Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Norway - Bergen 2011-11-15!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Norway - Bergen 2011-11-15! Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.billettservice.no/event/THE-SISTERS-OF-MERCY-UK-billetter/BUS1511 We are not worthy!
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

happy for you but wtf? Surprised where's continental tour? only islands, scandinavia etc... one and only gig so far will be cancell tomorrow. looks like thay don't wanna go down on mainland this time Surprised
euphoria
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
happy for you but wtf? Surprised where's continental tour? only islands, scandinavia etc... one and only gig so far will be cancell tomorrow. looks like thay don't wanna go down on mainland this time Surprised

Go down on? Mr. Green

Don't worry yet, remember how they toured in march 2009 Wink
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
lachert wrote:

Go down on? Mr. Green

Don't worry yet, remember how they toured in march 2009 Wink

must be new kind of english, sorry Confused
i don't wanna such big tour as in 2009, it always means a lot of mid-quality gigs and tired band, but 2 - 3 decent gigs near me will be nice Twisted Evil
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, given they start from Dublin to London then Bergen

it does rather look like the beginning of quite some further shows ... Laughing Mr. Green Wink ...
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I'm going to have to find some extra source of income.
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone wanna sponsor a native Norwegian speaker to take along for those tricky beer ordering conversations?

i'm hjappy to cover all your translating and interpreting needs for a small fee: accomodation, travel costs, and a daily food allowance! thanks!

on the other hand, norway is not in the EU so cigarettes and booze at the airport on entry! \o/
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:

You should be happy, there is a cheap direct flight from Gdansk to Bergen with Wizzair Laughing
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bergen of all places! Cool

Bring on the swedish dates. Smile
TheGoodSon
Road Kill

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Bergen of all places! Cool

Bring on the swedish dates. Smile
I´ve heard whispers... Wink
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheGoodSon wrote:
I´ve heard whispers... Wink

Wink
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sukhoi wrote:
_emma_ wrote:

You should be happy, there is a cheap direct flight from Gdansk to Bergen with Wizzair Laughing

But I need a canoe from London. Laughing
euphoria

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
sukhoi wrote:
_emma_ wrote:

But I need a canoe from London. Laughing

London-Bergen is only 36 hours by express train, should be no problem for someone contemplating the Transsib - at least if someone has a big fat wallet It wasn't me...
Sita

PostPost #14  Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sob sniff wail, I was hoping they played Norway around the Helsinki gig Crying or Very sad
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
London-Bergen is only 36 hours by express train,

I've just been googling and googling and nope, it's not doable by train, even if the journey takes "only" 36 hours it's still too long to make it in time. Confused
Does anybody know if there exist a fast ferry from England to Norway? Either I'm too dumb to find it on google, or it doesn't exist. Sad
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just get on a bloody plane! Razz
euphoria

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
euphoria wrote:
London-Bergen is only 36 hours by express train,

I've just been googling and googling and nope, it's not doable by train, even if the journey takes "only" 36 hours it's still too long to make it in time. Confused
Does anybody know if there exist a fast ferry from England to Norway? Either I'm too dumb to find it on google, or it doesn't exist. Sad

No, they removed all ferry services UK-Norway a couple of years ago, only Scandinavian connection today is Harwich-Esbjerg(DK), which doesn't make much sense för Bergen.

And yes you're right, I had underestimated how poor the connections were between the two biggest cities in Norway... Oslo could be reached already before noon, but then the fun ends.
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dr Poo wrote:

well if you booked one already, can you PM me the details of the flight We are not worthy! (which obviously doesn't mean I will be able to say yes, but at least you'll know that I tried). Smile Confused
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Dr Poo wrote:

well if you booked one already, can you PM me the details of the flight We are not worthy! (which obviously doesn't mean I will be able to say yes, but at least you'll know that I tried). Smile Confused

I'm sure there'll be room in his TURDIS

perhaps you could hire a 'rib' or travel by deep sea trawler Confused
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #20  Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Sita

PostPost #21  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Came back from Bergen yesterday, I have seen quite a few cities, but I've never seen anything like that town before Surprised "amazing" would be understatement.

Some travel tips for you guys:

If you have an extra day, take the train Oslo-Bergen. It is allegedly one of the most beautiful train trips in the world, and I can testify that it's true Surprised
Takes 6, 7 hours, it's quite an experience and not boring at all. You'll even get through a highland area where they filmed one of the first Star Wars movies Very Happy

If you book the train ticket online (Norwegian railways official website http://www.nsb.no/?lang=en_US) in advance, you can snatch a "Minipris" starting at 199.- NOK (around 20 Euro) for all the way. It gets more expensive with time and there is a limited contingency of these, so it's better to buy it timely.

Train is roomy and comfy, and they have decent coffee (for a train).
There is an extra playground wagon for families with children, so in the other wagons, you can enjoy the quiet Wink

And in Bergen, avoid the scenic spots like Bryggen during day when it's overcrowded with tourists, just go there late afternoon when the tourist buses have left.
Shops for clothes and stuff close around 5 pm in summer, but food shops are open until midnight. You can't buy alcohol in supermarkets and 7/11s after 6pm (week) or 8pm (weekends), only in pubs, where it's more expensive of course.
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sita, I know, I checked this route on the internet and this is exactly what I wanted to do, but sadly the trip by train from London to Bergen is not doable in time to make it to the Bergen gig (and I'll definitely be in London). So - not this time for me, I hope that one day in my life I'll take the Oslo-Bergen train anyway.
centurionofprix

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are any of you familiar with the venue, USF Verftet? How's the sound for a rock and roll gig?
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoy!
Sita

PostPost #25  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have a great night, everyone! And for all you Bergeners, greetings to that beautiful city.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: