18.05.2014 Vienna Gasometer

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

It seems I was the one to get the third setlist. ;D After the gig I succeeded in meeting Von. We had a chat, he signed some stuff. He was in a good mood he was smiling and he also enjoyed the gig. There was a pic taken with me. He was cute as he didn't have the shades on but he quickly put them on before the photos were taken. :oops: When I said we enjoyed the gig very much he answered it meant a lot to them. He was nice and modest. He was smiling all the time...

here is the ticket and the setlist signed by him

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh lovely, Joy ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ... Thank you for the pictures and the lovely review (and all the wonderful vids!!!) ... :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: ...

Judging by your vids, this gig was even better than Linz ... ;D :lol: ;D ...
Dr Jeep / Detonation Boulevard, yeah ... :lol: ...
Joy

Being645 wrote:Oh lovely, Joy ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ... Thank you for the pictures and the lovely review (and all the wonderful vids!!!) ... :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: ...

Judging by your vids, this gig was even better than Linz ... ;D :lol: ;D ...
Dr Jeep / Detonation Boulevard, yeah ... :lol: ...
You're very welcome!! Yes..Vienna was definitely better than Linz (though that was also a great gig). :)
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:lol, the setlist is getting shorter with every gig haha
actually, by number of songs played, it's the same.
One instrumental song and 21 with vocals played the first gig. 22 in total.
One instrumental song and 20 with vocals played the second gig. 21 in total.
Two instrumental songs and 19 with vocals played the third gig. 20 in total.
Two instrumental songs and 19 with vocals played the forth gig. 20 in total.
Two instrumental songs and 19 with vocals played the fifth gig. 20 in total.

Don´t know about the length in time but I don't think any gig is more than 80 minutes this time, if even that. Maybe as little than just under the hour before the encores.
Joy

And here is a pic with the nurse and the Doktor as much as you can see. ;D

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

playboy wrote:
Bartek wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:lol, the setlist is getting shorter with every gig haha
actually, by number of songs played, it's the same.
One instrumental song and 21 with vocals played the first gig. 22 in total.
One instrumental song and 20 with vocals played the second gig. 21 in total.
Two instrumental songs and 19 with vocals played the third gig. 20 in total.
Two instrumental songs and 19 with vocals played the forth gig. 20 in total.
Two instrumental songs and 19 with vocals played the fifth gig. 20 in total.

Don´t know about the length in time but I don't think any gig is more than 80 minutes this time, if even that. Maybe as little than just under the hour before the encores.
i didn't check previous gigs, before Kraków, you got me there. I think that if they played Rain from Heaven, then AE would had even longer break for his vox and/or fag, than if there's Miserlou on setlist (yeah Miserlou, because i like Snub Nose much more).
Joy

I forgot to mention that Von never smoked during the whole gig!!! :von: I was surprised but I liked it.
Salome

:lol: then Joy, now I know who you are, it was a funny scene us both begging for a setlist like 2 little girls :wink:
Wow, you got to meet Von? Really? ? Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have listened to the boys who wanted to leave early :evil: but oh well, at least I said hello to Ben and got my little present from him.
And I also noticed that Von wasn't smoking, but I thought that maybe I was imagining :lol: could it be that he finally took his health seriously and that's also why he looks so well and happy?
Joy

Salome wrote::lol: then Joy, now I know who you are, it was a funny scene us both begging for a setlist like 2 little girls :wink:
Wow, you got to meet Von? Really? ? Damn it, I knew I shouldn't have listened to the boys who wanted to leave early :evil: but oh well, at least I said hello to Ben and got my little present from him.
And I also noticed that Von wasn't smoking, but I thought that maybe I was imagining :lol: could it be that he finally took his health seriously and that's also why he looks so well and happy?

:lol:
I know who you are then. The security guy was really rude! Trying to push me away though the guy on the stage was just handing over the setlist. One of my friends is familiar with Gasometer and she gave me the info where the artist usually leave. We had to wait less than an hour. They were in the middle of packing... And suddenly Von appeard in the door. With a cap on his had and no shades.. I went up to him and we started chatting and I asked him whether he could sign my stuff and if it was possible to take a pohoto with him. He was really kind and nice... In real life he looks much better and younger than on the stage pics..
Last edited by Joy on 19 May 2014, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
Salome

Yeah, I know where the back door to the tour busses is, I was talking to Chris there last time. But there's no way I could have dragged the boys there :lol:
Next time I should go with a fellow girl fan like you :wink:
Joy

Salome wrote:Yeah, I know where the back door to the tour busses is, I was talking to Chris there last time. But there's no way I could have dragged the boys there :lol:
Next time I should go with a fellow girl fan like you :wink:
Okay, agreed! ;D
aims
Overbomber

Joy wrote:And here is a pic with the nurse and the Doktor as much as you can see. ;D
Crikey, you'd need a Doktor's salary to afford that many MacBooks :lol:
Husek

Nice to hear the old chrous riff of Dr.Jeep back to it
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
mh
Above the Chemist

:eek:

That was awesome! Best I've ever heard it, I reckon. :D 8) :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that sounds cripsy, i must admit, and vox level is not that bad.
playboy

Bartek wrote:that sounds cripsy, i must admit, and vox level is not that bad.
Try play it to someone who has never heard the song before and ask what they think about it...
centurionofprix

playboy wrote:
Bartek wrote:that sounds cripsy, i must admit, and vox level is not that bad.
Try play it to someone who has never heard the song before and ask what they think about it...
I've done it; they thought it rocked.

(not youtube bootlegs, however nice, but the actual thing. I also dragged a friend with no particular interest in the band to Budapest and she preferred the gigs to the records. For what one person's subjective impression is worth, ie. precisely the same as everyone else's.)
abridged
Slight Overbomber

In the end it is just individual experience and we can argue all day about who has the better taste. It's all subjective. I didn't think the Wembley gigs back in the day were great for instance. Most people probably thought they were brilliant. Each to his/her own. The common thread seems to be that you can still have a damn fine time. I did then. I still do.
The Chancer Corporation
Joy

mandrake

Joy wrote:It seems I was the one to get the third setlist. ;D After the gig I succeeded in meeting Von. We had a chat, he signed some stuff. He was in a good mood he was smiling and he also enjoyed the gig.
Good to hear he is human after all, happy you met the man! :)
mh
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote:In the end it is just individual experience and we can argue all day about who has the better taste. It's all subjective. I didn't think the Wembley gigs back in the day were great for instance. Most people probably thought they were brilliant. Each to his/her own. The common thread seems to be that you can still have a damn fine time. I did then. I still do.
:notworthy: again! :notworthy:

For me the Pearson years were the ultimate low point. A grim, joyless band who if you so much as looked at them sideways would treat you to an interminable screed about US foreign policy. Let's just say that it got dull.

Others can say what they want about technical proficiency or performance quality, but the positive energy coming from the band these days (particularly since 2010) is what keeps me coming back.
Last edited by mh on 19 May 2014, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Salome

First photo on my Tumblr -
http://shlomit-migay.tumblr.com/post/86 ... ienna-2014

There are lots more, as soon as I'll have time to work on them I'll upload a proper album for you guys :)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

mh wrote:
abridged wrote:In the end it is just individual experience and we can argue all day about who has the better taste. It's all subjective. I didn't think the Wembley gigs back in the day were great for instance. Most people probably thought they were brilliant. Each to his/her own. The common thread seems to be that you can still have a damn fine time. I did then. I still do.
:notworthy: again! :notworthy:

For me the Pearson years where the ultimate low point. A grim, joyless band who if you so much as looked at them sideways would treat you to an interminable screed about US foreign policy. Let's just say that it got dull.

Others can say what they want about technical proficiency or performance quality, but the positive energy coming from the band these days (particularly since 2010) is what keeps me coming back.
I agree completely with every word of that, mh.

I actually think the quality of the performance (taking in all factors, from a nice fat sound that you could still hear the twiddly bits in, to guitarists jumping around the stage just like Mr Marx used to) seemed to improve noticeably from 2010/2011 onwards - I particularly noticed the improvement at the Roundhouse gig in London in late 2011.

I never really liked the 90s/early 2000s "thin" guitar sound (pre- Catalyst & Christo) - it never felt like it filled the aural space, if you know what I mean. But I'm sure that's just a matter of personal taste.