[Cancelled] Sonisphere, Czech Republic, June 11th

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
psichonaut
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Why do you ask, have you heard that they are going to play in Italy too? :D :D
not the Sisters, but i'm intersted in Irons, Linkin Park and The Cult, they will play in Italy
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

psichonaut wrote:
_emma_ wrote:Why do you ask, have you heard that they are going to play in Italy too? :D :D
not the Sisters, but i'm intersted in Irons, Linkin Park and The Cult, they will play in Italy
I'm sure you'll enjoy! Be carefull in the moshpit! :P :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
psichonaut
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
psichonaut wrote:
I'm sure you'll enjoy! Be carefull in the moshpit! :P :wink:
your hand would help :lol: :lol:

in truth i'm looking around for someone who comes along with me
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...just got answer from organizers about the stage (main/smaller stage). And the answer is...MAIN stage :lol: . Just for those hesitating whether to buy normal ticket or that rather more expensive "golden circle" one.

But no guarentee, just giving information I got, don't stone me if otherwise....
Right On Venom And Revenge
lachert
Overbomber

i will not pay double to go under the stage :evil:
long live rock'n'roll
lachert
Overbomber

long live rock'n'roll
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

Soni-sphere? Soni-when more like!
lachert
Overbomber

go play with killing joke and motorhead, day before in poland, morons :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
sukhoi

ugh, I will check it with organizers again...

Almost every show here in Czech was accompanied by some mess (change of venues, low sound etc.), with great exception of Tabor 2005.

Hope it will settle somehow just as a proof of :von: 's words before last gig in Prague: "We love to visit (and play) the Czech Republic, and don't blame the disorganisation of one or two promoters or venues on an entire country." (copied from my e-mail :lol: )
_emma_
Overbomber

s**t, I already bought that golden circle ticket, so I really hope it'll turn out OK. :(
sukhoi

_emma_ wrote:s**t, I already bought that golden circle ticket, so I really hope it'll turn out OK. :(
I told you, don't stone me...but let's see
lachert
Overbomber

unfortunatelly i don't believe that date will be moved, i rather believe that the sisters will not play there :?
long live rock'n'roll
Cyberbio

lachert wrote:unfortunatelly i don't believe that date will be moved, i rather believe that the sisters will not play there :?
They don´t show up in the Line-Up link... hmmm.... :?:
2023: Athen, London, London, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Münster, Esch-Sur-Alzette, Hannover, Hamburg, Berlin, Leipzig, Köln, Wiesbaden, Würzburg, Stuttgart, Wien
sukhoi

Cyberbio wrote:
lachert wrote:unfortunatelly i don't believe that date will be moved, i rather believe that the sisters will not play there :?
They don´t show up in the Line-Up link... hmmm.... :?:
...but it is only problem with their slowness with making English pages up-to-date. They are still on Czech version of pages http://cz.sonispherefestivals.com/progr ... -of-mercy/

...but it does not mean anything, of course. Yesterday I contacted organizers again, when I will get answer, I will repost it here. But also, they are not too quick with answering :roll:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've updated the status at the top of every page to point to the announcement on the sisters site

if we manage to get any details before they update their site, i'll change the link again to point back to that :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
_emma_
Overbomber

sukhoi wrote:
_emma_ wrote:s**t, I already bought that golden circle ticket, so I really hope it'll turn out OK. :(
I told you, don't stone me...but let's see
Why should I stone you, it's not your fault, it seems like it's nobody's fault but some sort of a misunderstanding. I just hope I will manage to sell the ticket if it turns out that The Sisters won't play there. :(
So if you have any friends who want to see Iron Maiden and don't have their tickets yet, please tell them to be so kind and wait for a couple of days because I might be selling mine. Seriously.
lachert
Overbomber

now i'm thinking that everything will be fine. Ben's making preparations for this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVbB3nYVITo
;D
long live rock'n'roll
sukhoi

...just got answer from organizers of Czech Sonisphere:

"I don't have any such information, if I get any, I will let you know..."
(I did send them footnote from official page)

...so again, wait and see

(to Emma: I will try, but don't have any friends within Maiden's commnity :lol: . But I will make something up, in case...)
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Updated:

There has been a licence change for the above event, meaning that this date may be moved. We are waiting to hear back from the promoter. Please wait before buying tickets or making travel arrangements. This unfortunate matter is completely out of our hands, but we will endeavour to let you know what is happening as soon as we can - an announcement is scheduled to be made on Friday the 13th of May. Thank you.
lachert
Overbomber

Friday the 13th, so what do you expect? :eek: :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
_emma_
Overbomber

My parents got married on Friday 13th almost 40 years ago and they've been a happy couple since then, and one of my best friends was born on Friday 13th, so I'm full of hope. :D
Yeah, right. :roll: :?
lachert
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:My parents got married on Friday 13th almost 40 years ago and they've been a happy couple since then, and one of my best friends was born on Friday 13th, so I'm full of hope. :D
dear _emma_ i was born friday 13th too, and look at me :lol: lucky men :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
sukhoi

_emma_ wrote:My parents got married on Friday 13th almost 40 years ago and they've been a happy couple since then, and one of my best friends was born on Friday 13th, so I'm full of hope. :D
I like the way you look on world, one Weiβbier on me :lol:
_emma_
Overbomber

lachert wrote:dear _emma_ i was born friday 13th too, and look at me :lol: lucky men :lol:
:eek: :notworthy: indeed you were! How cool! 8)
Weiβbier seems like a great idea too, there's one or two in the fridge I think. :)
sukhoi

Finally some news. And bad news, or at least not good news I'm afraid :(

Sonisphere festival was moved to Prague, but no mention about Sisters in news report and name of THE band missing on new version of e-poster.
http://cz.sonispherefestivals.com/

I'm not sure about it, but I feel very strongly Sisters won't be playing there, will check it and confirm/deny it as soon as possible...

EDIT - NOW CONFIRMED: just got e-mail from organizers. Sisters won't be there. Rough translation: "We got the information few hours before. The Sisters of Mercy were supposed to play with special night set which is not possible on new location."