Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Heartland Interview with Gary Marx
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Reviews and Interviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #1  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Heartland Interview with Gary Marx Reply with quote Back to top

Heartland has managed to get an interview with that nice Mr Marx. You know, the guitarist chap that helped kick start all this sh*t?

We are not worthy!

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=30024

Enjoy Smile Our fearless leader!
the cake is a lie

Last edited by Quiff Boy on Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #2  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

btw, i've locked the interview thread, so make your comments on this thread thanks Smile
the cake is a lie
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

this is why i love heartland!!!!
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #4  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy!

Thanks Quiff. Are you planning any interviews with other former/current members or is this a one off?

Thanks again We are not worthy!

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
biggy

PostPost #5  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Very Happy very interesting .

I didn`t realise that Choque (Salvation/Hollow men) had produced the GM stuff .
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy! Quiff Boy We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
seems i have to rush with ordering Heartland tee - otherwise it would be too expensive Wink
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #7  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big Si wrote:
Thanks Quiff. Are you planning any interviews with other former/current members or is this a one off?

I'm going to try, but I'm not sure who else is as accessible Sad
the cake is a lie
Black Shuck

Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

PostPost #8  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoah, way cool!

Did you actually get to meet the great man? Or did he respond by e-mail?
Lars Svensson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #9  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Quiffy: Betcha you can't get one with the good Doktor! Twisted Evil
vicus

PostPost #10  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow - great work! We are not worthy!
Very interesting, especially Gary's views about the "Anaconda"-Production and the situation at the end of his time in the band.
And Thanks to Quiff for asking good questions! Our fearless leader!

http://www.poison-door.net/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #11  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

twas via email... he seems a perfectly approachable chap Smile

the doktor? just had one...

me: how are you?

dok: 10111000101011101010001

ahh, geek humour! Wink Rolling Eyes
the cake is a lie
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

PostPost #12  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh mighty Quiffmeister please please try for Mr Bruhn or Ms Morrison We are not worthy!

and of course that Von bloke would be acceptable ................. Wink
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Dahlia wrote:
Oh mighty Quiffmeister please please try for Mr Bruhn or Ms Morrison We are not worthy!

maybe Chairman Bux could make an exclusive interview with Mr. Eldritch for Heartland? Wink
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and again - now after reading this interview - greatest thanks to QB We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
only one question - because English isn't my first language i'm not very sure did i understand right the following answer:
"I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but he does seem in danger of becoming a hugely likeable man, perhaps that’s why there’s no new music. "
Question
thanks in advance for the explanation if someone cares We are not worthy!
Gary

PostPost #15  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

translation Wink

"i hate to bring bad news, but he is turning into a nice guy, perhaps thats why there's no new music"

hope that makes more sense Wink
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

PostPost #16  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smile

Turned out well Smile

Paddy
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

thanks Quiff

We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one QB, just about to read and listen to Pretty Black Dots which arrived yesterday in the post....
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #19  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, Quiffy.

You conducted the interview eloquently and your questions seem to have warrented clear and detailed replies. Perhaps you could tell us how you arranged it? I suppose you have a certain influence nowadays as master of our heartland.

Since you have shown yourself to be reasonable, perhaps others may be more forthcomming in giving an interview?

Yours ever.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #20  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, feedback on Pretty Black Dots for the cheapskates that only got the free CD..... Wink

It's individual - which I think is great
The lyrics are superb, the whole thing sounds very personal

Shades of - (but not ripping off), Nick Cave, Nick Drake, Leonard C ,Lou R and even Richard Thomson...plus shades of the way Mike Scott threw off the Waterboys crown and rose above it. In short real music....

Production is growing on me too - at first, thought it was rough, but now enjoy the fact that it sounds like a real person with a guitar and mic.

If GM needs a second (and subtle) guitar player me hand is in the air!!!
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #21  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gary wrote:
translation Wink

"i hate to bring bad news, but he is turning into a nice guy, perhaps thats why there's no new music"

hope that makes more sense Wink

thanks We are not worthy!
so i didn't mistake and mr. Marx is an ironic guy, too Smile
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #22  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Black Dahlia wrote:

i dont know enough about patty or andreas to be able to give a good interview Sad

and as for the other members/ex-members, their activities and feelings have been pretty well documented already and i really doubt there's anything new i could bring to the party, as it were... mr marx seemed like an interesting character as he'd remained fairly quite about the whole thing ever since, and after GD seemed to disappear from the limelight leaving a lot of questions.

also, there's nothing i could ask von that hasnt been asked either a million times already, or a damn site better by others... that last interview in glasperlenwhatever was pretty much on the button as far as i'm concerned for example... i'd probably just annoy him Cool

now adam, mike and chris, however... hmmm! Wink

or even the elusive mr gunn! Mr. Green

but if anyone knows how to reach andreas or patty, and can think of a few interesting things to ask that i can build an interview on, i'll try! Smile

@ mr eddy: Embarassed thanks! Smile actually, i just emailed him and mentioned the forum and politely asked if i could email him some questions to post on the forum. he kindly agreed - and as you can see was pretty candid with his replies Smile full respect to mr marx Our fearless leader!

(i did actually ask him if he wanted to go for a pint too, but he declined to reply to that one Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
the cake is a lie
MrEddy
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #23  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
full respect to mr marx Our fearless leader!

(i did actually ask him if he wanted to go for a pint too, but he declined to reply to that one Wink Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

Better luck next time...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #24  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i found this bit particularly interesting!

Quote:
HL) There’s a “story” that says that “Walk Away” was about you – did you know that? And if so, how did you feel about it?

GM) When we were making ‘First And Last And Always’ Andrew was effectively splitting with his long-term girlfriend and I was close to leaving the band. The two things led to a number of references in the lyrics which seemed to cover his farewells to us both. ‘Walk Away’ may or may not be about me, I don’t care because I don’t particularly like the song – the one lyric which always bugs me is the line from ‘Some Kind Of Stranger’ which says ‘..careful lingers undecided at the door’ which I definitely took as a shot at me.

Surprised
the cake is a lie
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #25  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Quiff boy! That was a great read on a merry monday morning like this. Keep it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Reviews and Interviews All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: