Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
vienna 03.03.2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandrake
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great vid thanks!
DieAntagonistin
Road Kill

PostPost #27  Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was the first time I saw TSOM live so I was really excited (I began messing around backcombing my hair, preparing my ticket and humming FALAA about two hours before the gig began).

I wasn't there when I Like Trains started playing, I only heard two of their songs. Dull dull dull. But what followed was definitely worth the wait.

TOL at the end was fantastic. I almost fainted when they played Summer, the lights were so beautiful and I got totally emotional (well, Dominion certainly helped me get into that mood). FALAA was amazing with everybody singing along, it was really powerful. Not to mention This Corrosion and Temple of Love. Floorshow was nice but I missed the screams (got some of those at the end of the gig). The sound quality was near perfect, I enjoyed the show immensely.

(But I must say I can't get used to Andy's, er, lack of hair. It's quite disturbing. )

The gig is basically everything I've been talking about for the last few days. I think I was the youngest member of the crowd and got some encouraging looks from others (as in "Well done, youngling!"), 'twas quite funny. Laughing I wish more people my age liked The Sisters, they don't know what they're missing.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #28  Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings DieAntagonistin, and welcome to the party!

And thank you so much for not being one of those eejits whose first and only post is to complain about how disappointed they were... Rolling Eyes I'm so glad that it lived up to your expectations!

As for people your age...there may well be a few around here Wink
Just remember you're responsible for helping to convert your generation Mr. Green
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #29  Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to this forum, DieAntagonistin.

We are not worthy!

Nice to read such a positive review from a newbie. Most people who do not belong to the die hard community only write how disappointed they were with the gig because the expected something like seeing the Wake video in real...
DieAntagonistin
Road Kill

PostPost #30  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys! Very Happy

There really wasn't anything to disappoint me - it would be nice to hear some interaction with the crowd but hey, I wasn't there for a chat show, I was there for the music. Mr. Green And I'm trying really hard to convert my generation, I'm writing an article about The Sisters for my school's newsletter. And even if the gig wasn't that good...my love for TSOM is unconditional. Our fearless leader!
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #31  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DieAntagonistin wrote:
...even if the gig wasn't that good...my love for TSOM is unconditional. Our fearless leader!

Kiss Kiss Kiss
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #32  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome DieAntagonistin

It was good wasn't it?
Okay, so it wasn't the Sisters of old that grabbed me & made me take notice, but then I suppose that would also be boring in a way.
& you're right about TOL.
None more goff!
Cool
TheCureCommunity
jost 7
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #33  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

some nice shots, almost close ups:

http://www.musikmagazin.at/konzertfotos/v/2009/0303-som/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: