BARCELONA RAZZMATAZ 1 (26-11-2011)

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Mav787
One life, all I need

I'm not....but many are
Being645
Above the Chemist

panzerfaust wrote:dont tell me youre shorter than 1,5m ffs.
Well, 5.5 ft is actually 1.6764 meters ...
FatTimBob
Road Kill

Mav787 wrote:There is a 5.5ft metal wire barrier at the front.

Not good if you're a little short. :(
Tear the f**ker down and the gig will be legend!
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

The sisters is doing the best show of this year..oh my f**king god
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Enjoy 8)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Being645
Above the Chemist

dtsom wrote:The sisters is doing the best show of this year..oh my f**king god
Image Image Image Image Image
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

It was bloody brilliant! Great crowd (who were mostly dancing not moshing/shoving) good sound and performance. Saturday night in Barcelona is where it's at. Support act were atrocious though, and they've sold out of the L and XL hoodies. Those issues aside, it was a blinder! Setlist? Good things come to those who wait...
;)
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Dr Poo wrote:It was bloody brilliant! Great crowd (who were mostly dancing not moshing/shoving) good sound and performance. Saturday night in Barcelona is where it's at. Support act were atrocious though, and they've sold out of the L and XL hoodies. Those issues aside, it was a blinder! Setlist? Good things come to those who wait...
;)
they had sold out of L and XL hoodies in London too. Popular it would seem.
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dr Poo wrote:It was bloody brilliant! Great crowd (who were mostly dancing not moshing/shoving) good sound and performance. Saturday night in Barcelona is where it's at. Support act were atrocious though, and they've sold out of the L and XL hoodies. Those issues aside, it was a blinder! Setlist? Good things come to those who wait...
;)
Good Things or good things? :eek:
Right On Venom And Revenge
Mav787
One life, all I need

I thought it took a while to get going. Early on it seemed like they were just going through the motions. The second half was much better.

Set list contained no surprises at all other than it seemed at least one song shorter than other gigs this year.

Of the 7 gigs I've been to this year only Glasgow was worse. :(
Tilburg - Brussels
ruffers
Overbomber

Especially as XL is what would usually be an L.

Who was support? Local?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
panzerfaust

Being645 wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:dont tell me youre shorter than 1,5m ffs.
Well, 5.5 ft is actually 1.6764 meters ...
nobody likes a smart-ass, they didnt told you that, did they.

and im pretty sure the person who said its 5.5ft actually measured it precisely FFS!
Being645
Above the Chemist

panzerfaust wrote:nobody likes a smart-ass, they didnt told you that, did they.
I know that nobody likes me, don't worry. And, of course, I do also know what this implies. Thanks, been there, done that. Go figure ...
Last edited by Being645 on 27 Nov 2011, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
panzerfaust

nah, its just that you dont have to be in every thread, you dont have to reply to everyone mentioning his not so positive anymore attitude towards sisters etc...

nobody is here to hate. its just...theres other things in life than sisters and this forum..you surely are a pretty nice girl so why overdo this.

nothing personal from my side. trust me. no offence. sorry i shouldnt have written it.

waiting for the setlist.
Being645
Above the Chemist

panzerfaust wrote:nah, its just that you dont have to be in every thread, you dont have to reply to everyone mentioning his not so positive anymore attitude towards sisters etc...

nobody is here to hate. its just...theres other things in life than sisters and this forum..you surely are a pretty nice girl so why overdo this.

nothing personal from my side. trust me. no offence. sorry i shouldnt have written it.

waiting for the setlist.
bla, bla, bla ... :P
frederik

setlist (with thanks to S.E.):

1.Crash ‘n Burn
2.Ribbons
3.First and Last and Always
4.Train/Detonation Boulevard
5.Alice
6.On the Wire/Teachers/On the Wire
7.No Time to Cry
8.Amphetamine Logic
9.Marian
10.Arms
11.Dominion/Mother Russia
12.Summer (linking to Barack Obama)
13.This Corrosion (“Serve me!)
14.Neverland
15.Flood II
____

16.Something Fast
17.Pipeline
18.More
____

19.Lucretia
20.Vision Thing
21.Temple of Love
sukhoi

frederik wrote:setlist (with thanks to S.E.):

1.Crash ‘n Burn
2.Ribbons
5.Alice
7.No Time to Cry
8.Amphetamine Logic
9.Marian
10.Arms
14.Neverland
15.Flood II
____

16.Something Fast
17.Pipeline
18.More
____

19.Lucretia
20.Vision Thing
21.Temple of Love
Thanx a lotta!

Looks like setlist is getting settled. Well balanced, but on the other hand non-inventive and reminiscent of 2009/2006 tours. But, you cannot have it all...8)
Right On Venom And Revenge
paul
Overbomber

Thanks for the setlist, Frederik!
panzerfaust wrote:nah, its just that you dont have to be in every thread...
One should write whenever one feels like writing, its not your job to decide IMO...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

This setlist... Getting nervous of it. I dont like the overrated train/det blvd, never play nttc at home, even no Marian and Logic. They are live so... So... f**ked up. I prefer the Vision T / floodland / 00s era for live matrial.

sukhoi wrote:
frederik wrote:setlist (with thanks to S.E.):

1.Crash ‘n Burn
2.Ribbons
5.Alice
7.No Time to Cry
8.Amphetamine Logic
9.Marian
10.Arms
14.Neverland
15.Flood II
____

16.Something Fast
17.Pipeline
18.More
____

19.Lucretia
20.Vision Thing
21.Temple of Love
Thanx a lotta!

Looks like setlist is getting settled. Well balanced, but on the other hand non-inventive and reminiscent of 2009/2006 tours. But, you cannot have it all...8)
guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Above the Chemist

frederik wrote:setlist (with thanks to S.E.)
Thanks for the setlist, frederik ... and to S.E. as well ...
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:The sisters is doing the best show of this year..oh my f**king god
it seems that this sentence, that was my feeling during the gig(in which bloody hour I wrote that)is a reason for people laught of me and remember things that happen 3 years ago in a german forum....

this sentence should be as repectable as the one that can have everyone in this forum or whatever forum.
SO EXPECT A MADRID REVIEW FROM OTHER USER.....

ON TOPIC: and yes, after 6 sisters shows so far this year,today will be my seven one, Barcelona was the best for me. I was so excited about the gig that after 50 minutes of the gig started I realished that my recorder was in pause mode , so i decided to leave it and dance and enjoy(reason of laught in other forum,forget to take the pause off)

so great sound, great venue and everything perfect under my point of view.

I doubt that today can improved the Barcelona gig
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Being645
Above the Chemist

dtsom wrote: ... after 6 sisters shows so far this year,today will be my seven one, Barcelona was the best for me. I was so excited about the gig that after 50 minutes of the gig started I realished that my recorder was in pause mode , so i decided to leave it and dance and enjoy ...

so great sound, great venue and everything perfect under my point of view.

I doubt that today can improved the Barcelona gig
:eek: ... oh, what bad luck ... and not only for you ... :wink: ... but hell, I'm sure it was a great gig,

and enjoying and having fun - that's what Sisters gigs are about ... ;D ;D ;D ...
dtsom wrote: SO EXPECT A MADRID REVIEW FROM OTHER USER.....
Ah, don't give up ... Me for one, I hope your yesterday mischief will be rectified today ... so hey, have fun and enjoy Madrid ... ;D ;D ;D ...

It will be a some time before The Sisters come to Spain again ...
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What about Something Fast? Full version or 'faster' as in Lausanne?
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:it seems that this sentence, that was my feeling during the gig(in which bloody hour I wrote that)is a reason for people laught of me and remember things that happen 3 years ago in a german forum....

this sentence should be as repectable as the one that can have everyone in this forum or whatever forum.
SO EXPECT A MADRID REVIEW FROM OTHER USER.....
Hey Diego,

as promised via PM I'd like to say a few words about this in public since I started kidding around a bit over there, so I'd like to try to translate the chain of events for you:

1. "eddi" quoted your comment over there as it was the first reaction
2. I kind of recall your reaction to the madrid 2009 show somehow wich was overwhelming dissapointing, written in capital letters wich equals to "screaming" in the digital word. Well, last but not least you said this would be your last gig and you're not interested in participating to HL anymore wich was - you have to admit - all in all a bit of a childish-appearing overreaction back then.
3. Because of that I was joking and telling eddi NOT to take your first impression too seriously.
4. "eddi" (who didn't knew the background story) asked if you have a kind of a "quick temper"
5. I reallized that I might gave him a wrong expression about you. That's whyI replied that I can't say you have a "guick temper" in genereal but that you're a nice guy - just having this little "attitude" when it comes to emotional impressions sometimes, but not in general. I also explained him why I was joking about this in the first place (madrid 2009 story) and told him that this was basicly nothing serious since you was back on track very fast and didn't loosed interested to the sisters or heartland.

I apologise if I have offended you in any way or things got lost or taken out-of-context in translation (you probably googled that) - that was not my intention since I was really just kidding around a bit (but not without reasons) referring to the 2009 incident and added a smiley to my post to underline a certan "just kidding" statement there.

The other thing is that I can't prevent things like that from happening again since it's no general lawbreak to quote/refer to any stuff that has been written in public. Nontheless we decided to remove this part of the discussion to clear the air on that and show that we take this seriously. You matter to us like every other fan, who's part the fanbase - no matter wich forum. Of course we try to maintain a certain discussion culture over there with users respecting each other, no matter if they agree or disagree about different subjects.

We met twice at gigs IIRC and always had a good chat, also via PM every now and then - I'd like to keep it that way. You're also invited to register at poison-door if you might find something strange in the future - don't hesitate to interrupt a discussion in english if you have the impression that there's someting wrong - no matter if that's really the case or not.

Cheers (and pardon my english)

Jan
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

Mav787 wrote:I thought it took a while to get going. Early on it seemed like they were just going through the motions. The second half was much better.
I thought it started ok but a bit rocky when they got to On the Wire/Teachers, No Time to Cry and Amphetamine Logic. After that it picked up again.