Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
17.05.2014 Prague Archa Theatre
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: 17.05.2014 Prague Archa Theatre Reply with quote Back to top

Just felt it is up to me to open this folder Cool

And here is the link to the venue...
http://www.archatheatre.cz/en/
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh I would love to do this!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, me too ... I'll see what I can possibly make ... Smile ...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never been to Prague, so there's an excellent chance to change that Very Happy

My Facebook/My Flickr
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only bad thing about this is it's the dead of f**king summer.

Anyone been to the Archa Theatre? How's the sound?
panzerfaust

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Archa is a good sounding venue, unfortunately the last time sisters played here it was mind-wreckingly silent. you know, the volume..bla bla bla same old story.

also last time it costed round 40euro, which aint much of a teaser.

also you cant smoke on the dancefloor, you can in the foyer tho.
sukhoi

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly. Archa Theatre is a decent place, last time it was disaster, but because of... But still too decent to THE blast, but maybe. Unofficialy, tickets should be around 32 EUR. Refreshment before and after, at my friend's bar. Maybe or not. You're welcomed!

panzerfaust wrote:
Archa is a good sounding venue, unfortunately the last time sisters played here it was mind-wreckingly silent. you know, the volume..bla bla bla same old story.

also last time it costed round 40euro, which aint much of a teaser.

also you cant smoke on the dancefloor, you can in the foyer tho.

mailia
Road Kill

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody,
I am a newbie here and although I listen to The Sister of Mercy over 20 years, I have never been to any of their concerts (shame on me!). So I have a few silly questions. When should I come to get the first row. I am very small so this is my only chance to see something. And when the concerts usually end? Important information because of my train connection.
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mailia wrote:
Hello everybody,
I am a newbie here and although I listen to The Sister of Mercy over 20 years, I have never been to any of their concerts (shame on me!). So I have a few silly questions. When should I come to get the first row. I am very small so this is my only chance to see something. And when the concerts usually end? Important information because of my train connection.

Hey new person. How are you?
Glad to have you here.

I'm sure some of the more experienced Mainland gig goers can answer first question but I would assume head straight there when the doors open.
As for when it ends; I guess that depends on venue.
mailia
Road Kill

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And btw. I noticed today that the event has been finally added and the tickets are available: http://www.archatheatre.cz/en/performance/the-sisters-of-mercy/?date=2014-05-17
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahoy mailia Kiss
If you want to see band (and sometimes be able to hear music) front rows are for you. thare's not much moshpit during TSOM gig, but it depends on crowd temper, condition of band and few other factors (i'm sure that you know that, if you were on any other gigs). but generally i cannot imagine some edgy, harsh mosh pit during TSOM gig. but if you want to see smoke/light effect being on back rows is for you. Wink
mailia
Road Kill

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
Ahoy mailia Kiss
If you want to see band (and sometimes be able to hear music) front rows are for you. thare's not much moshpit during TSOM gig, but it depends on crowd temper, condition of band and few other factors (i'm sure that you know that, if you were on any other gigs). but generally i cannot imagine some edgy, harsh mosh pit during TSOM gig. but if you want to see smoke/light effect being on back rows is for you. Wink

So you say that the sound is not good in the front rows... so maybe the front row on the balcony would be better. But how to get it.. (worried).
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

a contrary, TSOM sound issue are well known, but folks that attend more regulary and, what's more important, more recently can say more. and to complicate it even more- sound also depends on who's gonna be sound guy on this upcominig tour.
psichonaut
Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been at one gig, spent a part at the bar, a part in front row abd a part moshing
Sooo fuuuunnnnyyyyyy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sukhoi

PostPost #15  Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it looks like there will be an interview with Our fearless leader! in one local newspaper before the show again, probably sometime within next week, as I was told. Here I got a teaser for you, about what songs we can await:

"We will be doing some old songs, some new songs and we have plans for some covers which you won’t be expecting at all."

Stay tuned Wink
Tomas
Road Kill

PostPost #16  Posted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

See you in Prague with new songs Very Happy
sukhoi

PostPost #17  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Top Nite Out in the middle of the set again...
Joy

PostPost #18  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'v found this article but unfortunately I don't speak this language. Can anyone summarise what is in it?

http://www.novinky.cz/kultura/336186-sisters-of-mercy-dluzime-vam-dobry-koncert.html
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #19  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just got news/update from Rafał: same setlist are yesterday, Snub nose, Dominion skipped.
Husek

PostPost #20  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joy wrote:
I'v found this article but unfortunately I don't speak this language. Can anyone summarise what is in it?

http://www.novinky.cz/kultura/336186-sisters-of-mercy-dluzime-vam-dobry-koncert.html

It's a Interview with Von ( i'll summarize, not translate)

Q1 - in early days 3 albums, nowadays zero, why?
'Cause record label sucks, also, we have new song and our fans share them through web, so we save tons of money and time on studio.

Q2 - A lot of musicians has gone from the band, and only you and Doktor Avalanche survived from the original formation, you think these are changes for a better band?
Yes.

Q3 - Do you think Sisters is GothRock?
No, we are Rock and Roll from North-England and we like ramones and motorhead.

Q4 - We will listen to anything new on prague?
Maybe

I'm not a great czech speaker, i don't know many words and the few i know i learned from my grandfather ( Yes, Husek it's a Czech name, yes, it's my last name, and i don't have a clue why my grandpa came to Brazil).
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop

Last edited by Husek on Sat May 17, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joy

PostPost #21  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Husek wrote:
Joy wrote:

'Cause record label sucks, also, we have new song and our fans share them through web, so we save tons of money and time on studio.

Q2 - A lot of musicians has gone from the band, and only you and Doktor Avalanche survived from the original formation, you think these are changes for a better band?
Yes.

Maybe

I'm not a great czech speaker, i don't know may words and the few i know i learned from my grandfather ( Yes, Husek it's a Czech name, yes, it's my last name, and i don't have a clue why my grandpa came to Brazil).

Thank you!!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #22  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joy wrote:
Husek wrote:
Joy wrote:

Yes.

Maybe

I'm not a great czech speaker, i don't know may words and the few i know i learned from my grandfather ( Yes, Husek it's a Czech name, yes, it's my last name, and i don't have a clue why my grandpa came to Brazil).

Thank you!!

+1! Nice and great effort!
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Copied from Fb:

Ben Christo
1 hr ·

Excellent gig in Prague tonight, lots of fun. Gasometer, Vienna tomorrow!

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Re : interview
Our fearless leader! is saying that he owes the Czechs a good concert because the sound was terrible last time. (As many of you will have recognised, the "dobry" in the headline is "good" as in the greeting "dobry den")

There must be quite a few cities on his sonic IOU list !!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #25  Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First video

Temple of Love - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JOM3C_-_Ts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: