Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Thessaloniki - 12/04/2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #26  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"This nightmare is getting more and more pathetic... cheers to Ben and Chris, but it sounds like a fainting machine to me. It's time to face up the facts."

In my opinion that is neither accurate nor very nice. Can't think why he wouldn't soldier on with such an appreciative fan base.
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sucks to hear about that, but if ever there was any doubt that Ben & Chris are worthy to be in the band, here's proof positive in their favour. C'mon now, can you see Adam doing that?

Hail the lads! We are not worthy!
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #28  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Words fail me. Neutral Crying or Very sad
Evan Von Himmel
Road Kill

PostPost #29  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was there too.
Unlucky, Our fearless leader! seemed very "fragile" from the begining. Sad
I hope and pray for his best.

I saw the setlist (that would be played, if Eldo was ok) and it was the usual one with an exception: Will I Dream instead of Something Fast (or Romeo Down or On the Wire/ Teachers).

Last edited by Evan Von Himmel on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evan Von Himmel
Road Kill

PostPost #30  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="iesus"]
if you understan what i mean Mr. Green
Everyone in the gig sang to this one, even the beared guy behind doctor avalanche We are not worthy! Cool[/quote]

Oh yes, that was an unique moment!!!! Mr. Green
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Evan Von Himmel wrote:
I saw the setlist (that would be played, if Eldo was ok) and it was the usual one with an exception: Will I Dream instead of Something Fast (or Romeo Down or On the Wire/ Teachers).

Surprised Surprised Surprised
killer encore! i will probably lay down and die by heartattack on this one. i'm beloved fan of will i dream Laughing
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #32  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What emma said (first post) times twenty.I know AE must find some merit in touring or he wouldn't keep on with it but Dear God,I wish he'd stop.It's appalling that a man of such intellect and abilities has to make his living by rumbly-tumbling 'round the world in a bus.If I ever win the lottery,I'm sending Von a fair bit of it.He can sit his pale old ass in the sun ,play with his cats,and do what the hell he please-fur immer.

(angry old woman rant over now)

first post-fire at will y'all
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #33  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hallo Nadia, welcome! Very Happy

Although I'm selfish to the extent that tours are necessary for my continued well-being, if given the choice I'd rather he needn't go on beating himself up and I never saw them again. (Ow, ow, ow...that hurts. Sad ) I wasn't born to be an altruist - but in this case I'll make an exception. Wink

Time for everyone to go buy lottery tickets... Cool
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #34  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never said I wished he'd stop. Smile In fact, I have no idea what I'd do if he stopped. Neutral All I said was I very much wish he would get well soon, because I very much want to see him on the 26th in Zagreb, in good health and in good mood and in good spirits. But if he needs to take some time off living on the tourbus, because his body objects to it, then so be it. First things first. At this point, all I'm waiting for is some good news from an official source.
But I get your point. Welcome. Smile You're right. If I were him, I would probably quit a long time ago, with a fanbase like this. Or I'd just pretend that I'm enjoying it all, only in order to draw as much money off them as possible and say "now f**k off". Crying or Very sad
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #35  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you really say "rumbly-tumbling"??

Laughing We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #36  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dinky daisy wrote:

that's not his tonsil - teeth looked to good for someone who likes/d(?) sssssomething
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #37  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I Would Love to hear this Vision Thing Laughing
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #38  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't. Much as I think Ben and Chris are cute, nice, talented and lovely. Sad
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #39  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Husek wrote:
I Would Love to hear this Vision Thing Laughing

Indeed we loved it, when heard this Mr. Green
And i am not joking Very Happy
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #40  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you,Anthea and Steve .(and my apologies to Emma) I'm not altruistic.I'm as selfish and self-centered as anyone and I want something from Von,too.I want his words.Just as his lyrics are,Vons' prose is precise,elegant,illuminating ,and very often funny.Reading those old issues of UTR is heaven for me.I want more. ( but right now I just hope he's going to be well)
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #41  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First: I really, really hope Von gets well soon. This incident left us very worried, especially as apparently Simon (The Nurse) said that Von was sent to hospital (yesterday). Take this information with caution, I don't want to start rumours.

But, if Von's conditions aren't as bad as some of us might fear, and if he recovers, I must say that Thessaloniki was very, very special. Of course one goes to a Sisters gig to hear Von sing. But to hear a whole crowd singing along with Ben, Chris and the Nurse at max volume is a unique experience I wouldn't want to miss. It gave me shivers... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

And again We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! to Chris who is an excellent spokesman for the band. I'm really impressed with how he manages such things.

PS! I'm I the only one failing to see the humour in dinky daisy's post given the current circumstances? Wierded Out

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile

Last edited by Eva on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #42  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being selfish and self-centered is a natural need of every living creature, primarily positive and advantageous for everybody, despite all the pain it brings to the non-selfish, and despite what's usually said about it. Wanting something from another, expecting something, thinking "I give, so I deserve", equalling fond feelings with "what's in it for me", however close to selfishness, can be a nasty trap. Neutral I'm stating the obvious here, aren't I.
PS. No.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #43  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nadia81 wrote:
I want his words. Just as his lyrics are, Von's prose is precise, elegant, illuminating, and very often funny. Reading those old issues of UTR is heaven for me. I want more.

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

I am completely helpless when it come to intelligence, erudition, and wit. But then I started reading Wilde at an early age, so my standards are probably seriously warped... Razz
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #44  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:
...apparently Simon (The Nurse) said that Von was sent to hospital (yesterday). Take this information with caution, I don't want to start rumours.

Sad Sad Sad

I'll hope it was simply because that was the best immediate course, given the difficulty of locating a physician on a Sunday. Sometimes the ER is the only real choice of treatment.

And wrote:
...to hear a whole crowd singing along with Ben, Chris and the Nurse at max volume is a unique experience I wouldn't want to miss. It gave me shivers...

That's how I imagined it. It gave me shivers reading about your shivers... Smile

And also wrote:
And again We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! to Chris who is an excellent spokesman for the band. I'm really impressed with how he manages such things.

It's no wonder to me that he and Von get on - he's quite articulate, and obviously thoughtful. And having a band of his own, he's competent to take the lead when and if necessary. (He's been handling interviews quite well, too.)

And finally wrote:
I'm I the only one failing to see the humour in dinky daisy's signature given the current circumstances?

Erm, no. Although it would have been amusing otherwise...but for the colour. Wierded Out
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

PostPost #45  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7anthea7 wrote:

I'll hope it was simply because that was the best immediate course, given the difficulty of locating a physician on a Sunday. Sometimes the ER is the only real choice of treatment.

Yes, that's true. So let's hope the best... Confused

Meanwhile: I'm still confused but on a higher level... Smile
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #46  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, right, but...
Oh God, and Angels.
I should go to bed now. Yesterday I was given a new kitten, all ginger, huge eyes and ears, thin, long paws and tail... It seems, that he likes to sleep under the duvet, and is waiting there for me.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #47  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, that's no good news ...

(except for Chris' and Ben's preventing the show from crashing entirely.
I find them both perfectly alright, anyway. I've got no doubt as to Chris since they played Cologne in 2006. We are not worthy!
And Ben plays his guitar on stage like an animal Very Happy ... I couldn't imagine better companions for Our fearless leader! at this time ...)

I can't go to sleep now. It really makes me worry.
I feel like if Our fearless leader! had ever only talked with me,
things would never ever have got that far ...

Heaven knows, maybe I'm - well off mark ...
I feel sick, now. I need a walk outside in the dark, now.

Hope for the best and, of course, best wishes ...
silentNate

PostPost #48  Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Yes, right, but...
Oh God, and Angels.
I should go to bed now. Yesterday I was given a new kitten, all ginger, huge eyes and ears, thin, long paws and tail... It seems, that he likes to sleep under the duvet, and is waiting there for me.

OMG- you are so lucky!!! Our cats are all older now and I miss having destructive kittens Sad
Pictures pur-lease Embarassed Confused

Still sending vibes for Our fearless leader! and hope the hospital trip wasn't too serious It wasn't me...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #49  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eva wrote:

PS! I'm I the only one failing to see the humour in dinky daisy's post given the current circumstances? Wierded Out

Since when can't we make any cruel jokes about the man who said cruel things in the past about a lot of people...

BEST PRODUCER OF ALL TIME

Mike Chapman

Confused

Oh well, Exile's Kiss You All Over is quite groovy.
Husek

PostPost #50  Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No one had recorded Vision Thing? =(
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: