Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
21st July 2012 - Amphi-Festival, Köln
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #201  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.

... Laughing ... if the bass is not too heavy ...

... which he once named as the reason for not playing the guitar in a band.
In fact, he did play bass in a band at a St. Pauli Support Gig, so I see no reason why The Sisters' own basslines should be too difficult ... Wink ...

@MadameButterfly
yeah wearing black, but at one moment during the gig, he explicitly opened that jacket to show he's got our beloved yellow shirt underneath ... Mr. Green Laughing ...

And for the rest of you post: You're incurably lovely ... Kiss Laughing ...
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #202  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.

Laughing

Really though, I guess it would come down to whether he can keep a rhythm while singing. It'd be a weird sight regardless.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #203  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

centurionofprix wrote:
Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:

Laughing

Really though, I guess it would come down to whether he can keep a rhythm while singing. It'd be a weird sight regardless.

Singing the way Our fearless leader! does and playing the bass or any other instrument at the same time is impossible, I think.

Also we would miss him doing the strand then time and again ... which were clearly a loss ... Mr. Green ...
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #204  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MadameButterfly wrote:
if not, i still volunteer my shopping tastes with the man to be something delicious we look at at live gigs.

Laughing Do tell!
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #205  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Venus wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
if not, i still volunteer my shopping tastes with the man to be something delicious we look at at live gigs.

Laughing Do tell!

well there are sales all over Holland at the moment. i'm going into A'dam on tuesday after many years. Von can meet up with me at point A. with my mum so he would have to behave. i'll spend his money by dressing him up like a model. he would have to strip so i could dress & fuss & then purchase a decent outfit that the girls would love to see him in at gigs. for a hour. that's the shopping limit for me. then drinks with a light fishy lunch & coffee shops to try new products until the foreigners can't buy soft drugs anymore, read & explain all dutch post that needs dealing with to end with a dinner & drinks in the evening. i'm set to go! Wink Our fearless leader!
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #206  Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like a model? Nah. Doesn't he already look like a million dollars? Maybe you can get your hands on a nice scarf. Like the orange one with dolphin print but in a variety of colours so he can mix and match. Oh, and some tight leather pants too! It wasn't me... Surprise us. Have fun!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #207  Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Venus wrote:
Oh, and some tight leather pants too! It wasn't me... Surprise us. Have fun!

Yeah, a little more jive where definitely pretty, hach ... Mr. Green ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #208  Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some excellent pics here ( http://www.music2u.de/2012/08/amphi-festival-samstag-21-07-2012/ ) but a very negative review.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #209  Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Some excellent pics here ( http://www.music2u.de/2012/08/amphi-festival-samstag-21-07-2012/ ) but a very negative review.

It is clear, that this person has definitely NOT seen The Sisters' gig !!! Here's a quick translation of her/his phantasies ...
Quote:
All day long there had been a big fuss about the fact that The Sisters of Mercy would honour the festival with their performance. Honestly, I for one could not understand all this hype. Their performance was mediocre. The songs that really rocked were the old classics ŕ la This Corrosion or Temple of Love. And visually? Even in case the Brits should indeed have rocked, due to an excessive use of smoke unlike any other band before, there was only very little one could see, unfortunately. Light effects and atmosphere failed to captivate as everything blurred into a big grey whole. The band, founded in 1980 already, and their front man Andrew Eldritch have long passed the zenith of their career. However, an appropriate name does obviously include even a headlining slot at a festival as such.

... too much fog in bright daylight ... ...

Pretty photos, though. Yes ... Very Happy ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #210  Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa Surprised Laughing

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood Wink
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #211  Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood Wink

Well according to the reviewer, die Stimmung war umwerfend (the atmosphere was amazing) during Eisbrecher's set. I assume that he/she was listening in to your chat rather than observing what was going on on stage, but then again if they thought TC "rocked", they clearly have a rather flimsy grip on reality
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #212  Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:

Well according to the reviewer, die Stimmung war umwerfend (the atmosphere was amazing) during Eisbrecher's set. I assume that he/she was listening in to your chat rather than observing what was going on on stage, but then again if they thought TC "rocked", they clearly have a rather flimsy grip on reality

As I wanted a good spot during the Sisters' set I was standing 5th row during Eisbrecher. Apart from a few fans screaming songs 'die Stimmung war sicher nicht umwerfend'. I think it was rather lame especially compared to the gigs of their obvious example Rammstein.
My Dominion

PostPost #213  Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A little late, but now online:

http://cologne.mydominionnl.com

Enjoy while reading Smile
Waiting until the next time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sita

PostPost #214  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've already seen your great pics on FB!
Actually, I dig the beard. And I laughed so much when I saw that ugly old shirt.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #215  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, My Dominion ... Very Happy ... thanks for posting ... We are not worthy!
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #216  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice pics and so many familiar faces We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #217  Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Compliments once again Bert! We are not worthy!
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #218  Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice Bert. Thanks! Smile
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #219  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bert, your great pix are the strongest argument that another one should come soon!

p
My Dominion

PostPost #220  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for your kind remarks Very Happy

Sita
Being645
Victim of Circumstance
Ozpat
Venus
Sukhoi
We are not worthy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2012 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: