Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
A Secret 404 Gig??
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: A Secret 404 Gig?? Reply with quote Back to top

Somewhere last week i read someone asking / wondering whether they'd be a secret gig by the sisters. i never saw an answer to this - anyone know? Confused
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well if it's secret...
Debi

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motz wrote:
Well if it's secret...

i knew - i just knew that was worded badly Laughing
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

there have been a few over the years, but none recently

they usually use them as a warm-up before a large tour if they have had an extended period off

these days they tend to spend a good portion of the year on the road anyway, hence no real need for secret warm-up gigs

they usually happen in small venues around leeds - typically 'josephs well' or 'the fenton' (although one was done in dublin in the very early 90s) - and are usually done under an assumed name.... previously used names include the speed kings & celebrity plane crash. IIRC there are a couple of others but i forget :S

were you thinking of one gig in particular that you'd heard of?
the cake is a lie
Debi

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
there have been a few over the years, but none recently

they usually use them as a warm-up before a large tour if they have had an extended period off

these days they tend to spend a good portion of the year on the road anyway, hence no real need for secret warm-up gigs

they usually happen in small venues around leeds - typically 'josephs well' or 'the fenton' (although one was done in dublin in the very early 90s) - and are usually done under an assumed name.... previously used names include the speed kings & celebrity plane crash. IIRC there are a couple of others but i forget :S

were you thinking of one gig in particular that you'd heard of?

i forgot the names too - wasn't one amphetamine something or other? no, i hadnt anything in mind other than seeing someone mention wondering whether there would be a secret one around leeds this summer. and given that the husband said he'd rather see the sisters than DM well - i thought i would ask the question!!!!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing

nah, they're only usually for warm-ups or for band birthdays/anniversaries (eg: 10th birthday gig in leeds 1991, 20th birthday gig in york 2001, warm-up & breaking in a new guitarist just before a big tour in 2005) etc
the cake is a lie
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:

"We're a Near Meth Experience tribute band" Wink

You of all people should remember that one It wasn't me... Laughing

Last edited by aims on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Debi

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:

arrrghhh so why only two in england? when can i see them next? i am not able to have any time off work so ideally near Bristol on a Friday or Saturday night. but alas i dont think thats gonna happen.

keep on dreaming Rolling Eyes
Debi

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motz wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

"We're a Near Meth Experience tribute band" Wink

You of all people should remember that one It wasn't me... Laughing

thats it - near meth.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i dont know anything official but from the gossip i've heard, i think the lack of more uk dates this time was more to do with promoters not wanting to put them on after the negative feedback from the 2006 dates...

i guess keeping it down to 2 dates means it more exclusive and hence they would be guaranteed more people at the shows...?

that's all hearsay though and i dont know if i believe it myself Neutral
the cake is a lie
Debi

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
Laughing

nah, they're only usually for warm-ups or for band birthdays/anniversaries (eg: 10th birthday gig in leeds 1991, 20th birthday gig in york 2001, warm-up & breaking in a new guitarist just before a big tour in 2005) etc

uh. oh. i see. Sad

i will have to be satisfied then with trying to remember the one time i did see them waaayyyyy back.

arseburger. Confused
Debi

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
i dont know anything official but from the gossip i've heard, i think the lack of more uk dates this time was more to do with promoters not wanting to put them on after the negative feedback from the 2006 dates...

i guess keeping it down to 2 dates means it more exclusive and hence they would be guaranteed more people at the shows...?

that's all hearsay though and i dont know if i believe it myself Neutral

well it could pass as a viable reason but as you say, read between the lines i would maybe wager that the band just get less critisism and a much better crowd abroad - especially germany and the eastern block in general. for some reason this country seem to have a problem with supporting their home grown bands. makes me angry Mad
Moakahontas

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Error 404 - Eldritch not found

Debi

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moakahontas wrote:
Error 404 - Eldritch not found

Laughing Laughing Laughing

i have bottled him Surprised Laughing
Nadia81

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like a genie?
Moakahontas

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh come on...can you remember this tiny kitten in bottles? Sold in china or something?? Donīt do that please... ..donīt put him in bottles...
Debi

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no. i meant bottle the scent We are not worthy!
Moakahontas

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THAT sounds better..*phew*
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moakahontas wrote:
Oh come on...can you remember this tiny kitten in bottles? Sold in china or something?? Donīt do that please... ..donīt put him in bottles...

oooh, a bonsai von!

but wasn't that whole bonsai kitten thing just a sick joke by an overbored MIT student?
Debi

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouLou wrote:

oooh, a bonsai von!

Surprised Surprised Laughing
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #21  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:
LouLou wrote:

oooh, a bonsai von!

upon further reflection, i don't think he'd mind being bonsai-ed (that's a verb, right? Razz ) as long as we filled the rest of the bottle with vodka-cran... Twisted Evil Laughing

but then again, we might end up with a pickled Our fearless leader! instead of a bonsai one if we're not careful. Confused

hmm... that's a tricky one.
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... and there was me thinking he is already bonsai enough.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

canon docre wrote:
... and there was me thinking he is already bonsai enough.

Beat me to it... Wink
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #24  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

uh, Surprised... bonsai ... Surprised ... Twisted Evil Mr. Green Twisted Evil... Embarassed ...

That reminds me of something ... beautiful Embarassed
and suppressed in development ...

I couldn't do that to any living being on purpose.
Moakahontas

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouLou wrote:
Debi wrote:
LouLou wrote:

oooh, a bonsai von!

upon further reflection, i don't think he'd mind being bonsai-ed (that's a verb, right? Razz ) as long as we filled the rest of the bottle with vodka-cran... Twisted Evil Laughing

but then again, we might end up with a pickled Our fearless leader! instead of a bonsai one if we're not careful. Confused

hmm... that's a tricky one.

Bah! Thatīs totally disgusting, man...how can you think so??? Mad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: