CorpPunk's 19 April 2003 London, Forum photos

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
hallucienate
Overbomber

I've added a gallery to my Sisters site: www.lak.co.za/sisters

Currently it only contains CorpPunks snaps, but I'll gladly accept other photos if you're lacking the web space :innocent:

Hey, look at me--Hallucienate's made me famous (inside my head, at least)!

Uh, yeah, a little background info, cos I like to tell inessential stories:

I had actually been assigned to do a review of the show for an equally inessential newspaper...

(No, that's not true--I have a friend who's the film critic for said newspaper, and as I've done reviews for them in the past in exchange for free tickets, I begged them to let me do this review, and then begged the promoter for tickets. Thank you Mean Fiddler)

...so I did scads of research beforehand—discovering Heartland and all you lovely people in the process—and I kept reading about people who had brought cameras to gigs only to forget to use them. Idiots, I thought, how could you possibly forget? Determined and defiant, I bought a disposable camera, entered the Forum sans frisking, staked out a prime position in the second row, and when the show started I…

…promptly forgot I had a camera. Too busy pogo-ing and headbanging and hurting other people, but not on purpose.

Not that my inattention really mattered; the fog was so thick a photo would have been entirely wasted, and anyway, I was too busy coughing and rubbing my watering eyes to notice (obviously, the Sisters are prejudiced against contact-lens wearers. Jerks).

But then came 'Susanne' and the smoke faded, marginally. I was so excited by the prospect of a 'new' song which I had actually heard before that I forgot I had a camera. Until my vigilant friend Miranda tapped me on the shoulder and kindly reminded me, that is. I clicked away, even though I was afraid I might get a mic stand to the head for the flashes. Not that it would have done much quantifiable damage. The rest of the show was a whiteout, of course, so no further pix were possible.

Of course said crap newspaper didn’t publish the review—new editor who’ll probably be gone soon; yeah, Katie, I’m talking to you, you illiterate punk—so that was a massive effort wasted. But I have to admit that my only regret is…

…you can’t Photoshop smog. Enjoy, and please excuse the graininess.

Jen
:D
hallucienate
Overbomber

umm, CorpPunk, your sig, umm :oops: :oops:
hallucienate
Overbomber

and if you want your review published along with the pics... you know where to send it. :wink:

hallucienate wrote:umm, CorpPunk, your sig, umm :oops: :oops:
Credit where credit is due... 8) :notworthy:

Unfortunately, I destroyed the review in a fit of, um, stupidity. And irritation. Maybe next time. :wink:

Hey! You linked to my story! Very funny...that would be punishment for the signature, right? :wink:
Big Si
School Bully

Thanks Lads! :notworthy: (err... Jen? Is that a blokes name? :oops: )

Your avatar pic is the best photo in my opinion.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Big Si wrote:Thanks Lads! :notworthy: (err... Jen? Is that a blokes name? :oops: )

i thought corp was a lass?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

CorpPunk took these photos when the smoke cleared during "We Are The Same, Susanne".

(c) 2003 by Jennifer Eiss
;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?

Quiff Boy wrote:
Big Si wrote:Thanks Lads! :notworthy: (err... Jen? Is that a blokes name? :oops: )

Yes, "Jen" is a bloke's name in a land called "My Mother Hates Me and Wants to Make Me Suffer." Short for Jenderless.

Yes, I'm a chick...er...lass.

Yes, the avatar is the best photo in my opinion too, and all are stictly forbidden to use it for an avatar whilst I am. So there.

Funny boys. :roll: :wink: :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thanks, CorpPunk and Hal :notworthy: :notworthy:
pikkrong
Overbomber

By the way, I have "good" ;D :evil: :twisted: experiences with newspapers, too.
I have heard too many times the sentence "this doesn't interest our readers" and still seen all those articles representing very personal problems of the author in the same newspaper :evil:
So I didn't talk to any journalist or editor I know about an article before I went to M'era Luna last year to see Sisters (neither this year before the Berlin show).
But just before going to M'era Luna I took part in a literary event in Finland and among the group of Estonian poets there was also one journalist. After hearing on the 10 hours long train trip all my Sisters-stories I told to one young poet (who went just after returning home to a record shop and bought "Some Girls..." :wink: ) this man asked me to write a review about this festival.
I did it. It was published. Actually only 1/2 of it. So it was a festival review but only about the first day. It finished very abruptly. Fortunately all about Sisters was in - I'm quite sure they wanted to show something weird, exhibit a fan as an exotic animal :twisted:
Big Si
School Bully

CorpPunk wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

Yes, "Jen" is a bloke's name in a land called "My Mother Hates Me and Wants to Make Me Suffer." Short for Jenderless.

Yes, the avatar is the best photo in my opinion too, and all are stictly forbidden to use it for an avatar whilst I am. So there.

At the barrowlands gig - "Scuze me pal, could ye put ma jaikit on tha barrier?" :oops: "Sorry Luv!"

Well it was very dark and dry icy, and she looked like a bloke with long hair! :oops: :lol:

Corppunk that is definitely a blokes name, now if it had been corppunkette..... :wink: :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Big Si wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i thought corp was a lass?

At the barrowlands gig - "Scuze me pal, could ye put ma jaikit on tha barrier?" :oops: "Sorry Luv!"

Well it was very dark and dry icy, and she looked like a bloke with long hair! :oops: :lol:

Corppunk that is definitely a blokes name, now if it had been corppunkette..... :wink: :D
I have short hair...even more confusing!!! :lol: Maybe I'll just wear a "Hello, my name is Girl" tag wherever I go from now on.

I want a jelly baby. :)
Big Si
School Bully

CorpPunk wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

Ooh new avatar! Does this mean I can nick yer old one? :D

(wha's the new wan frae, then hen?)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Big Si wrote:
CorpPunk wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i thought corp was a lass?

Ooh new avatar! Does this mean I can nick yer old one? :D

(wha's the new wan frae, then hen?)
I knew it! AVATAR VULTURE!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Yeah, of course you can use it.

And, um, are you asking what my new avatar is? It's Neil Gaiman's new comic from Marvel, called 1602. Huh, maybe I spoke too soon when I said I wasn't a boy. :eek: :wink: :lol:
Big Si
School Bully

CorpPunk wrote:I knew it! AVATAR VULTURE!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Yeah, of course you can use it.

And, um, are you asking what my new avatar is? It's Neil Gaiman's new comic from Marvel, called 1602. Huh, maybe I spoke too soon when I said I wasn't a boy. :eek: :wink: :lol:
:notworthy:

I'm thinking of using an old pic from Twin Peaks: Fire walk with me, but I'll keep this in mind as backup.

What's the comic about? Looks kinda 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

It's very cool! Just got my copy, first issue out yesterday.

1602 Unveiled--Marvel Heroes In Tights Of A Different Sort
Gaiman's Return To Comics Will Be Well Publicized

June 30, 2003

The subject of Marvel's Friday news conference was 1602, the eight-issue mini-series by Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert. Neil Gaiman was on hand to describe this daring project, set some 400 years ago in a late Elizabethan world in which analogues of the key pre-1968 Marvel characters are deeply involved in the intrigues of the day. Thus Sir Nicholas Fury heads Elizabeth's intelligence service and Dr. Steven Strange is the court physician, while Carlos Javier and a group of "witchbreeds" have fled the Inquisition in Spain and taken refuge in England. In Scotland King James is spouting his own brand of intolerance, and there is the little matter of a secret shipment from the Knights Templar that Fury's top agent, the blind Irish ballad singer Matthew Murdock is trying to recover. Toss in some strange occurrences at England's first American settlement at Roanoke and you gain some idea of the scope of Gaiman's intriguing historical narrative.

