Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Oslo, Norway - 2011-11-16
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Oslo, Norway - 2011-11-16 Reply with quote Back to top

Tickets will be available Saturday, May 14 10:00. Subscribers of the newsletter from www.rockefeller.no (the venue) can get tickets from Friday 09:00. Tickets will be available online at www.billettservice.no
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"black november"? Surprised
despair

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So it seems, guess more dates are just around the corner.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. We are not worthy!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #5  Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
"black november"? Surprised

Sisters XXX ... Mr. Green ...
despair

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like tickets are now available to everyone:
http://www.billettservice.no/event/THE-SISTERS-OF-MERCY-billetter/ORF1611
Mothra

PostPost #7  Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very tempted by this, having always wanted to visit Scandinavia. Have heard scary stories of the price of eating and drinking out and the like though. Anyone got any idea how much a beer costs in Oslo on average (priorities right!)
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last time they played there (2008? 2009? can't remember Embarassed ) one very small beer after the gig was about 8-9 EUR. One very small coffee at the train station was 4 EUR. Wierded Out Beautiful country though, and the gig was good. Smile
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Last time they played there one very small beer after the gig was about 8-9 EUR.

pure madness Surprised Surprised Surprised
Drsisters

PostPost #10  Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
Last time they played there one very small beer after the gig was about 8-9 EUR.

pure madness Surprised Surprised Surprised

What to expect from the Oil Maffia that not even is a part of EU..
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But then one goes to Romania where one big beer in a rather posh cafe at a beautiful market square costs 1.80 EUR, so a Sisters' fan's pocket can regain its balance. Very Happy
doulfe
Road Kill

PostPost #12  Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
But then one goes to Romania where one big beer in a rather posh cafe at a beautiful market square costs 1.80 EUR, so a Sisters' fan's pocket can regain its balance. Very Happy

Surprised
That must have been a very posh cafe.

Laughing Laughing
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
What to expect from the Oil Maffia that not even is a part of EU..

Hahaha! What a joke.
Sita

PostPost #14  Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is really really OT, and I don't want to get into politics here, but Norway is so expensive not because it's mafia, but because it is a super welfare state, and because everyone there earns decent money. So in order to keep such a state running, taxes are high, that's why prices are high. At least that's what my Norwegian friend explained me. Anyway, I'll see for myself soon Very Happy
despair

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:
Norway is so expensive not because it's mafia, but because it is a super welfare state, and because everyone there earns decent money.

Spot on, Norway isn't expensive for people who actually earn their money here. In fact, we have the highest living standard in the world. The decision to not apply for EU membership came after a referendum, and had nothing to do with mafia whatsoever. I voted no myself and would do the same again.
Sita

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh cool, you are Norwegian? Any tips for Oslo or Bergen?
Yeah the EU, a megalomaniac ideological project in "best" 20th century tradition Rolling Eyes
Drsisters

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

despair wrote:
Sita wrote:
Norway is so expensive not because it's mafia, but because it is a super welfare state, and because everyone there earns decent money.

Spot on, Norway isn't expensive for people who actually earn their money here. In fact, we have the highest living standard in the world. The decision to not apply for EU membership came after a referendum, and had nothing to do with mafia whatsoever. I voted no myself and would do the same again.

Off topic a bit.. If it isnt expensive in Norway, why is 90% of all customers in our Swedish goverment owned liqour shops Norwegians on a Friday ? Laughing Laughing

joke aside, you must be the first Norwegian I heard that is not complaining over the prices in Norway compared to Sweden..

Enough ranting.. back on topic...
despair

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:
Oh cool, you are Norwegian? Any tips for Oslo or Bergen?

Possibly for Oslo as I live here, but what kind of tips?

Drsisters wrote:
Off topic a bit.. If it isnt expensive in Norway, why is 90% of all customers in our Swedish goverment owned liqour shops Norwegians on a Friday ? Laughing Laughing

The answer is obvious. Here's another question with an obvious answer: Why do thousands of Swedes come to Oslo to work here, often taking the lower paid jobs?

Quote:
joke aside, you must be the first Norwegian I heard that is not complaining over the prices in Norway compared to Sweden..

Unlike most Norwegians I am aware of how spoiled I am (not that anyone was comparing Norway and Sweden to begin with).
Sita

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I will go to Oslo with my Norwegian friend in July, and she has lived there, but she's been away a few years now. We both like not-so-mainstream music (not Burzum kind of stuff though, I'm afraid Wierded Out) and, you know, just nice places. I don't know what you Norwegians do in the evenings Very Happy
despair

PostPost #20  Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sita wrote:
I don't know what you Norwegians do in the evenings Very Happy

Neither do I Laughing

Oslo is very boring IMO, normally I only go out if there is an interesting concert, or to visit the excellent metal pub Unholy. Oh, and on Sundays there is free pinball at Tilt (which is located in the same building as the concert venue).
cats_n_cheese
Road Kill

PostPost #21  Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
Very tempted by this, having always wanted to visit Scandinavia. Have heard scary stories of the price of eating and drinking out and the like though. Anyone got any idea how much a beer costs in Oslo on average (priorities right!)

It's bloody expensive. I went to Oslo December '10, but prices aside, it's a fantastic place to visit! I'm really tempted by this Sisters gig there!!
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oslo is a fantastic place, indeed. And I am considering to go there again, given the lack of the Sisters visiting Reykjavik. Wink
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #23  Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm enjoying the intra-Scandinavian banter in this thread. *reaches for popcorn* Mr. Green
despair

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
I'm enjoying the intra-Scandinavian banter in this thread. *reaches for popcorn* Mr. Green

You're a couple of weeks too late Razz
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

despair wrote:
markfiend wrote:

You're a couple of weeks too late Razz
Oh. Yeah. I hadn't noticed that. Embarassed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: