Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
05.07.2014 Sonisphere UK
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pat
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: 05.07.2014 Sonisphere UK Reply with quote Back to top

Knebworth,who's going then ?
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am!!!

Indeed it is! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151945781081267&set=a.191277641266.129031.49362431266&type=1&theater
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cant believe it. I'll be in Kansas city for work then:( again my luck
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I'm going as I was already planning to go.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://twitter.com/ChrisCatalyst/status/425687289873068032

That's the way.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our fearless leader! must realise how low the band's stock has fallen when they're mentioned several paragraphs below Chas'n'Dave in the Sonisphere press release !
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And how much we will be expected to fork out for a 45 -50 minute set ?
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NickW wrote:

Plenty, depending on how you want to sleep ... SurprisedSurprisedSurprised ... Laughing ...
http://sonisphere.co.uk/hotel-packages/
http://sonisphere.co.uk/rock-royalty-vip/ - don't miss to scroll for the pictures of the pretty tents... Twisted Evil Laughing ...

Anyway, high time I update the SistersWiki but I can't do so before later on today.

However, overseas customers should definitely check this page:
http://sonisphere.co.uk/overseas-customers/
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Our fearless leader! must realise how low the band's stock has fallen when they're mentioned several paragraphs below Chas'n'Dave in the Sonisphere press release !

Grim thought but then, hey it is Chas n Dave.

Maybe they'll get Ossie out for a Tottenham medley. (Chas n Dave - not the sisters.

Although...)
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow announcement for a Dropkick Merphys concert Very Happy
Where is Knebworth in the map Confused Smile
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
NickW wrote:

Plenty, depending on how you want to sleep ... SurprisedSurprisedSurprised ... Laughing ...
http://sonisphere.co.uk/hotel-packages/
http://sonisphere.co.uk/rock-royalty-vip/ - don't miss to scroll for the pictures of the pretty tents... Twisted Evil Laughing ...

Anyway, high time I update the SistersWiki but I can't do so before later on today.

However, overseas customers should definitely check this page:
http://sonisphere.co.uk/overseas-customers/

Thx!! We are not worthy! I'm looking at the sites and I can't find de option to buy daily tickets. Rolling Eyes
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that Chas'n'Dave are horrible. i regret that i check it.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:

Laughing there are some stones better left unturned ! Apparently they went down well at Rebellion last year. After Lisa Cuthbert at the last festival appearance, perhaps Our fearless leader! will ask them to do This Corrosion (Cockney Knees Up Mix) whilst he nips offstage for a crafty fag. Or perhaps TSOM will do a cover version of "Gertcha" - Our fearless leader! has the accent for it after all ...
road_kill
Road Kill

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
There ain't no pleasing you Laughing
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bet TSOM end up playing to a hardcore of a couple of thousand fans (plus a few hundred curious but ultimately disappointed onlookers) in some distant tent at Sonisphere, when they could have played to ten times that many at Alt-Fest.
LyanvisAberrant
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #16  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I bet TSOM end up playing to a hardcore of a couple of thousand fans (plus a few hundred curious but ultimately disappointed onlookers) in some distant tent at Sonisphere, when they could have played to ten times that many at Alt-Fest.

I have never read a statement so true.
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 am    Post subject: Coming from California, seriously considering it Reply with quote Back to top

I think I can make it on frequent flier miles.

Do I have time to hang out and (re)establish friendships with everyone who is going? Been offline since 2008...

Any ideas where to stay nearby?
Mav787
One life, all I need

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LyanvisAberrant wrote:

Seconded.

If they'd turned down Alt-Fest's offer because they didn't want to play a UK festival then fair enough, but to accept to play Sonisphere instead is just perverse.

Imagine how many people would be at Alt-Fest who may have stopped going to Sisters gigs but would then have the chance to get into the band again. I can't see many Iron Maiden fans checking out the Sisters.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #19  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mav787 wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:

Seconded.

If they'd turned down Alt-Fest's offer because they didn't want to play a UK festival then fair enough, but to accept to play Sonisphere instead is just perverse.

Imagine how many people would be at Alt-Fest who may have stopped going to Sisters gigs but would then have the chance to get into the band again. I can't see many Iron Maiden fans checking out the Sisters.

Thirded. They actually turned Alt-Fest Down because they won't play the same event as the Nephs.
TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #20  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You never know what's inside Our fearless leader! ' head, but one can be tell: they played there before, so they know, more or less, what to expect. And lets not forget that AE wears Fear Factory tee and talks about Deftones. and TSOM "are not goth".
Mav787
One life, all I need

PostPost #21  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What Our fearless leader! thinks they are has no bearing on who actually likes them. Metal fans are not going to get into a band with no human drummer or bass player.

I wonder if he's worried that if they are in close proximity to other bands from the '80s scene, people might find it easy to draw unfavourable comparisons.
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
They actually turned Alt-Fest Down because they won't play the same event as the Nephs.

Then explain Mera Luna 2000!
oldgoodies
Road Kill

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

official site beach update now ....
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.uberrock.co.uk/interviews/58-july-interviews/2829-uber-rock-at-sonisphere-2011-the-sisters-of-mercy-interview-exclusive.html
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And with this new twitter thing, they will never update the official site live section again, believe me. And never any news about their twitter account in the news section. It's how it works and you know it. Thank God for the Heartland forum! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: