Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
The all new NEWSWORTHY thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: The all new NEWSWORTHY thread Reply with quote Back to top

Good news Very Happy
time to move on. Twisted Evil

ping
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BBC wrote:

"Meanwhile, the winner of this year's Big Brother will not receive the original prize money of 100,000, the programme's makers have announced."

Im not amused... Confused ................................................ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TBH I've never watched any of it so it'll hardly be missed by me. I shudder to think what vehicle they'll line up for Davina to scream and gurn her way through in it's place, though Surprised
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's over 200 hours of tv scheduling channel 4 will have to fill Surprised

thank christ Laughing

but you just know that a low-rent, skaggy budget version will appear on channel 5 next year Rolling Eyes
the cake is a lie
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How the hell is an average of four million viewers per show poor? I suspect this is just a way to save some money before it returns in an 'new and improved' format...

I watched the third series quite a bit (I was in my first year of University and it was the 'thing to do') and it was a really startling glimpse into the minds of 'normal' people. Absolutely terrifying.

Furthermore, I discovered that a person with an interesting haircut is not necessarily interesting. Who knew?

Last edited by the_inescapable_truth on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

according to the head of channel 4 programming on the new s last night they said "the decision was a creative one rather than a commercial one", and that even though it still had sufficient ratings to make it viable, it was "past its prime" and had become stale, and that they wanted to put new and vibrant programs in its place...
the cake is a lie
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can i ask a question?
yes?
good.

if you dislike some kind of stuff that not affectedon your life/heath/wallet/or other important thing(s) in your life why you bother so much about that ?

ok, time to leave this saloon. my hat and coat please.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
can i aks a question?
yes?
good

if you dislike some kind of stuff that not affectedon your life/heath/wallet/or other important thing(s) in your life why you bother so much about that ?

ok, time to leave this saloon. my hat and coat please.

because (arguably) the show appeals to the baser instincts in humanity and encourages and panders to the shallow, self-centred and attention-seeking behaviour of its "stars" and it's viewers

thus it could be said to have a detrimental affect on society, of which i am a part.

thus it affects me indirectly whether i care about it or not...

hence i give a damn.

Very Happy
the cake is a lie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, the blanket Big Brother coverage on Channel 4 displaces (what little) quality programming they do have. OK, it's not perfect, but I'd rather be watching reruns of Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond while I get dressed of a morning than the BBC1 news Rolling Eyes

Last edited by markfiend on Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sir, i'm gona say something for what you may not like me anymore ( if you ever did).

let's face it avarege man/woman is imbecil.
proof/ reason: if people watch this kind of programm it show the own level. of course TV comp. are not innocent but if none watch this kind of "show" they will died by natuarl causes. end.

Edith:
Everybody Loves Raymond is good (as other Comedy Central) sitcoms if you come back tired after work. it's just so extremely brainless not making you think that i love to watch it.

Last edited by Bartek on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're right unfortunately Mr. Green
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:

me too.

and yeah, me and jo love ...raymond too Laughing Very Happy
the cake is a lie
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:

me too.

Laughing I just can't understand why Deborah hasn't left him years ago.

Or killed him Laughing
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah feel i must defend the average person if such a creature exists! Personally I've never been able to stand Big Brother. But everyone is unique. Yeah there are mindless (or more accurately one track minded) individuals who will take everything tv or pop stars or politians take as gospel. And there is group think (West Ham Tuesday night) but the majority of people are ok and know what is good and what is rubbish. Not my most elequent defense of people but the pollen attacks. Now if we were talking about the mentality of Rothko fans... Wink Mr. Green
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #15  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Also, the blanket Big Brother coverage on Channel 4 displaces (what little) quality programming they do have. OK, it's not perfect, but I'd rather be watching reruns of Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond while I get dressed of a morning than the BBC1 news Rolling Eyes

Very true, as is what The Boss said.

My other main gripe is listening to (or being asked by) people at work about last nights episode of BB.

It's lowest common denominator viewing and I don't want to be party to it. Smile
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #16  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:

me too.

Laughing I just can't understand why Deborah hasn't left him years ago.

Or killed him Laughing

She should have ran away with the brother It wasn't me...
Nadia81

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are worse things than Big Brother-just wait until they start showing Wipeout in the UK. "Creative"?,you betcha! Laughing
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nadia81 wrote:
There are worse things than Big Brother-just wait until they start showing Wipeout in the UK. "Creative"?,you betcha! lol
Already have: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Wipeout
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #19  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idly scurfing channels one nicht, I happened upon 'Total Wipeout USA' I laffed my fat fuckin' ass off at it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

reason:
I thought it was serious, then it dawned on me the guys in the studio had it sussed and it was all one huge feckin' joke. Watch it and try and take it seriously - some of the obstacles are totally outrageous! Very Happy

Quote:
Jay: Holy f**k, is that monkey waving at us? Oh, s**t, It understood us! Maybe it's some kind of supermonkey. What if there's more supermonkeys up at that lab?
[shouts]
Jay: What if they're creating an army of them? Holy s**t. It must be a conspiracy like in the X-Files... *Roswell* style! This little monkey could be the fuckin' damn dirty ape responsible for the fall of the human race. In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey- the monkey will spank us. And after the fall of man, these monkey fucks'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. Oh and only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - *you maniacs*! Damn yous! Goddamn yous all to hell!

MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #20  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*cringes*

"yous" is NOT a word, not even plural to "you", you all or everyone or those or them but please NEVER "yous"!!!!!!

MB
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #21  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spank my fuckin' monkey you bitch!
You know you're desperate for it! Laughing
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
Spank my fuckin' monkey you bitch!
You know you're desperate for it! Laughing

Your wish is my command! Twisted Evil
LOL
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, I just filled a cup! Laughing
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
Dudess, I just filled a cup! Laughing

*washes hands*

A job well done then! BB HL is sooo much more my thing! It wasn't me...
Nadia81

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"yous","youse","yous guys" are all standard english usage in large portions of the U.S. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: