New interview in french mag Elegy (April 2011)

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The french mag Elegy has in its new issue of 4 pages interview of Chrys and Ben, Andrew still refusing any interview, but it is really an interesting one !

Everything's can be read at:
http://thesistersofmercy.free.fr/index.php
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hell, it's in French ... :eek: :oops: ... gotta fetch ma dictionnaire ... :lol: ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Merci beaucoup, doctoravalanche :notworthy:

The most important things as I understood them:

Chris says he likes Arms and Still the best because he has co-written them, then they have written a third song, all 3 of them, which they "could play"?

Ben says it's not true that Andrew is hard to work with - although it's more difficult if you disagree with him (oh really), he's still not a dictator. And both Ben and Chris say he has a Northern English style and keeps his promises, unlike in the south (London) where you allegedly talk more nonsense. Well, something like that anyway :lol:

I would like clarification about the part where they talk about the reason the Sisters didn't play France before 2006, I didn't understand that completely :?:
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Very good interview
I would like clarification about the part where they talk about the reason the Sisters didn't play France before 2006, I didn't understand that completely
He is basically saying that :von: has no problem with France/french people
but everytime he tried to come, promoter were bad, so he just get fed up of it and give up for a while, then he tried again in 2006 and the thing goes well
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

sisterstekland wrote:Very good interview
I would like clarification about the part where they talk about the reason the Sisters didn't play France before 2006, I didn't understand that completely
He is basically saying that :von: has no problem with France/french people
but everytime he tried to come, promoter were bad, so he just get fed up of it and give up for a while, then he tried again in 2006 and the thing goes well
Ok, thanks :D

Oh, and there was something (a joke I think) about playing the "Bikini" in Toulouse, when they talked about the slippy floor at Bataclan last time in 2009, what was that about?
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

at the bataclan, they had problem with the smoke machine which was creating like some oil on stage so it's was much more like a ice rink than stage.
then :? "we try to book a date in Bikini Toulouse", we wished to play there.
doctoravalanche

euphoria wrote: Oh, and there was something (a joke I think) about playing the "Bikini" in Toulouse, when they talked about the slippy floor at Bataclan last time in 2009, what was that about?
The Bikini is a real venue in Toulouse (south west of France) ;)
About the floor in the Bataclan, he explains that the floor was really like ice because one of the smoking machine did not work well and deversed some oil/liquid on the floor, that's why if you look at the video below Andrew makes the housecleaner at 13.06 and later they put some carpets on the floor before Andrew manages to kiss it ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95CxCbP-2lg
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thanks again, tous les deux ;-)

Play Toulouse and or instead of Paris, and did they mean 2009 then?

I would LOVE if they ever played somewhere else than Paris, like Lyon, Toulouse or Bordeaux!
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Look like they want to play both in 2009
Many bands goes to play Toulouse :wink:
doctoravalanche

From what i understand they are still trying to book a date in Toulouse, they'd love to play there :)
And indeed that would be great if The Sisters could play in other cities than Paris !!
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Thanx for the interview, doc. I might go out later and get the actual magazine (it's nr 67 with Coil etc, right?) :D
in dub we trust
radiojamaica
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Thanx for the interview, doc. I might go out later and get the actual magazine (it's nr 67 with Coil etc, right?) :D
Found it! It's Nr 68...
in dub we trust