Gaiman explained that the concept for 1602 came to him in the aftermath of 9/11. He decided that he didn't want to include airplanes, bombs, guns, or skyscrapers in the project he was preparing for Marvel, when suddenly the idea of superimposing the Marvel Universe on the Elizabethan era came to him. Gaiman, who made excellent use of a number of different historical settings for his Sandman series, is quite expert at this sort of historical comic book fiction. When asked why he chose this particular era, Gaiman replied that the political conditions allowed him to explore the theme of intolerance, and the explorations done during the period permitted him to add some American elements to the story. He failed to mention that the Elizabethan setting also allows the Marvel heroes to dress in tights and remain inconspicuous when walking down the street.
Big Si
School Bully

CorpPunk wrote:It's very cool! Just got my copy, first issue out yesterday.

1602 Unveiled--Marvel Heroes In Tights Of A Different Sort
Gaiman's Return To Comics Will Be Well Publicized

June 30, 2003

The subject of Marvel's Friday news conference was 1602, the eight-issue mini-series by Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert. Neil Gaiman was on hand to describe this daring project, set some 400 years ago in a late Elizabethan world in which analogues of the key pre-1968 Marvel characters are deeply involved in the intrigues of the day. Thus Sir Nicholas Fury heads Elizabeth's intelligence service and Dr. Steven Strange is the court physician, while Carlos Javier and a group of "witchbreeds" have fled the Inquisition in Spain and taken refuge in England. In Scotland King James is spouting his own brand of intolerance, and there is the little matter of a secret shipment from the Knights Templar that Fury's top agent, the blind Irish ballad singer Matthew Murdock is trying to recover. Toss in some strange occurrences at England's first American settlement at Roanoke and you gain some idea of the scope of Gaiman's intriguing historical narrative.

Gaiman explained that the concept for 1602 came to him in the aftermath of 9/11. He decided that he didn't want to include airplanes, bombs, guns, or skyscrapers in the project he was preparing for Marvel, when suddenly the idea of superimposing the Marvel Universe on the Elizabethan era came to him. Gaiman, who made excellent use of a number of different historical settings for his Sandman series, is quite expert at this sort of historical comic book fiction. When asked why he chose this particular era, Gaiman replied that the political conditions allowed him to explore the theme of intolerance, and the explorations done during the period permitted him to add some American elements to the story. He failed to mention that the Elizabethan setting also allows the Marvel heroes to dress in tights and remain inconspicuous when walking down the street.
:eek: 8) :notworthy:

I'll keep an eye out for them. Cheers :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis

Big Si wrote:
:eek: 8) :notworthy:

I'll keep an eye out for them. Cheers :D
And now I'm rubbing my hands together, with a :twisted: look on my face, thinking, "Another convert. Mwahahahahaha."

:D :D :D
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Hey! That looks mint!

I'm a massive Gaiman fan - got everything he's ever done. Will have to add this to the list.

More comics to add to the vault :-(

Gonna have to get a bigger vault...
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"

Jim wrote:Hey! That looks mint!

I'm a massive Gaiman fan - got everything he's ever done. Will have to add this to the list.

More comics to add to the vault :-(

Gonna have to get a bigger vault...
YAY! Another obsessive! :notworthy:

I went to a Gaiman reading/signing last week--he was very cool, and if you ever get the chance, go listen to him read. He's fantastic. I got his new children's book, The Wolves in the Walls, signed for my brother, and my copy of The Wake signed for me. Yum.

Well, I happen to know that the first issue of 1602 is now out in the UK, so go, like, buy it and stuff. I'm waiting till I get home to read it. *shiver* :D
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Just finished American Gods for the second time. Great book.

I still need to complete my Sandman collection. Got the first 4 books so far...
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Books?

Books scmooks. I got da comics.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

You know, I really loved Neverwhere, so I read American Gods immediately, and was really quite disappointed. I mean, it's such a FANTASTIC premise, absolutely brilliant idea for a book, and there are some brilliant moments as the book develops. But it just collapses into chaos, really. It's all over the place by the end, it feels baggy and in need of a good edit. I know, I know, the end of the world is supposed to feel baggy and chaotic, but it isn't handled as well as the similarly apocalyptic ending to Neverwhere, in my opinion. It didn't put me off Gaiman at all, but it did make me wish he'd written one final draft of the second half of the book...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...