Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
21st July 2012 - Amphi-Festival, Köln
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10514
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #201  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.

... Laughing ... if the bass is not too heavy ...


... which he once named as the reason for not playing the guitar in a band.
In fact, he did play bass in a band at a St. Pauli Support Gig, so I see no reason why The Sisters' own basslines should be too difficult ... Wink ...



@MadameButterfly
yeah wearing black, but at one moment during the gig, he explicitly opened that jacket to show he's got our beloved yellow shirt underneath ... Mr. Green Laughing ...

And for the rest of you post: You're incurably lovely ... Kiss Laughing ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 538
Location: Finland

PostPost #202  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.

... Laughing ... if the bass is not too heavy ...


Laughing

Really though, I guess it would come down to whether he can keep a rhythm while singing. It'd be a weird sight regardless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10514
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #203  Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

centurionofprix wrote:
Being645 wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
Maybe the Lucretia bassline would be simple enough for Eldritch to handle while singing.

... Laughing ... if the bass is not too heavy ...


Laughing

Really though, I guess it would come down to whether he can keep a rhythm while singing. It'd be a weird sight regardless.


Singing the way Our fearless leader! does and playing the bass or any other instrument at the same time is impossible, I think.

Also we would miss him doing the strand then time and again ... which were clearly a loss ... Mr. Green ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Venus
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 113
Location: Mokum

PostPost #204  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MadameButterfly wrote:
if not, i still volunteer my shopping tastes with the man to be something delicious we look at at live gigs.


Laughing Do tell!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 6476
Location: in my own galaxy

PostPost #205  Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Venus wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
if not, i still volunteer my shopping tastes with the man to be something delicious we look at at live gigs.


Laughing Do tell!


well there are sales all over Holland at the moment. i'm going into A'dam on tuesday after many years. Von can meet up with me at point A. with my mum so he would have to behave. i'll spend his money by dressing him up like a model. he would have to strip so i could dress & fuss & then purchase a decent outfit that the girls would love to see him in at gigs. for a hour. that's the shopping limit for me. then drinks with a light fishy lunch & coffee shops to try new products until the foreigners can't buy soft drugs anymore, read & explain all dutch post that needs dealing with to end with a dinner & drinks in the evening. i'm set to go! Wink Our fearless leader!
_________________
von is lazy, there will never be a new album so just get over it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Venus
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 113
Location: Mokum

PostPost #206  Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like a model? Nah. Doesn't he already look like a million dollars? Maybe you can get your hands on a nice scarf. Like the orange one with dolphin print but in a variety of colours so he can mix and match. Oh, and some tight leather pants too! It wasn't me... Surprise us. Have fun!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10514
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #207  Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Venus wrote:
Oh, and some tight leather pants too! It wasn't me... Surprise us. Have fun!


Yeah, a little more jive where definitely pretty, hach ... Mr. Green ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 2378
Location: Scotland

PostPost #208  Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some excellent pics here ( http://www.music2u.de/2012/08/amphi-festival-samstag-21-07-2012/ ) but a very negative review.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10514
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #209  Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Some excellent pics here ( http://www.music2u.de/2012/08/amphi-festival-samstag-21-07-2012/ ) but a very negative review.

It is clear, that this person has definitely NOT seen The Sisters' gig !!! Here's a quick translation of her/his phantasies ...
Quote:
All day long there had been a big fuss about the fact that The Sisters of Mercy would honour the festival with their performance. Honestly, I for one could not understand all this hype. Their performance was mediocre. The songs that really rocked were the old classics ŕ la This Corrosion or Temple of Love. And visually? Even in case the Brits should indeed have rocked, due to an excessive use of smoke unlike any other band before, there was only very little one could see, unfortunately. Light effects and atmosphere failed to captivate as everything blurred into a big grey whole. The band, founded in 1980 already, and their front man Andrew Eldritch have long passed the zenith of their career. However, an appropriate name does obviously include even a headlining slot at a festival as such.


... too much fog in bright daylight ... ...


Pretty photos, though. Yes ... Very Happy ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radiojamaica
Overbomber


Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 4768
Location: Tower of Bass

PostPost #210  Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa Surprised Laughing

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood Wink
_________________
in dub we trust
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 2378
Location: Scotland

PostPost #211  Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:
This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa Surprised Laughing

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood Wink


Well according to the reviewer, die Stimmung war umwerfend (the atmosphere was amazing) during Eisbrecher's set. I assume that he/she was listening in to your chat rather than observing what was going on on stage, but then again if they thought TC "rocked", they clearly have a rather flimsy grip on reality
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ozpat
From the Lowlands


Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Posts: 6759
Location: In the place through which we wander.

PostPost #212  Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
This Corrosion rocked?! Wowsa Surprised Laughing

What was his (her?) impression of Eisbrecher? They were on before the Sisters and I didn't like it one bit. No that's not true, I liked it because I could keep on chatting & drinking with the Sisterhood Wink


Well according to the reviewer, die Stimmung war umwerfend (the atmosphere was amazing) during Eisbrecher's set. I assume that he/she was listening in to your chat rather than observing what was going on on stage, but then again if they thought TC "rocked", they clearly have a rather flimsy grip on reality


As I wanted a good spot during the Sisters' set I was standing 5th row during Eisbrecher. Apart from a few fans screaming songs 'die Stimmung war sicher nicht umwerfend'. I think it was rather lame especially compared to the gigs of their obvious example Rammstein.
_________________
"as we walk on the floodland"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 539
Location: The Netherlands

PostPost #213  Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A little late, but now online:

http://cologne.mydominionnl.com

Enjoy while reading Smile
Waiting until the next time
_________________
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Waiting for London, Brussels, Wiesbaden, Dortmund and Amsterdam Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 894

PostPost #214  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've already seen your great pics on FB!
Actually, I dig the beard. And I laughed so much when I saw that ugly old shirt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10514
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #215  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, My Dominion ... Very Happy ... thanks for posting ... We are not worthy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 06 May 2008
Posts: 1204
Location: Dead but not gone

PostPost #216  Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice pics and so many familiar faces We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
_________________
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ozpat
From the Lowlands


Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Posts: 6759
Location: In the place through which we wander.

PostPost #217  Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Compliments once again Bert! We are not worthy!
_________________
"as we walk on the floodland"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Venus
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 113
Location: Mokum

PostPost #218  Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice Bert. Thanks! Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Prague

PostPost #219  Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bert, your great pix are the strongest argument that another one should come soon!

p
_________________
...they are not departed or gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 539
Location: The Netherlands

PostPost #220  Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for your kind remarks Very Happy

Sita
Being645
Victim of Circumstance
Ozpat
Venus
Sukhoi
We are not worthy!
_________________
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Waiting for London, Brussels, Wiesbaden, Dortmund and Amsterdam Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2012 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group  ·  Heartland supports phpBBHacks.com
Theme and Graphics by Quiff Boy, Tim Blackman and those nice people at ibplanet.com