26/07/2011 Helsinki, Finland

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Being645
Above the Chemist

yeah, some more dates were really great to know about ...

Sonisphere as much as Helsinki or Japan do not seem manageable to me at the moment ... however tempting ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Being645 wrote:. however tempting ...
Get tempted more and go for Suomi! ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

I just googled the venue. It looks like the kind of venue I like. 8) No excuse, I have to be there. :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ozpat wrote:
... you make me suffer ... :lol:
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:I just googled the venue. It looks like the kind of venue I like. 8) No excuse, I have to be there. :D
great news! :)
Right On Venom And Revenge
_emma_
Overbomber

:D
eerrr, I mean... - if the venue didn't look so nice, I'd have to come up with another excuse, like, hmmm - for example - I really hate the heat in the summer, and Helsinki is cooler than here isn't it. :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote::D
eerrr, I mean... - if the venue didn't look so nice, I'd have to come up with another excuse, like, hmmm - for example - I really hate the heat in the summer, and Helsinki is cooler than here isn't it. :)
... or like it being entirely necessary to see The Sisters play live high up northern
Europe as this feels just like the cool winds coming from their songs at times ... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Wow, there is a direct ferry from Gdynia. 22 hours on the sea, how cool is that! :D :roll:
Being645
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote:Wow, there is a direct ferry from Gdynia. 22 hours on the sea, how cool is that! :D :roll:
Oh, wow ... that's really a dream ... :notworthy: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

It is, but given the fact that the ferry does not go every day, plus the fact that it's 22 hours one way, plus the fact that Gdynia is not exactly close to my home, it means taking an entire week off work for just one gig. :lol:
Unless I decide to go straight to Japan (but God - how? :? )
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh, I would love to do such a travel ... no chance, anyway ... but still ...

at sea, so long ... and then arrive, and see The Sisters play ...

and afterwards so many hours at sea again ... that's like dissolving in dream for at least three days ...

Can't imagine any drug in this world could do better ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Well I don't know much about drugs, but the feeling I get when my brain produces far too much endorphins, dopamine and oxytocin is indeed rather awesome, and I don' t think drugs can do better than that. :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote:Well I don't know much about drugs, but the feeling I get when my brain produces far too much endorphins, dopamine and oxytocin is indeed rather awesome, and I don' t think drugs can do better than that. :lol:
Oh yes _emma_, hot love is the dearest no money can buy ... :wink: :kiss: ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Being645 wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
Not anymore I guess. :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ozpat wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Ozpat wrote: Get tempted more and go for Suomi! ;D
Not anymore I guess. :innocent:
Indeed, too late now, I've fallen for it ... :urff: :lol: ...
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:Indeed, too late now, I've fallen for it ... :urff: :lol: ...
:lol: :notworthy:

@ emma - I've always wanted to go to Gdyn, and now that you mention the ferry... but is Gdyn-Helsinki as ridiculously expensive as the ferries from east Germany? Those are absolutely impossible.
lachert
Overbomber

it's Gdynia, Sita, Gdynia :twisted:
long live rock'n'roll
_emma_
Overbomber

I haven't checked the prices yet, but yes I'm afraid it's very possible that it would be cheaper to fly. :| But it all depends on various circumstances, there are special offers and promotions and discounts at various travel agents, and so on, so the prices may vary a lot. I once travelled from Poland to Sweden and then from Sweden to Finland on ferries which were normally very expensive, but I managed to get both of them dirt cheap just because it was a "special weekend offer" or sth like that (can't remember now).
Sita

lachert wrote:it's Gdynia, Sita, Gdynia :twisted:
Even worse, I meant I always wanted to go to Gdansk :oops:
But the spelling IS kind of hard you know ;D :wink: :kiss:
Sita

_emma_ wrote:I haven't checked the prices yet, but yes I'm afraid it's very possible that it would be cheaper to fly. :| But it all depends on various circumstances, there are special offers and promotions and discounts at various travel agents, and so on, so the prices may vary a lot. I once travelled from Poland to Sweden and then from Sweden to Finland on ferries which were normally very expensive, but I managed to get both of them dirt cheap just because it was a "special weekend offer" or sth like that (can't remember now).
I see, thanks, Emma! I'm afraid down here in the south they don't promote such offers at all, it's all about Italy here :roll: it's the north-south-divide.
lachert
Overbomber

Sita wrote:
lachert wrote:it's Gdynia, Sita, Gdynia :twisted:
Even worse, I meant I always wanted to go to Gdansk :oops:
But the spelling IS kind of hard you know ;D :wink: :kiss:
gdańsk, gdynia, sopot is almost the same place. some kind of triple-town :wink:

maybe go to tallin and then ferry? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

Sita wrote:
_emma_ wrote:I haven't checked the prices yet, but yes I'm afraid it's very possible that it would be cheaper to fly. :| But it all depends on various circumstances, there are special offers and promotions and discounts at various travel agents, and so on, so the prices may vary a lot. I once travelled from Poland to Sweden and then from Sweden to Finland on ferries which were normally very expensive, but I managed to get both of them dirt cheap just because it was a "special weekend offer" or sth like that (can't remember now).
I see, thanks, Emma! I'm afraid down here in the south they don't promote such offers at all, it's all about Italy here :roll: it's the north-south-divide.
Neither do they up north-west ... at least there's airberlin, but it's still not exactly a bargain ...
Hell, why did I miss to get myself a helicopter pilot license (and a helicopter, of course) ... :roll: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

lachert wrote:maybe go to tallin and then ferry? :eek:
This is another good idea, ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn are frequent, rather cheap and take only about 1 or 2 hours (if I recall correctly, right Indrek?), and there is a direct bus from Warsaw to Tallinn too. Yeah, I know, I know... :roll: :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:
lachert wrote:maybe go to tallin and then ferry? :eek:
This is another good idea, ferries between Helsinki and Tallinn are frequent, rather cheap and take only about 1 or 2 hours (if I recall correctly, right Indrek?), and there is a direct bus from Warsaw to Tallinn too. Yeah, I know, I know... :roll: :lol:
you're correct - they are quite frequent in summer-time. some of them take 2 hrs, some more.
:)
do i drive
or am i driven
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Anyone know if this is sold out? I've just tried to order a ticket and everwhiere takes me to the Tiketti webpage, wihch is colour coded and of not much use to me. All I know is the Add Ticket link ain't working :(
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009