The all new NEWSWORTHY thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

BBC wrote:
"Meanwhile, the winner of this year's Big Brother will not receive the original prize money of £100,000, the programme's makers have announced."

I´m not amused... :? ................................................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

TBH I've never watched any of it so it'll hardly be missed by me. I shudder to think what vehicle they'll line up for Davina to scream and gurn her way through in it's place, though :eek:
Four strings good, six strings bad
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

that's over 200 hours of tv scheduling channel 4 will have to fill :o

thank christ :lol:

but you just know that a low-rent, skaggy budget version will appear on channel 5 next year :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

How the hell is an average of four million viewers per show poor? I suspect this is just a way to save some money before it returns in an 'new and improved' format...

I watched the third series quite a bit (I was in my first year of University and it was the 'thing to do') and it was a really startling glimpse into the minds of 'normal' people. Absolutely terrifying.

Furthermore, I discovered that a person with an interesting haircut is not necessarily interesting. Who knew?
Last edited by the_inescapable_truth on 27 Aug 2009, 13:52, edited 2 times in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

according to the head of channel 4 programming on the new s last night they said "the decision was a creative one rather than a commercial one", and that even though it still had sufficient ratings to make it viable, it was "past its prime" and had become stale, and that they wanted to put new and vibrant programs in its place...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

can i ask a question?
yes?
good.

if you dislike some kind of stuff that not affectedon your life/heath/wallet/or other important thing(s) in your life why you bother so much about that ?

ok, time to leave this saloon. my hat and coat please.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Bartek wrote:can i aks a question?
yes?
good

if you dislike some kind of stuff that not affectedon your life/heath/wallet/or other important thing(s) in your life why you bother so much about that ?

ok, time to leave this saloon. my hat and coat please.
because (arguably) the show appeals to the baser instincts in humanity and encourages and panders to the shallow, self-centred and attention-seeking behaviour of its "stars" and it's viewers

thus it could be said to have a detrimental affect on society, of which i am a part.

thus it affects me indirectly whether i care about it or not...

hence i give a damn.

:D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Also, the blanket Big Brother coverage on Channel 4 displaces (what little) quality programming they do have. OK, it's not perfect, but I'd rather be watching reruns of Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond while I get dressed of a morning than the BBC1 news :roll:
Last edited by markfiend on 27 Aug 2009, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Sir, i'm gona say something for what you may not like me anymore ( if you ever did).

let's face it avarege man/woman is imbecil.
proof/ reason: if people watch this kind of programm it show the own level. of course TV comp. are not innocent but if none watch this kind of "show" they will died by natuarl causes. end.

Edith:
Everybody Loves Raymond is good (as other Comedy Central) sitcoms if you come back tired after work. it's just so extremely brainless not making you think that i love to watch it.
Last edited by Bartek on 27 Aug 2009, 14:09, edited 2 times in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think you're right unfortunately ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:I think you're right unfortunately ;D
me too.

and yeah, me and jo love ...raymond too :lol: :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:
me too.

:lol: I just can't understand why Deborah hasn't left him years ago.

Or killed him :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah feel i must defend the average person if such a creature exists! Personally I've never been able to stand Big Brother. But everyone is unique. Yeah there are mindless (or more accurately one track minded) individuals who will take everything tv or pop stars or politians take as gospel. And there is group think (West Ham Tuesday night) but the majority of people are ok and know what is good and what is rubbish. Not my most elequent defense of people but the pollen attacks. Now if we were talking about the mentality of Rothko fans... :wink: ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:Also, the blanket Big Brother coverage on Channel 4 displaces (what little) quality programming they do have. OK, it's not perfect, but I'd rather be watching reruns of Friends or Everybody Loves Raymond while I get dressed of a morning than the BBC1 news :roll:
Very true, as is what The Boss said.

My other main gripe is listening to (or being asked by) people at work about last nights episode of BB.

It's lowest common denominator viewing and I don't want to be party to it. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
me too.

:lol: I just can't understand why Deborah hasn't left him years ago.

Or killed him :lol:
She should have ran away with the brother :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Nadia81

There are worse things than Big Brother-just wait until they start showing Wipeout in the UK. "Creative"?,you betcha! :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nadia81 wrote:There are worse things than Big Brother-just wait until they start showing Wipeout in the UK. "Creative"?,you betcha! lol
Already have: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Wipeout
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Idly scurfing channels one nicht, I happened upon 'Total Wipeout USA' I laffed my fat fuckin' ass off at it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

reason:
I thought it was serious, then it dawned on me the guys in the studio had it sussed and it was all one huge feckin' joke. Watch it and try and take it seriously - some of the obstacles are totally outrageous! :D
Jay: Holy f**k, is that monkey waving at us? Oh, s**t, It understood us! Maybe it's some kind of supermonkey. What if there's more supermonkeys up at that lab?
[shouts]
Jay: What if they're creating an army of them? Holy s**t. It must be a conspiracy like in the X-Files... *Roswell* style! This little monkey could be the fuckin' damn dirty ape responsible for the fall of the human race. In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey- the monkey will spank us. And after the fall of man, these monkey fucks'll start wearing our clothes and rebuilding the world in their image. Oh and only those as super smart as me will be left alive to bitterly cry - *you maniacs*! Damn yous! Goddamn yous all to hell!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

*cringes*

"yous" is NOT a word, not even plural to "you", you all or everyone or those or them but please NEVER "yous"!!!!!!

MB
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

Spank my fuckin' monkey you bitch!
You know you're desperate for it! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:Spank my fuckin' monkey you bitch!
You know you're desperate for it! :lol:
Your wish is my command! :twisted:
LOL
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

Dude, I just filled a cup! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

James Blast wrote:Dudess, I just filled a cup! :lol:
*washes hands*

A job well done then! BB HL is sooo much more my thing! :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
Nadia81

"yous","youse","yous guys" are all standard english usage in large portions of the U.S. :lol: