Vinyl cuts not available on CD

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I've been trying to compile a list of all the tracks that were released on vinyl but haven't subsequently been released on CD (e.g. the Body & Soul b-sides).

I think I've got a complete list. There are a couple of times where 7" versions (e.g. This Corrosion) were released on promo CDs but not widely distributed, so I've included them.

Is this list correct?

Temple of Love 7"

Body Electric '84
Train
Afterhours

No Time to Cry 7" (is the 12" mix slightly different from the LP mix as well? Do the closing drums have more going on in the 12" mix?)

Giving Ground RSV & AV

This Corrosion 7" & 12"

Dominion 7" & 12"
Untitled (Long Version)

Driven Like the Snow (LP)

Doctor Jeep 7"
Burn (Live)
Amphetamine Logic (Live)

Temple of Love 1992 (7")
robertzombie
Overbomber

I also wonder if the Vision Thing 12" sampler contains different mixes to the album. I can sometimes hear subtle differences (especially in the vocals on Vision Thing) but can never be sure!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Wiki says that Dr Jeep had/has same song on CD and vinyl. I got Dr Jeep CD, i can check that later.
TOL (original and '92) (short) is not available on CD.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IIRC if you really want the 7" versions of the two different ToL's just skip to the next track about halfway through. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
robertzombie
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:Wiki says that Dr Jeep had/has same song on CD and vinyl. I got Dr Jeep CD, i can check that later.
The 1992 7" version is available on a CD promo, according to discogs. But I've included it here because it's (presumably) hard to find.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Long Train?
robertzombie
Overbomber

That's on the Floodland reissue :)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it turned out that i got Dr Jeep CD >>"7<<, so it contains only KOHD (Bremen '85).
Petseri
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:Wiki says that Dr Jeep had/has same song on CD and vinyl. I got Dr Jeep CD, i can check that later.
I think that I have the short versionof ToL92 on a German compilation. I will try to dig it out and check.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:IIRC if you really want the 7" versions of the two different ToL's just skip to the next track about halfway through. ;)
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

Perhaps include the This Corrosion cassette too as it contains different length versions, although I can't remember if they're truly different or just faded earlier.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:IIRC if you really want the 7" versions of the two different ToL's just skip to the next track about halfway through. ;)
Thanks Steve ;)

I give these people comedy gold and what do I get? I ask you!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I take TSOM songs very serious, so I can't laugh about them- jokes are inappropriate here. And TOL is a Gold of Gold, a Cheddar of Cheddar, Royal Baby of Royal Baby- a true fine arse.
czuczu
Overbomber

You can also have a live version of ToL, skip to halfway through and then turn the bass all the way clockwise and the treble all the way anti-clockwise.

This works better with vinyl than cd though - you have the added bonus of playing at 33" ;D
million voices
Slight Overbomber

....you could also have your speakers lying on the floor, facing the floor, to help create that authentic live sound.

Then all you need do is invite round a mate who's taller than you so you can stand behind him and then open the freezer door

Better than being there
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Pista
Cureboi

See Mark?
Look what you started

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

million voices wrote:....you could also have your speakers lying on the floor, facing the floor, to help create that authentic live sound.

Then all you need do is invite round a mate who's taller than you so you can stand behind him and then open the freezer door

Better than being there
And for the bootleg video experience: put the speakers under water and set fire to the room!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

On the homepage re: "Sisters Chat"
This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted.
:innocent:
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

robertzombie wrote:Driven Like the Snow (LP)
I didn't know the LP and CD versions were different (or possibly I did but have forgotten). How different are they?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Petseri
Overbomber

Petseri wrote:
I think that I have the short versionof ToL92 on a German compilation. I will try to dig it out and check.
Excuse the interruption...

4:40 and 4:21 are the track times which I have found on two compilations. One track is annotated with (Single Version). I will be brutally open here: I did not play them so I am entirely not sure if they are the 1992 version or not, but the release dates of the compliations makes me think so. I will try to get back with more details. :oops:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Going back to the original list, it would have made sense for Warners to put the Body and Soul B sides on a "remastered" version of ASCOoB when they were doing the Original Album series back in 2006, removing a couple of the non-(proper) singles (eg VT, DB) from the earlier release so that they'd fit on the disc, as then (apart from the aforementioned alternative extended/curtailed versions) we'd have pretty much everything. Digitally remastered Peel Sessions would also be fantastic, especially for Good Things, Jolene and the (radically different) NTTC.
robertzombie
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
I didn't know the LP and CD versions were different (or possibly I did but have forgotten). How different are they?
The LP version lacks the extended 40 second ambient intro that's on the CD.
JohnR
Road Kill

The Some Boys Wander boot includes what is labeled as "Body and Soul (Special 12" EP Version)." Are there actually different mixes of this song? Does Slight Case of Overbombing include the 7" mix, and this 12" mix is unavailable on CD?
My friends call me Jack.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

robertzombie wrote:
stufarq wrote:
The LP version lacks the extended 40 second ambient intro that's on the CD.
Hadn't even noticed. Thanks.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.