Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
London - Roundhouse - November 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #351  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sita, will we meet this year, are you going to any of the upcoming gigs? I thought I'd see you in London. :-(
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #352  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Sita, will we meet this year, are you going to any of the upcoming gigs? I thought I'd see you in London. :-(

Not this year, probably Sad I thought you knew I wasn't coming, sorry! Had to cancel London last minute. Ah, how I love to be a freelancer... Rolling Eyes Wierded Out
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #353  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So they finally managed to play a belter in London We are not worthy! Very Happy I really like the Roundhouse, as evidently did the band! I think the quote was, "We normally hate playing London but this place is gooood!!" I had a great time before, during and after this gig. Only gripe was I didn't notice the shirts on display at the merch stall were the new designs and not llots of Groovy shirts! And it was way too busy for me to ask to scrutinise the stock. Oh well, next time Smile
Timm
Road Kill

PostPost #354  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all - first post.

I think the man once known as Mr Taylor is a genius. The asides within his lyrics have quite literally shaped my life.
And I've never felt the need to share that with anyone.

But oh my dear, if that was a good gig, I'll never pay to see him again.

That actually hurts.

Crying or Very sad
rosemartin
Road Kill

PostPost #355  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with using Metal song kick as a point of reference is it's user inputed.
So i could create a new date of sister's in Ulan bator if i wanted to,Without any Venue :band confirmation...
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #356  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DocSommer wrote:
Sita wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
robertzombie wrote:
I really hope a good looking/sounding bootleg comes out of this gig!

This person seems to have one: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautifulBoots

Pipeline, Neverland and a bit of Flood 2 are uploaded. F**k!! The performance sounds perfect. Good video too.

Looks good, but I simply hate when people profit on the work of someone else, no way I'm gonna support that.

I've mailed this guy for a HD/raw version. If I can get this for a reasonable price I'd share it of course. If the price turns out unreasonable or just some DVD version I can't use for processing I'll reject the offer anyways.

I´ve ordered so if you don´t, DON´T DO IT

2016 BRUSSELS SO FAR....SO WAITING FOR MORE

MERA LUNA-BARCELONA-PORTUGAL-MADRID
LIVERPOOL AND SHEFFIELD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #357  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dtsom wrote:
DocSommer wrote:
Sita wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
robertzombie wrote:
I really hope a good looking/sounding bootleg comes out of this gig!

This person seems to have one: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautifulBoots

Pipeline, Neverland and a bit of Flood 2 are uploaded. F**k!! The performance sounds perfect. Good video too.

Looks good, but I simply hate when people profit on the work of someone else, no way I'm gonna support that.

I've mailed this guy for a HD/raw version. If I can get this for a reasonable price I'd share it of course. If the price turns out unreasonable or just some DVD version I can't use for processing I'll reject the offer anyways.

I´ve ordered so if you don´t, DON´T DO IT

Thanks ... We are not worthy! ...
Peege
Road Kill

PostPost #358  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Timm wrote:
Hi all - first post.

I think the man once known as Mr Taylor is a genius. The asides within his lyrics have quite literally shaped my life.
And I've never felt the need to share that with anyone.

But oh my dear, if that was a good gig, I'll never pay to see him again.

That actually hurts.

Crying or Very sad

Looks like I'm not the only one who was seriously disappointed.

I was beginning to think that I really was at a different gig to everyone else on here!

http://chillthepartyband.blogspot.com/
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #359  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But when have they ever sounded exactly the same live as on record??

Confused

in fact, when does any band?

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #360  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doktor Gott wrote:

Confused

Coldplay did just recently at Pinkpop.... Wierded Out
Peege
Road Kill

PostPost #361  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doktor Gott wrote:

Confused

For me that's not really the point - as a gigging musician myself, I don't expect bands to sound the same live as they do on record....if I just wanted to hear that I'd put on the CDs and save myself the ticket money and the 3 hour trip to London.

But, having never seen the Sisters before, I have nothing else to compare them against. The very least I expected was to be able to hear everything clearly.

Instead, all I could really hear was the Dok. Everything else was just a "mush".
Mav787
One life, all I need

PostPost #362  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Peege wrote:
Doktor Gott wrote:

Confused

For me that's not really the point - as a gigging musician myself, I don't expect bands to sound the same live as they do on record....if I just wanted to hear that I'd put on the CDs and save myself the ticket money and the 3 hour trip to London.

But, having never seen the Sisters before, I have nothing else to compare them against. The very least I expected was to be able to hear everything clearly.

Instead, all I could really hear was the Dok. Everything else was just a "mush".

It takes very little effort to download some previous Sisters concerts (whether on here or on Dime). You could have known what to expect.

Von has NEVER sung clearly live. It's just not his style. 25+ years ago he held on to his mic stand for dear life and mumbled his way through. But so what, I loved the Sisters then and I love them now.

Its the mix of drums, loud guitars, and vocals that delivers the Sisters experience. The Sisters are not a solo singer with a backing band.
Peege
Road Kill

PostPost #363  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mav787 wrote:
Peege wrote:
Doktor Gott wrote:

Confused

It takes very little effort to download some previous Sisters concerts (whether on here or on Dime). You could have known what to expect.

Von has NEVER sung clearly live. It's just not his style. 25+ years ago he held on to his mic stand for dear life and mumbled his way through. But so what, I loved the Sisters then and I love them now.

