Newsworthy continued: EEEEEEEENINp'ts!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:There are other voices ...

Anyway, Congrats & Thanks to the British House of Common Sense !!! *... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

* I had not dared to even dream of this decision.
Hopefully Obama will take the hint, though I fear he's far too narcissistic for that.

Congress doesn't want this. The American people don't want this. It serves no useful purpose. It's yet another example of how Obama is in over his head, and has been since day one.

Christ - when Vlad Putin is the voice of reason in the world, you know you've got problems.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M

But seriously, what is it with monotheistic religions (especially the Abrahamic ones) and zealotry?
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
iesus
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:

Anyway, Congrats & Thanks to the British House of Common Sense !!! *... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Hopefully Obama will take the hint, though I fear he's far too narcissistic for that.

Congress doesn't want this. The American people don't want this. It serves no useful purpose. It's yet another example of how Obama is in over his head, and has been since day one.

Christ - when Vlad Putin is the voice of reason in the world, you know you've got problems.
Big type troubles indeed. Can someone from US tell how ordinary people feel that obama seems to support those that are accused to make 9/11?
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote:

I'm ever more astonished about the developments today ... IMO, it's a very couragous decision Obama has taken yesterday!

And not only for the case of Syria ... wow ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

We will see where this leads to ... but at least there's a slight bit more hope for America here on my part.
Obviously, interesting times are ahead, anyway... 8) ...
sultan2075 wrote: Christ - when Vlad Putin is the voice of reason in the world, you know you've got problems.
:lol: ... great joke, if things weren't so bad.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Obama wants to do this and he will. and why the he asked Congerss for authorization? it's just a lovely show for ragtag. just take a look on arguments and media reponses (support) - it the same as it was before Iraq: yeah lets do it, bomb them, in the name of humanty, bomb them.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The USA has made a major overseas military intervention on average once every 40 months since 1963. clicky
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

iesus wrote: Big type troubles indeed. Can someone from US tell how ordinary people feel that obama seems to support those that are accused to make 9/11?
Obama's proposed adventure is overwhelmingly unpopular here (even with Democrats), and that is one of the major reasons why. The three major players in the Syrian civil war are the Assad regime, the al-Nusra front (linked closely to al-Qaeda, probably backed by Gulf nations) and Hezbollah, as a proxy for Iran. It's both a civil war and a proxy war in a regional conflict between Iran and the Gulf States. All three of the forces in Syria are hostile to the United States. Americans don't want to see a repeat of Libya, and they don't want to see a repeat of Iraq. They don't even want to see a repeat of Egypt.

Obama simply has no policy in the middle east. He seems to have no idea what to do. That's the charitable explanation. The uncharitable one is that he has set out to empower America's enemies--because, as a practical matter, his administration's actions in regard to Egypt and Libya ended up doing just that.

As for Congress, my fervent hope is that he is going to Congress to give himself cover for backing off this exceedingly stupid course of action. Honestly, I think he should have been impeached over Libya, which was blatantly unconstitutional. George W. Bush looks like the model president compared to this guy - Bush at least went to Congress and the UN, and got 40 or so other nations on-board.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Saudis are probably pressing him for action.
Pista
Cureboi

nowayjose wrote:The Saudis are probably pressing the republicans to press him for action.
FTFY :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

My love for this man grows each day.

He truly is a saint AND he makes the most glorious music. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hear ye hear ye hear ye...

We have a new newsworthy thread cos the previous one reached (exceeded) 1000 posts. The thread title reflects what the Yorkshire Evening Post sellers in Leeds sound like...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dan
Overbomber

Shouldn't it have had "Ticket to Syria" somewhere in the thread title? Missed your chance there! :P
iesus
Overbomber

Dan wrote:Shouldn't it have had "Ticket to Syria" somewhere in the thread title? Missed your chance there! :P
That particular lyric is in my head for a couple of years before all that things began, without a particular reason... Also it is very scary that the whole song is like a prophecy that is word by word fulfilled for the last 12 years in very very low speed :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Isn't it:
I had everything within my reach/ I had money and stuff/ Each and every call/ Too much but never enough/ Tear it up and watch it fall.

so scary true.
Pista
Cureboi

So it's J K Rowling's fault that the UK is a is a hotbed for "witchcraft"
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

Pista wrote:So it's J K Rowling's fault that the UK is a is a hotbed for "witchcraft"
I watched some of the "exorcism" video on that page. That's just creepy. I'd say if anyone's into witchcraft it's those 3 girls.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
Pista wrote:So it's J K Rowling's fault that the UK is a is a hotbed for "witchcraft"
I watched some of the "exorcism" video on that page. That's just creepy. I'd say if anyone's into witchcraft it's those 3 girls.
To quote Mr. W Hicks, "When did we start listening to pre-pubescent white girls?"
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The thread title reflects what the Yorkshire Evening Post sellers in Leeds sound like...
Chap outside the Merrion (I think - on the Headrow?) used to sell the Eenin Pots.
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:
markfiend wrote:The thread title reflects what the Yorkshire Evening Post sellers in Leeds sound like...
Chap outside the Merrion (I think - on the Headrow?) used to sell the Eenin Pots.
Yep. I know the exact fella you mean. By the statue of the chap with the barrel? (outside St John's centre)
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
Yep. I know the exact fella you mean. By the statue of the chap with the barrel? (outside St John's centre)
That's the bunny - the "pots" sounded slightly strangulated?
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:

The topic title was indeed supposed to be that guy but I think you've transcribed it better. ;D

(Edit: I've changed the topic title slightly)
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote::lol:

The topic title was indeed supposed to be that guy but I think you've transcribed it better. ;D

Someone should go down there and record him before this is lost to the nation - he wasn't a young man 20 years ago, I'm sure the intervening time has not been generous. If you record in FLAC you could sample it later - perhaps you know a Dodgy Goff Band From The 80s who needs new material for the long-awaited new album...
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:
markfiend wrote::lol:

Someone should go down there and record him before this is lost to the nation - he wasn't a young man 20 years ago, I'm sure the intervening time has not been generous. If you record in FLAC you could sample it later - perhaps you know a Dodgy Goff Band From The 80s who needs new material for the long-awaited new album...
TBH I'm not sure he's there any more.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Drunken revellers in Lincolnshire end a night on the town by A) Urinating in a shop doorway B) Starting a fight at a kebab shop....or C) Repairing a bike rack
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity