2 dates in Leeds 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
pikkrong
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
pikkrong wrote:good news! :) I wonder if any web-site acccepts international orders...
if they don't, let me know and i'll see what i can do 8)
thank you, Barry! :notworthy:
after posting my request here, Andreas from Germany sent me a link of jumborecords.co.uk and I believe I managed to order the tickets. the bad thing is that I was a bit drunk last night... but I hope it's OK. I know, I should wait until the morning to get sober and order then but - I was drunk :oops:
do i drive
or am i driven
mh
Above the Chemist

I've bought off Jumbo before, there's no probs with international orders. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
robm
Amphetamine Filth

I know it's 2010 and I really should be able to work out how to use ecommerce sites, but should the jumborecords site just redirect you to the front page once you give them your credit card details or have I missed something?
Cyberbio
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

robm wrote:I know it's 2010 and I really should be able to work out how to use ecommerce sites, but should the jumborecords site just redirect you to the front page once you give them your credit card details or have I missed something?
no it should not! using browsers back button and try again should fix the problem...
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Do you know if they plan anything special, different for the the two nights ?
I am considering visiting Yorshire ... but I want to be sure it is worth the money ;)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i gather they have "birthday-type things" planned for both nights, but i don't know more detail than that (yet)

all i'd say is: if you can, you should :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i gather they have "birthday-type things" planned for both nights, but i don't know more detail than that (yet)

Thanks a lot for this hint! :notworthy:

*checking flights*
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i gather they have "birthday-type things" planned for both nights, but i don't know more detail than that (yet)

Thanks a lot for this hint! :notworthy:

*checking flights*
weebleswobble wrote:
1st night pre '85
2nd nite post '85

yeah right :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
1st night pre '85
2nd nite post '85

yeah right :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No I'm not interested in nostalgia, but I heard they served birthday cakes 10 years ago, were they any good? Otherwise I'll have to think over my decision.
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Cyberbio wrote:
robm wrote:I know it's 2010 and I really should be able to work out how to use ecommerce sites, but should the jumborecords site just redirect you to the front page once you give them your credit card details or have I missed something?
no it should not! using browsers back button and try again should fix the problem...
No it won't. On the Jumbo site you have to hit 'Update Your Basket' before buying, otherwise the order doesn't go through. Hence the wording at the bottom of the page:
Note:Don't forget to UPDATE YOUR BASKET before finalising your order.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:I am considering visiting Yorshire ... but I want to be sure it is worth the money ;)
It's always worth the money. You may also wish to part with large amounts of cash here;

Four strings good, six strings bad
robm
Amphetamine Filth

Methedrone wrote:
Cyberbio wrote:
No it won't. On the Jumbo site you have to hit 'Update Your Basket' before buying, otherwise the order doesn't go through. Hence the wording at the bottom of the page:
Note:Don't forget to UPDATE YOUR BASKET before finalising your order.
OK, thanks, I've now managed to do it.

Don't know what I was doing wrong (I'm sure I pressed update, officer), possibly I was just looking at it in a way it didn't like. :)
Methedrone
Amphetamine Filth

Nah it's a badly designed website full stop. It's a lot simpler getting tickets from Crash - the staff are more friendly/helpful there as well.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Norman Hunter wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:I am considering visiting Yorshire ... but I want to be sure it is worth the money ;)
It's always worth the money. You may also wish to part with large amounts of cash here;

those stairs look like a handy unrinal. Thanks for that :twisted:
Goths have feelings too
TheBoyNextDoor

Sounds good. Now when we can rule out Scandinavia I'm tempted.

Will there be any "Near Meth Experience"? :P
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Did you hear the one about the Scotsman, Englishman, Irishman and tentative Canadian girlie?

I'll let you know the punchline next February.

That's the weeble hotel booked up then. ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

tbh, the NME gigs were mainly used as a practice run they'd been away for a while, before the start of a tour.

these days they've been playing so often that they don't need the warm ups...

(allegedly ;) :twisted:)

... so no, an NME gig is unlikely :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
TheBoyNextDoor

Quiff Boy wrote:
... so no, an NME gig is unlikely :(

Ok, so 16-17 February it is then. Will book tickets next week..
Where will people be staying?
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

16th & 17th booked, anyone with local knowledge know if the Radisson Blu is near the gig
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

I´LL BE THERE THE 2 NIGHTS!!!! YES.............. EVERYTHING BOOKED

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I´VE BOOKED IN THE TRAVELODGE HOTEL IN LEEDS(VICAR LANE)10 MINUTES WALK TO THE UNIVERSITY A ROOM WHIT 2 BEDS

I´LL BE ON MY OWN SO IF SOMEONE NEEDS A ROOM, PM ME AND WE CAN SHARE COST. THANKS
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
originalgoth

It would be great if original and past members could be present for the Leeds gigs but failing that I'd love to hear the early songs played in their original way.

I know that Ben & Chris are great at the current set lists but what I'd really love to hear are the original versions or as near as possible as they were played, so no thrashing guitars where there shouldn't be.

I know that other bands that have still got the original guitarist/s that are still playing their early songs stick to the original song because it's easier for them - they wrote the music.
I think with The Sisters though, as guitarists have come & gone, they've either wanted to totally re-write & play the songs to put their stamp on them or :von: wanted them to rework them.

Of course actually hearing :von: clearly would be great so hopefully his mic volume will be right up.

Maybe as a total surprise we'll get the first ever live performance of Black Planet or other never before played live songs :notworthy:

Whatever happens on the nights, I know I'll enjoy them.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Morale Vampire wrote:16th & 17th booked, anyone with local knowledge know if the Radisson Blu is near the gig
How do you define "near" I will be at the Radisson,my hotel of choice in Leeds,here are the directions.
Walk out of the front door and turn right.Go to the junction (1 minute) turn right past the very good weatherspoons,then walkabout (Aussie bar full of Sisters fans last year) walk for another minute.You have reached your destination.
Honestly,it really is that simple.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote:
Morale Vampire wrote:16th & 17th booked, anyone with local knowledge know if the Radisson Blu is near the gig
How do you define "near" I will be at the Radisson,my hotel of choice in Leeds,here are the directions.
Walk out of the front door and turn right.Go to the junction (1 minute) turn right past the very good weatherspoons,then walkabout (Aussie bar full of Sisters fans last year) walk for another minute.You have reached your destination.
Honestly,it really is that simple.[/quote
Thanks, the distance seems managable
jande

looks like I'll be stopping in the 'Heartland' Travelodge on vicar lane too :lol:
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

Got tickets for the 17th
Cheers

MIP