Reptiles and lizards

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Okay, I'm still doing my bit to sustain discussion of lyrics. It's why I'm a Sisters fan, so it's the least I could do.

Here's today's puzzler. :wink:

AE makes reference to reptiles and lizards as a stand-in for politicians. So, the 'reptile house' is the Houses of Parliament, George Bush Senior is the 'blizzard king' in Vision Thing (okay, it's a mixed metaphor, but if you take out the reference to snow/drugs, the lizard king is basically the top politician, right?). [n.b. I assume the connection between the lizard king and the drugs metphor of Anaconda is coincidental - unless anyone thinks differently?]

I read somewhere that reptiles are supposed to represent primal evil or something. But where does this reference come from? Is it from mythology? Jungian psychology? A specific book? Or did AE make it up? :von: Does anyone know anything about where all this came from?

If anyone's interested...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

the snake in the garden of eden

or is that too obvious :roll:
Goths have feelings too
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Jim Morrison? (also known as Lizzard King) :?:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Hmmm, the snake in the garden of eden...now there's an idea...

I shall think about that...
Chris

paint it black

MrChris wrote:Okay, I'm still doing my bit to sustain discussion of lyrics. It's why I'm a Sisters fan, so it's the least I could do.

Here's today's puzzler. :wink:

AE makes reference to reptiles and lizards as a stand-in for politicians. So, the 'reptile house' is the Houses of Parliament, George Bush Senior is the 'blizzard king' in Vision Thing (okay, it's a mixed metaphor, but if you take out the reference to snow/drugs, the lizard king is basically the top politician, right?). [n.b. I assume the connection between the lizard king and the drugs metphor of Anaconda is coincidental - unless anyone thinks differently?]

I read somewhere that reptiles are supposed to represent primal evil or something. But where does this reference come from? Is it from mythology? Jungian psychology? A specific book? Or did AE make it up? :von: Does anyone know anything about where all this came from?

If anyone's interested...
actually

there's a nice twist in the book "them" where the world leaders all go to some sort of summer camp run by giant lizards :eek: :roll:

and no its not fiction, its conspiracy :wink:

The Bilderberg Group :eek:
Goths have feelings too
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

The book "them" by whom? I don't know it...sounds like Robert Anton Wilson on acid - oh no, hold on, that's a tautology...
Chris

paint it black

MrChris wrote:The book "them" by whom? I don't know it...sounds like Robert Anton Wilson on acid - oh no, hold on, that's a tautology...

i thought that was Jackie on acid :lol: :lol: :von:

seriously

Jon Ronson, if i remember right :roll:

was a best seller. may still be

must dash, the hooters gone

like a pavlovian dog i must answer to my masters call :wink:
Goths have feelings too
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

As for the garden of eden metaphor, that can hardly be the source as christianity copied everything from prior sources so as to make christianity more easily palatable for the heathens. The earliest snake i can think of is Ourobouros, the symbol where a snake is eating it's own tail, symbolising the cyclic time, our confined universe and nature. So that one wasn't yet evil, but it doesn't take a good imagination to think of why christians would make snake the evil-doer, as snake represents a naturalistic heathen universe that was to be demolished to give ground for Jehova's idea of the world, where the physical universe itself is leaning towards evil (no need to get into a theological discussion about different views of different christian cults, though the gnostics probably had a bit different views).
The reasons why the ancients chose a snake eating it's own tail are mystical and have nothing to do with that snake was considered evil...just that snake represents something of the nature of the universe per se.

dei
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

I remember David Icke thought the world was run by giant lizards too...but that post-dates the reptile house. Darn, I was sure AE was referring to the former goalkeeper for a minute...
Chris

paint it black

MrChris wrote:I remember David Icke thought the world was run by giant lizards too...but that post-dates the reptile house. Darn, I was sure AE was referring to the former goalkeeper for a minute...
yeah David Ike is interviewed in the book, he spends about a month trailing around with him :wink:
Goths have feelings too