[RESCHEDULED!] 22nd Feb 2012 - Auckland, New Zealand

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

bearskin wrote: I know the gig isn't sold out,
It will be a pity if it isn't. Apparently the September date was almost sold out when the girls pulled the plug.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
bearskin

Chris is in town:
"In Auckland. It's beautiful here. Am slightly disorientated. Off out for lunch. Or is it tea?"
H. Blackrose

bearskin wrote:Chris is in town:
"In Auckland. It's beautiful here. Am slightly disorientated. Off out for lunch. Or is it tea?"
Beautiful? We've had thunderstorms all day. Has he been at the amphetamine logic already?

I wonder if the rest of the band is here, and I am liable to spot Von in a Ponsonby cafe.
bearskin

H. Blackrose wrote: I am liable to spot Von in a Ponsonby cafe.
hahaha. My money on top stalking spot would be Wynyard Quarter, Sunday lunchtime.
Randall Flagg

bearskin wrote:
H. Blackrose wrote: I am liable to spot Von in a Ponsonby cafe.
hahaha. My money on top stalking spot would be Wynyard Quarter, Sunday lunchtime.
Well if he likes fish and chips, he's in the right place for sure! or are you suggesting he'll be checking out yacht/boat sales.....

It's an intriguing area, I was particularly impressed to hear they show movies onto the side of the cement silo in summer!

Flagg.... currently in NZ, no idea where to be honest, but loving it!
bearskin

H. Blackrose wrote:
bearskin wrote: I know the gig isn't sold out,
It will be a pity if it isn't. Apparently the September date was almost sold out when the girls pulled the plug.
Now I am a little concerned that with the System of a Down gig AND the Roger Waters The Wall show in town tonight, that the crowd might a bit small - which will be a real shame, as i think without those two other gigs on, it would be full...

Still, it will make me happy.
H. Blackrose

OMG OMG OMG TODAY

I was cycling past the venue yesterday and there was a big shiny black truck outside. I found myself thinking "Is Dr Avalanche in that truck?!?"

And then I saw a pale 50-something guy with a goatee beard and a baseball cap walking towards the venue. He wasn't wearing shades and I found myself peering to see if I could check if his eyes were a very dull green...
bearskin

H. Blackrose wrote:OMG OMG OMG TODAY

I was cycling past the venue yesterday and there was a big shiny black truck outside. I found myself thinking "Is Dr Avalanche in that truck?!?"

And then I saw a pale 50-something guy with a goatee beard and a baseball cap walking towards the venue. He wasn't wearing shades and I found myself peering to see if I could check if his eyes were a very dull green...
So it wasn't just me who woke up this morning and thought "Fork Me, it's the Sisters TODAY!!!!"

Could've just been one of the crew, but then again, it sounds a bit like Si, the Doctor's Nurse?

BTW, will probably be in Galbraiths later if you want to say hi. May also have a spare ticket if you know anyone you want to drag along for nowt...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wahahah ... :lol: ... have fun, guys!

Only few more hours ... ;D ;D ;D ...

We shall survive here, patiently ... rrrrrrrrr .... until we get the news from you ...

* Hell, I even have to sleep in the meantime ... :eek: ... but I will. Nice and sweet ... 8) ...
paul
Overbomber

Have fun, peoplez!
bearskin

Funny how the countdown on the site has "One day to the next Sisters gig" but IT"S TODAY! I always have to explain this to my folks back in the UK ("No, Mum...in NZ it's tomorrow morning")

I know, I know...I am talking to you from the future!
H. Blackrose

bearskin wrote: Could've just been one of the crew, but then again, it sounds a bit like Si, the Doctor's Nurse?
No, I know what Si looks like - he's large and has a big bushy beard and I'm going to get him to sign my March Violets CD.
BTW, will probably be in Galbraiths later if you want to say hi. May also have a spare ticket if you know anyone you want to drag along for nowt...
OOOOOOH!!! I'll ask the missus.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bearskin wrote:Funny how the countdown on the site has "One day to the next Sisters gig" but IT"S TODAY! I always have to explain this to my folks back in the UK ("No, Mum...in NZ it's tomorrow morning")

I know, I know...I am talking to you from the future!
Whooooh! Spooky ;D

Enjoy the gig folks. Muchos kudos to those from this side of the planet who travelled!! :o
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
bearskin wrote:I know, I know...I am talking to you from the future!
Whooooh! Spooky ;D

Enjoy the gig folks. Muchos kudos to those from this side of the planet who travelled!! :o
Yes, jammy gits! :lol: Hope it's a belter of a gig and ditto for the rest of the down under dates. Only a few hours to go now after a very long wait...
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
faderc
Road Kill

Ive mooched about the forum a bit, but to be honest, Im so f**kn excited I couldnt help but post.

Im sitting in my hotel room, listening to Floodland, drinking red, still wired from a pre flight morning 'cocktail'.

Leaving my tiny hometown someone behind said...

"are you going to a concert?"
"Yeees"
"is it TSOM?"
"Yes!"

So in case people out there arent sure, there are plenty of us who are traveling and basically living for tonight.

I go to gigs all the time, I do sound blah blah blah. This is THE most excited ive been for a show for a long time.

TSOM, thanks. its been real.

xx
faderc
Randall Flagg

bearskin wrote:
H. Blackrose wrote:OMG OMG OMG TODAY

So it wasn't just me who woke up this morning and thought "Fork Me, it's the Sisters TODAY!!!!"

Could've just been one of the crew, but then again, it sounds a bit like Si, the Doctor's Nurse?

Very excited, just landed and will try and get into Galbraiths for a swift one pre gig. So if there are any other Heartlanders out there, say hello, I'll probably be wearing a lot of white and New Order Re Order T shirt.

Flagg
H. Blackrose

Okay, we're about to head out, we're eating at HELL on Symonds St then going to Galbraiths. One of us is wearing a Sisters 2010 T-shirt and another has blue hair, we should be easy to spot.
bearskin

Right, I'm heading out. Stopping for spicy noodles somewhere like Ponsonby Rd Food Court then into Galbraiths. See you then.
Pista
Cureboi

Have a great evening! :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
lachert
Overbomber

it should be started already. 7:10 am here. real strange :eek: :lol:
have phun at the first sisters gig in 2012, boys and girls, and let us know of any surprises :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:it should be started already. 7:10 am here. real strange :eek: :lol:
have phun at the first sisters gig in 2012, boys and girls, and let us know of any surprises :wink:
It's +12 hours from where we are Lachert :wink:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=22

Oh and yeah, have fun!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

waiting to hear news before 11:30 am (CET) :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

From Ben
Ben Christo @BenChristo

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

In Auckland, 37 mins til stagetime. It's incredibly warm - well, warm for a native Bristolian...
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
lachert
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
lachert wrote:it should be started already. 7:10 am here. real strange :eek: :lol:

Oh and yeah, have fun!
currently +13 for me, moved to stockport, cheshire half year ago. living in hat museum now, 5 minute walk from strawberry studios 8) quite fun :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

lachert wrote:
euphoria wrote:

Oh and yeah, have fun!
currently +13 for me, moved to stockport, cheshire half year ago. living in hat museum now, 5 minute walk from strawberry studios 8) quite fun :lol:
You're in Stockport? Bloody hell! That's only up the road from me! I'm in central Manchester :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?