Its the mix of drums, loud guitars, and vocals that delivers the Sisters experience. The Sisters are not a solo singer with a backing band.

Let's face it, the vast majority of videos on the net are not a true representation of the actual live sound - the sound is usually distorted, 'cos most consumer camcorders and phone cameras can't handle the volume. So you can't judge from these vids what to expect.

In any case, for me, Von's voice wasn't really the biggest problem - I thought he did OK given the overall lousy mix. For me the problem was the lack of clarity in the music. For example, I love the guitar riff in Vision Thing, but I couldn't hear it at all. And when I could pick out elements, it was 'cos they stuck out of the mix like a sore thumb - the piano in More for example....I couldn't hear the underlying synth line at all.

_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #364  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
I really like the Roundhouse, as evidently did the band! I think the quote was, "We normally hate playing London but this place is gooood!!"

I heard "but this place is beautiful". Oh well. Whatever. Smile
euphoria

PostPost #365  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
I really like the Roundhouse, as evidently did the band! I think the quote was, "We normally hate playing London but this place is gooood!!"

I heard "but this place is beautiful". Oh well. Whatever. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNyXL_ZIp4k

0:15...."really good"...or "brilliant"? I'm getting old and deaf Wink
Sita

PostPost #366  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My continental ears hear "güüüüd" in some weird accent ... Wink
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #367  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever, what's important is that he liked the venue. We are not worthy!
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #368  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"but this place is weird"
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #369  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:

That's what I thought he said too
TheGoodSon
Road Kill

PostPost #370  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Peege wrote:
Mav787 wrote:
Peege wrote:
Doktor Gott wrote:

Confused

Let's face it, the vast majority of videos on the net are not a true representation of the actual live sound - the sound is usually distorted, 'cos most consumer camcorders and phone cameras can't handle the volume. So you can't judge from these vids what to expect.

In any case, for me, Von's voice wasn't really the biggest problem - I thought he did OK given the overall lousy mix. For me the problem was the lack of clarity in the music. For example, I love the guitar riff in Vision Thing, but I couldn't hear it at all. And when I could pick out elements, it was 'cos they stuck out of the mix like a sore thumb - the piano in More for example....I couldn't hear the underlying synth line at all.

"For me, the recorded song is the norm." / Andrew Eldritch, mid-90s, from Underneath The Rock.
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #371  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...probably almost everything was written here, so that only shortly: it was astonishing, storming, wild and wet, in no particular order Cool

And again, great to meet everybody, at the Enterprise, that döner-or-what-it-was refreshment point or at the venue itself We are not worthy!

And for hungry watchers, some more vids from my not-so-smart cell phone. As usually, average picture and good sound. And due outstanding moshpit intenstity, shaking more than usually, but you can feel (again) the atmosphere...

Hopefully see you during the Great Dutch Final!!!!

Petr alias Sukhoi alias that-almost-always-thirsty Czech It wasn't me...

Intro + FALAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhHzBqsHJUk
No Time To Cry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m712NNTkkQM
Dominon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qkhIf-TJv0
Something Fast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGgYFE0wTLk
Lucretia (beginning)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHGggwW3xgk
Lucretia (end) + Vision Thing (just beginning)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6zwYsa1UH0
goodbye (very end...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJe2GkZgcVQ
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #372  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lazarus corporation wrote:
czuczu wrote:

That's what I thought he said too

Laughing now does anybody know for sure what he said in Dublin - "we're friends with....." whom Confused Pity V. Nabokov is not alive, he could write a very good book about the things MrE says in between songs and all his fans' misinterpretations based on mishearing . Laughing

EDIT:
Thanks for the videos sukhoi, see you soon hopefully. Smile
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #373  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm glad that we go to london after dublin, 'couse it was good atmosphere gig in nice venue. i was standing like a pussy in second row and watch whole thing. probably after sitting on circel at previous one i feel strong need to be closer to the guru maharaja Laughing poor that sound was crap when we were standing. don't hear guitars, just doctor and Andrew, so it was a little bit karaoke thing. and it was too quiet for me, i hate when i'm hearing my voice louder than band when i'm "singing" Laughing probably it was just a place thing and probably Inga will completely disagree with this and she was standing 5 cm from me Laughing anyway i think Andrew is a good stage animal, if he want and if he care. i'm sure that 90% folks from under the stage think that he's singing just for them Laughing i told to Paulina "hey girl i think Andrew was mocked mine chewing gum on lucretia or something!", what i clearly saw It wasn't me... and she said "are you stupid, did you know how many people was chewing gum under stage?" Laughing
Paulina grabbed Doctor setlist in very strange way and we must run away to catch our coach to manchester, so no afterparty Evil or Very Mad
anyway, good gig, good Laughing
see you guys next time Wink
SomeKindOfStranger

PostPost #374  Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

have any decent audio recordings of this one appeared anywhere yet?
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #375  Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:
have any decent audio recordings of this one appeared anywhere yet?

In the Wiki are a few links to vids on YouTube ... Wink ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TTd0bEVjv4 - Ribbons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9oF17QgUY - Alice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0H-fPz4DR0 - Arms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDm7OEtoyAc - This Corrosion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPSL_sKii3w - Never Land
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKnCwufztp8 - Flood II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hVhcbs0p7o - More
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM8NPb3LVCg - Lucretia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjDUOzw9BWU - Temple of Love

with plenty thanks to the original uploaders on YouTube ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: