Giving Ground with Patricia Morrison support vocals?

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
PalestinianLiberator
Road Kill

Hey everyone!
Just stumbled upon this site, and I have to say,
I have no idea how this one has managed to slip my radar.

I have been a fan of the sisters for the last 6 years [I'm only 17 =/]
and I collect Rare Sisters song, bootlegs, concerts and the like.

I once hear a live version of Giving Ground somewhere [I thought it to be in my collection, but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere], in this version, Andrew sings the entire song as he normally would, but near the end, Patricia joins in, singing "What you have lost, can never be found..." alongside him.

I have searched so hard for this version that I am beginning to believe I may have just dreamed it, but I can play the song in my head and it all seems so right...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, maybe the concert name or something, It would be GREATLY appreciated!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

:?:

Giving Ground = Sisterhood

Your version might be a Sisters' live version with female (background) vocalist.
"as we walk on the floodland"
lachert
Overbomber

are you sure it was sisters. maybe syria cover? if it was sisters, must be something from 1993.
long live rock'n'roll
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

PalestinianLiberator
Road Kill

I am pretty sure it was The Sisters singing it live, not one of the covers.

I had suspected something from '93, but no luck so far =[

Thanks sisterstekland! I am downloading that now and will be able to check it after school =]
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'd be very surprised if there's a version with Patsy on vocals, you've probably heard a '93 live version with female backing vox as mentioned upthread.

Hello and welcome though, it's good to see some younger people listening to the Sisters, it sometimes feels like nowt but old fogies on here :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Watchit meerkat boi! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm including myself into the "old fogie" bracket ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Pssshaw! You damn young whippersnapper* why I oughtta thrash within an inc.......

*what is one of them, you ken stuff like this? :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
PalestinianLiberator
Road Kill

Wow, turns out it was that '93 concert!
Thank you so much, it's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out =/

I had only assumed it was Patsy on vox because the woman had a very strong voice, so she was the first who came to mind =X

But anyways, thanks again!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PalestinianLiberator wrote:the woman had a very strong voice
Maybe, but not while being a Sister. :lol: :wink:

Welcome to HL. :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:Pssshaw! You damn young whippersnapper* why I oughtta thrash within an inc.......

So what is the origin of this phrase?

Well it has to do with cowboys, no less, and the task of looking after the cows.

One of the easiest skills to master was that of cracking the whip. So since this was usually done by a beginner who did not yet have the other skills which were harder to master at their command, then it became known as a whippersnapper, and the phrase has stuck and moved into common parlance.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hom_Corleone wrote:
James Blast wrote:Pssshaw! You damn young whippersnapper* why I oughtta thrash within an inc.......

So what is the origin of this phrase?

Well it has to do with cowboys, no less, and the task of looking after the cows.

One of the easiest skills to master was that of cracking the whip ...
... and imitating the yearning roars of the bulls for their cows ... :wink:
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PalestinianLiberator wrote:Wow, turns out it was that '93 concert!
Thank you so much, it's been driving me nuts trying to figure it out =/

I had only assumed it was Patsy on vox because the woman had a very strong voice, so she was the first who came to mind =X

But anyways, thanks again!
OMG why is that concert so good??? :eek:

I have been to two Sisters concerts in 1990, and frankly, had the impression Herr Eldritch was sleeping on stage. So since, I forever assumed it was always like that, and never went to his concerts again.

To think what I might have missed (... faints ... :urff: )

A million thanks Sisterstekland for the link!
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Welcome PalestinianLiberator.

Not sure if you realise it but Patricia had left the Sisters before Vision Thing and doesn't sing on Floodland. (She might play but that's another story...)
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Sita wrote: OMG why is that concert so good??? :eek:

I have been to two Sisters concerts in 1990, and frankly, had the impression Herr Eldritch was sleeping on stage. So since, I forever assumed it was always like that, and never went to his concerts again.

To think what I might have missed (... faints ... :urff: )

A million thanks Sisterstekland for the link!
:lol: ... two is never enough ... so maybe you give them another try at the M'era Luna Festival in August ... ;D ...

http://sisterswiki.org/Current_events

Without any guarantee, though ... :lol: :wink: ...

and yes, welcome PalestinianLiberator ... :D ...
James Blast
Banned

what calls itself The Sisters Of Mercy these days blows as a live act, the two guitarists try their best but the shoutist and the snoud mixer left the stage at the end of the first song to count the money - you will be had, feel disappointed and may even sob - I just felt angry and am boycotting them until Mr. E gets his shit together, if more people did we might see an improvement
~ Peter Steele
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

2 weeks later I can safely say that gig still sounds absolutely fabulous to me.
Thank you sisterstekland!! :notworthy:

So who IS this chick with the big voice then?