Auckland

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Arrived here yesterday (I'll be flying up from Wellington for the gig) and saw the NO and Sisters posters side by side en route from the airport - how cool is that 8) .

Any good record shops worth frequenting while I'm here, anything else worth looking at beyond the obvious tourist stuff.

thanks

Flagg
H. Blackrose

Randall Flagg wrote: Any good record shops worth frequenting while I'm here
Aside from the JB Hi-Fi chain stores, which have a good selection, the grandmummy of them all is Real Groovy Records at 432 Queen Street, central city. There's also a pretty good smaller one on Dominion Road, Mt Eden, whose name I forget right now, but it's just south of the supermarket on the western side of the road.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Randall Flagg

H. Blackrose wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote: Any good record shops worth frequenting while I'm here
Aside from the JB Hi-Fi chain stores, which have a good selection, the grandmummy of them all is Real Groovy Records at 432 Queen Street, central city. There's also a pretty good smaller one on Dominion Road, Mt Eden, whose name I forget right now, but it's just south of the supermarket on the western side of the road.
Hi, thanks for that - seen JB's already so will look out for Real Groovy!

Loving the fact its on Dominion Road, presumably intersects with Det Blvd or similar.

Loving NZ so far - had the best ever fish and chips down by the tram quarter :lol:

Flagg

P.S. Mods, feel free to move/merge into the main Auckland post, half asleep when I posted I think.