New Zealand Interview: "Ker-Ching!"

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So now he's back to claiming the throne of "g0th 0verlord" - as long as it pays the bills.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/n ... d=10782452
"... because we're that kind of people."
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

Prescott wrote:So now he's back to claiming the throne of "g0th 0verlord" - as long as it pays the bills.

Very nice!

Also, I'm so glad I don't live with him and his 30 computers. :lol:
I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.
copper
Amphetamine Filth

"It's such easy money being called the 'Godfather of Goth'. Probably worth about £150,000 a year."

abridged
Slight Overbomber

Prescott wrote:So now he's back to claiming the throne of "g0th 0verlord" - as long as it pays the bills.

Sounds reasonable. If people insist on buying your product because they think you're a goth overload even though you've been denying it every twenty minutes for thirty years you might as well take their money. It doesn't make you a goth overlord just rather more wealthy. It's what I'd do. ;D
The Chancer Corporation
centurionofprix

One from 2009 -

"I've got a dictionary with a whole chunk ripped out around the letter G," Eldritch sighs. "I don't like being a poster boy for something I wholeheartedly disagree with - and, frankly, something that we did for one week. We got co-opted into it. It was probably responsible for a great deal of financial independence - and thanks for that, people - but on the other hand it is a bit of an albatross."
Prescott

You're all correct. Nothing really new here, is there? See ya later. :(
"... because we're that kind of people."
copper
Amphetamine Filth

Actually,

Unfortunately if you ask middle-of-the-road type rock listeners what the Sisters sound like, they'll always think of the Steinman singles.

Never heard that one before. It's almost as if he's a bit embarrassed by the big hits off Floodland. Between that and the image, I honestly can't blame the guy if he feels a bit shoehorned.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Why exactly... is that web designer influenced by the design of the Sisters official site? (1998 style)
guns & cars & accidents
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Interesting. Thank you. :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

copper wrote:"It's such easy money being called the 'Godfather of Goth'. Probably worth about £150,000 a year."

If :von: 's less choosy about where the cash comes from, there are other more lucrative ways of making money from your muse :

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/0 ... mmercials/
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Not interested in the least, of course, but AE does make some sense here.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Debaser
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Not interested in the least, of course, but AE does make some sense here.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, you're back - to say you're not interested. Cute :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

itnAklipse wrote:Not interested in the least, of course, but AE does make some sense here.
If not interested and after leaving for (greater?) good; why checking and commenting?! The sun has not yet risen in Suomi now has it?! :twisted:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Yeah, a lack of communication can destroy people. As many a 5-year-old know ... and as many a parents get to know with time ...
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

He still lives in Leeds then I see. Thought he'd p*ssed off somehere else.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Elystan
Amphetamine Filth

copper wrote:"It's such easy money being called the 'Godfather of Goth'. Probably worth about £150,000 a year."

Murphy is the Godfather of Goth, Eldritch is the demon overlord.

Murphy is a twit though and should be stripped of his title for doing things like twilight cameos and condescending to mention the Sisters in interview. There's paying along and there's playing it up. The former has more integrity I feel.
Elystan
Amphetamine Filth

Murphy:

"No, it doesn’t bother me. As long as they’re talking about me, that’s OK. And it’s totally true!"

Eldritch:

"I do complain, but it still funds a very comfortable lifestyle for me,"

Also note the difference in perceived positives: attention vs wealth.
Being645
Above the Chemist

I don't care, I'm not goth, anyway.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Being645 wrote:I don't care, I'm not goth, anyway.
Yer not?! :eek:

:P
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ozpat wrote:
Being645 wrote:I don't care, I'm not goth, anyway.
Yer not?! :eek:

:P
Bad enough ... :lol: ...
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I think this is either a different edited version of it, or maybe a new one?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=10784728
Being645
Above the Chemist

bearskin wrote:I think this is either a different edited version of it, or maybe a new one?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=10784728
This one sounds very much nicer - and way more reasonable ... congrats to NZHerald ... :notworthy: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:He still lives in Leeds then I see. Thought he'd p*ssed off somehere else.
This radio interview being repeated this week http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/progr ... hemusicmix should shed a bit of light on this.

"The Sisters, and frontman Andrew Eldritch, have had a number of maulings from a notoriously fickle UK music press in the 31 years since they debuted in Leeds and he still flinches at the usual description of them as a goth band. Eldritch lives somewhere in Europe, speaks fluent French and German, and is evidently a very community-minded fellow; he was back in Leeds helping his local fencing club host the European Championship when Richard Wain tracked him down."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:This radio interview being repeated this week http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/progr ... hemusicmix should shed a bit of light on this.

"The Sisters, and frontman Andrew Eldritch, have had a number of maulings from a notoriously fickle UK music press in the 31 years since they debuted in Leeds and he still flinches at the usual description of them as a goth band. Eldritch lives somewhere in Europe, speaks fluent French and German, and is evidently a very community-minded fellow; he was back in Leeds helping his local fencing club host the European Championship when Richard Wain tracked him down."
Lovely, on Thursday, the 16th of February ... ;D ;D ;D ...