Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
12.05.2014 Berlin Columbiahalle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bahamas
Road Kill

PostPost #126  Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you that are interested. I thought I would give a brief update. SOM have a warm up band called loser. Not as bad as the dancing girl in PVC dressed as a nurse in Leeds but performed the task. AE appeared on stage around 9:00 and opened with more. The highlights included Chris kicking over the mic during ribbons due to the fog. In general terms the songs have been shortened and most have redone to get through a couple more. For example dropped include flood, we are same suzanne, summer and Berlin. No new cover was played other than red lorry yellow lorry. Both kiss the carpet and valentine were played and is worth the money alone. Congrats to the blonde goth dancing on the shoulders who looked great. The lowlights included the meth head who tried to ruin to gig by fighting in the front with AE loosing his rag at him. Arms was great and gets better every time I hear it. Ben has a new hair do and looks like an extra in grease. There was a noticeable difference between the sound when AE was "singing" and not. Draw your own conclusions. I really enjoyed this one and hope it holds out for the rest of this tour. I have seen them at thus venue once before. The upstairs this time was closed. However there was a decent turnout of middle aged goths to match AE goatee. If this holds out some of you will enjoy this tour.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #127  Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bahamas wrote:
Chris kicking over the mic during ribbons due to the fog

Laughing Priceless!

Thanx for the review, Bahamas We are not worthy!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #128  Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like an honest review of man aware of how TSOM can sound. Thanks Bahamas

Last edited by Bartek on Wed May 14, 2014 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #129  Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
sounds like an honest review of man aware of who TSOM can sound/be. Thanks Bahamas

Seconded, and fits in with the local press reviews. The Berliner Morgenpost (linked in an earlier post) under the heading "perfect but uninspired" complained of "poorly controlled vocals" and guitarists who are "savvy rock poseurs... who can't reproduce the cool sound of old".
B.Z. Berlin's reviewer was surprised to spot people in polo shirts amongst the usual goth suspects in the audience, but complained of the sound, "song after song blurs into industrial bluster".
Berliner Zeitung also complained about the sound being too quiet for much of the first hour, but again generally enjoyed the show.
Finally, the tip.Berlin website has a great pic of Our fearless leader! sporting the new goatee.
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #130  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weebles! Laughing We are not worthy!
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #131  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guitars seem a little low, but this sounds great. You can freakishly hear almost every word Von sings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXHodKgEx7E
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #132  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Misirlou was written in 1920's
Here is an old recording from 1927 in New York Kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6qGy3RtwY
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #133  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

damagedone wrote:
yeyyy,how is his voice?

just heard Kiss The Carpet.... rubbish voice, far too low as always, and sometimes he just donīt sing at all... as always...... (or, not always, but for the past ten years or something.....)
Two hours soundcheck? I don't think so....
laperouse
11 Imaginary Boys

PostPost #134  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't see any Valentine video at YouTube so far... :-(
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #135  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

playboy wrote:
just heard Kiss The Carpet.... rubbish voice, far too low as always, and sometimes he just donīt sing at all... as always...... (or, not always, but for the past ten years or something.....)

You mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ja0uVikmhE

Agree with you... I don't have a ticket for a Belgian show, and I'm glad for that... still the same sounds, still the same one-stroke guitar, the same mumbling with delays over it... nothing special... :/

And "Kiss The Carpet" has to be one of my favorite songs. Hurts me to hear it in this dull, clinical rendition.

Such a pity, I say they need a bass player or a keyboardist on stage. Not as much for the added sound, but for the added live value.

IZ.

Last edited by Izzy HaveMercy on Wed May 14, 2014 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #136  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Such a pity, I say they need a bass player or a keyboardist on stage. Not as much for the added sound, but for the added live value.

IZ.

...I guess Von must have lost my number Laughing
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #137  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
[quote="playboy"just heard Kiss The Carpet.... rubbish voice, far too low as always, and sometimes he just donīt sing at all... as always...... (or, not always, but for the past ten years or something.....)

You mean this one?

Agree with you... I don't have a ticket for a Belgian show, and I'm glad for that... still the same sounds, still the same one-stroke guitar, the same mumbling with delays over it... nothing special... :/

And "Kiss The Carpet" has to be one of my favorite songs. Hurts me to hear it in this dull, clinical rendition.

IZ.[/quote]

Same here. I've seen them way too much. Waited 8 years for ANY change. I was hopeful some years ago - saw some great gigs - but even the messages on this forum keep on going on repeat. My Sisters party is definitely over. Sorry to say, folks.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #138  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.

...I guess Von must have lost my number Laughing

I was hoping for something in this vein.. It wasn't me...

IZ.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #139  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Eldritch sounds really good in that video of "More".

Nice choice of song for the occasion.
playboy

PostPost #140  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
[quote="playboy"just heard Kiss The Carpet.... rubbish voice, far too low as always, and sometimes he just donīt sing at all... as always...... (or, not always, but for the past ten years or something.....)

You mean this one?

IZ.[/quote]

Yes, that was the recording I heard. I don't have ticket either. First tour since 1985 I am not going. There is no point for paying to be disappointed, I have done that too many times now, every time thinking 'maybe THIS tour will be blast'. Have not enjoying them fully since 1993. Every show I saw up till then was a blast. Of the many, many, may ones after that noone can be called 'a blast'. A few good shows, but even that was a long time ago. Last time I thought they were good was one of the shows 13 years ago.

I also love Kiss The Carpet and it hurts me to hearing this halfhearted dull version.
At least now I know that it was a good choice not seeing them again.
Will always love The Sisters Of Mercy when they were a working band. When they developed and sounded fresh and up date. They have sounded the same a decade now, playing the same songs and versions a decade now, and nostalgia is not enough for me.
playboy

PostPost #141  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

centurionofprix wrote:

He does I must admit, even thoug the version seems to short, and not hard enough. Sounding good a song or two in a whole show is not enough though.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #142  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy, easy, relax, don't be so over-demanding.

and welcome to dark side Twisted Evil
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #143  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jparton wrote:
Sounds / looks like a standard sisters gig - slow, crap sound and so quiet you can talk louder than the band.

http://youtu.be/sWFbGP8bRVk
Who's the tit singing (Ahem!) "Someday, someday... America"? Surprised
euphoria

PostPost #144  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
jparton wrote:
Sounds / looks like a standard sisters gig - slow, crap sound and so quiet you can talk louder than the band.

http://youtu.be/sWFbGP8bRVk
Who's the tit singing (Ahem!) "Someday, someday... America"? Surprised

Probably the same one who started brawling "We will we will rock you" when Valentine started Wierded Out
jparton
Road Kill

PostPost #145  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

playboy wrote:

At least now I know that it was a good choice not seeing them again.
Will always love The Sisters Of Mercy when they were a working band. When they developed and sounded fresh and up date. They have sounded the same a decade now, playing the same songs and versions a decade now, and nostalgia is not enough for me.

Nostalgia has its place - I've been to see the old goff bands a lot over the past 5 years. The difference between The Neff, Mish, Skeletal Family, Salvation, March Violets, etc is they are bands that can still put on a show and kick ass.

Von's brand of nostalgia is just collecting money off a bunch of mug punters. Seriously I enjoyed The Sisters of Murphy more than this hollow shell of its former self.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #146  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jparton wrote:
Von's brand of nostalgia is just collecting money off a bunch of mug punters. Seriously I enjoyed The Sisters of Murphy more than this hollow shell of its former self.
Are you me or Bart? Laughing
centurionofprix

PostPost #147  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

playboy wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:

He does I must admit, even thoug the version seems to short, and not hard enough. Sounding good a song or two in a whole show is not enough though.

Yes; sometimes the overall sound ends up a bit limp in order to accommodate his quiet vocals, and the video seems like it was one of these occasions. Perhaps they will sound stronger further into the tour. They certainly did when I last saw them in 2011.

Who is doing the sound this time?
vicus

PostPost #148  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a few pictures:
http://www.poison-door.net/phpbb3/gallery/album.php?album_id=70

http://www.poison-door.net/
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #149  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thankee Smile
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #150  Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

vicus wrote:
a few pictures:
http://www.poison-door.net/phpbb3/gallery/album.php?album_id=70

Nice! May I kidnap the marquee one to the SistersWiki? ... Mr. Green ...

Btw, it was a wonderful night out ... with all those Heartland and Poison Door people underway and on the ground ... Mr. Green We are not worthy! ... no aftershow party, but we clearly enjoyed ... Mr. Green ...
Greetings to everybody, I hope you had great fun in Dresden or returned home in joy at least* ... Very Happy ... *sigh

Oh, and the flight there and fro ... my favourite colour is all the shades of colours in the clouds - from snow white to steel grey and painted in a fabric one cannot even touch ... Mr. Green ...

A propos, Losers. I like them. Life has become hard stuff in the Western world with the seeds of former decades developing ever further blossom. And I feel their sound is reflecting this, though I still prefer Rebel, Rebel to what I (probably wrongly) perceived to be called Chelsea Night, an impressing track, nonetheless. Like most of the five or six songs they performed. There was only one track on the backgrounds of which my own phantasies couldn't but walk elsewhere for a long way.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: