Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
2011-11-18 GÖTEBORG
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: 2011-11-18 GÖTEBORG Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.ticnet.se/event/THE-SISTERS-OF-MERCY-biljetter/BRW1118

and i want more ...
Mothra
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tickets booked! Flights booked!

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with picking up tickets from Ticnet, the Swedish branch of Ticketmaster. I've been sent a pin code, but don't know where I can actually collect the tickets from.

And any hotel tips most welcome
euphoria
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with picking up tickets from Ticnet, the Swedish branch of Ticketmaster. I've been sent a pin code, but don't know where I can actually collect the tickets from.

Formule 1 (44 EUR) is surely the cheapest, but not so good located in Göteborg...try the hotel booking sites, as it's a saturday night there should be some good deals available.

Looked into the ticket thing, truly a complete mess if you buy from abroad! Stockholm sell their tickets for home printing, why not Göteborg!?
The only place to pick them up late on saturday seems to be the "Coop Konsum" supermarket on "Avenyn" - it's walking distance from the venue, but still not very convenient of course.

I'll ask if the can offer anything else.
Mothra

PostPost #4  Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
Mothra wrote:

Formule 1 (44 EUR) is surely the cheapest, but not so good located in Göteborg...try the hotel booking sites, as it's a saturday night there should be some good deals available.

Looked into the ticket thing, truly a complete mess if you buy from abroad! Stockholm sell their tickets for home printing, why not Göteborg!?
The only place to pick them up late on saturday seems to be the "Coop Konsum" supermarket on "Avenyn" - it's walking distance from the venue, but still not very convenient of course.

I'll ask if the can offer anything else.
Thanks Euphoria - the gig is on a Friday though (at least I hope it is!). We're arriving on the Thursday, so plenty of time to collect the tickets I hope, but less than ideal - would be good to have them in hand.
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now SOLD OUT according to ticnet.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not yet so here:

http://www.billettservice.no/event/THE-SISTERS-OF-MERCY-billetter/ORF1611

... Wink ...
euphoria

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
Well, not yet so here:

... Wink ...

Except that's a link to the concert in Oslo Wink

Mothra, sorry for not informing you, but I had no good news anyway; the promoter seems to have no influence on ticket selling methods.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Well, not yet so here:

... Wink ...

Except that's a link to the concert in Oslo Wink

Oh yes ... so ...

https://www.ticnet.se/checkout/checkoutLogin.php?legacy=1
euphoria

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:

Oh yes ... so ...

Ok, yes now I see it - but judging by how it was in previous tours in Sweden, this is a sign the online tickets are selling out very soon. It will go back and forth a couple of times the next few days/weeks, but then it will be really sold out.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:
Being645 wrote:

Oh yes ... so ...

Ok, yes now I see it - but judging by how it was in previous tours in Sweden, this is a sign the online tickets are selling out very soon. It will go back and forth a couple of times the next few days/weeks, but then it will be really sold out.

I'd bet so. Been to Göteborg lately and it was obvious,
the people there are very prepared to have a rocking Sisters gig coming ... fertile grounds ... Mr. Green Laughing ...
Nic
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to find a couple of tickets for several weeks now without any results. Sad
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #12  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nic wrote:
I've been trying to find a couple of tickets for several weeks now without any results. Sad

No? I could even have bought some at the tourist information in the city centre a month ago ...

Or maybe you try here again:

http://www.ticnet.se/search.php?convert=1&tm_link=tm_header_search&language=en&keyword=The+Sisters+of+Mercy

Oh! I see: No tickets available. They seem to be sold out? I can't read Swedish but I guess that's what is says ...

found this link... don't know if it's helpful...
http://biljettshop.se/tickets.php#389 (scroll)
Nic
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They are sold out everywhere I'm afraid.
If only I didn't wait for the last minute with everything. Rolling Eyes
Mothra

PostPost #14  Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone able to recommend a good hotel/warn off a bad hotel for this one??

Cheers
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just booked a room for myself and my mate in this:

http://www.goteborgsvandrarhem.se/comers/pages/SiteLanguage.action?lang_cd=en&fb_source=message

never been there but a local guy said it's close to the venue.

PS Göteborg is a special place. maybe people from Stockholm are not agree (and maybe they're right) but for me the city seems like Swedish Leeds - I mean bands like The Leather Nun, Cortex and so one.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was a big fan of Leather Nun too even if they nicked the Sisters' version of Gimme Gimme Gimme whilst Our fearless leader! was in between versions of TSOM. I suppose he got his own back by basing VT era Sisters vaguely on LN's look and sound.
Agree with what you say about Southern Sweden. I remember getting a train from Stockholm to Berlin about twenty years ago and seeing lots of Sisters graffitti amongst the usual illegible "tags" trackside.
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:

Agree with what you say about Southern Sweden. I remember getting a train from Stockholm to Berlin about twenty years ago and seeing lots of Sisters graffitti amongst the usual illegible "tags" trackside.

Funny you mention this. Was also going Stockholm - Berlin twenty years ago and noticed this. Smile
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:

Funny you mention this. Was also going Stockholm - Berlin twenty years ago and noticed this. Smile

I was in carriage B, aisle seat facing backwards, wearing a red carnation and carrying a rolled up copy of Aftonbladet
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #19  Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was in carriage B, aisle seat facing backwards, wearing a red carnation and carrying a rolled up copy of Aftonbladet

Hahah. Sry but don't remember you.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #20  Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, for those of you who might be into Science Fiction literature ...

there is a lovely bookstore in Göteborg with also a large selection of Manga comics ...

Subsidiaries in Malmö and Stockholm exist as well ...

http://www.sfbok.se/div/butiker.asp#goteborg
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #21  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anyone driving from Gothenburg to Stockholm? those trains are bloody expensive Wierded Out
euphoria

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pikkrong wrote:
anyone driving from Gothenburg to Stockholm? those trains are bloody expensive Wierded Out

Buses are around 30 euros, trains are very cheap if you book them early but expensive close to departure date.

Buses:
http://www.swebus.se/SwebusExpress_com/

(probably more bus companies running Gbg-Sthlm)

Cheapest budget hotels are as always Formule 1, don't know if they are fully booked yet. The Stockholm one is on the same metro line as the venue.
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the info! We are not worthy!
my problems seem to be solved.
pikkrong
Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So an extremely early flight tomorrow...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #25  Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: