totally out of the blue, whilst i was having a fag outside the aftershow. i've only ever wanted to shake him by the hand and say "thank-you" (and to do so without bugging him or making a tit of myself) and it made me a very happy man. got his autograph as well ("i know i said i wasn't going to bug you andrew but if you could sign that for me i promise to fuck off!") and when he said it was his pleasure he looked like he meant it which was good enough for me. Our fearless leader!

last but by no means least- enormous "thank-you"s to weebs, steve, michael and don partners in crime before and aft and "without whom...." We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #718  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good work, sir Our fearless leader!
the cake is a lie
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #719  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thought you might like to see my photos from the Leeds gig. Enjoy Our fearless leader!

LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #720  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
however....the cherry-on-the-icing on the top of the whole rather enormously scrumptious cake (for me) was finally meeting eldritch -totally out of the blue, whilst i was having a fag outside the aftershow. i've only ever wanted to shake him by the hand and say "thank-you" (and to do so without bugging him or making a tit of myself) and it made me a very happy man. got his autograph as well ("i know i said i wasn't going to bug you andrew but if you could sign that for me i promise to fuck off!") and when he said it was his pleasure he looked like he meant it which was good enough for me. Our fearless leader!

Surprised Surprised Surprised

you're one hell of a lucky man, you know that? Smile
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #721  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bet you forgot to offer your services as bass player tho Wink
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #722  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised oh no! now i'll probably have to wait another 24 years before i get the chance again! just in time for the new album.... It wasn't me... Laughing

(hi stu! Cool )

@LouLou: Mr. Green
eastmidswhizzkid

PostPost #723  Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's just occurred to me that i've never seen them play train before! chuffed! (no pun intended) Laughing
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #724  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Girl at start Reply with quote Back to top

snncrv wrote:

You went straight over the barrier next to my left shoulder Smile
Francis
Overbomber

PostPost #725  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
I've just found a couple of photos I took...

I think that second one might be my thumb...

I was drunk Mr. Green

And you a Mod... Laughing Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: