25.05.2014 Amsterdam Melkweg

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Being645
Above the Chemist

This version sound clearly better to me than the modified recent one ... FALAA gotta be FALAA !!! ... :wink: ;D ...

Hah, and even more with this wonderful singing ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Really awesome to hear the good old FALAA back, but i like it better the 2005 version.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that's not taped, if it was the it would sound much more better when it comes to execute, IMHO.
Sita

why would it be taped?
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:Much of it sounded taped though
More 'liberal' BS - you people really have not even a pretense of integrity do you? Funny how someone tries this every few years.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

itnAklipse wrote:
More 'liberal' BS - you people really have not even a pretense of integrity do you? Funny how someone tries this every few years.
i know the universe abhors a vacuum, but why so desperate to fill the hole left by another?
are you going to start saying "Get Bent!" as well? :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
mh
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
itnAklipse wrote:
i know the universe abhors a vacuum, but why so desperate to fill the hole left by another?
are you going to start saying "Get Bent!" as well? :roll:
Thank you Lee.

My own thoughts were limited to: "well that got weird pretty quick" and "how in blue Jesus did someone get from what I said to THAT?" I'm just not mentally equipped to deal with that kind of jump...
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

Sita wrote:why would it be taped?
Partially because the sound, tone, etc was different to the live guitar, but mostly because you could see that Ben & Chris weren't playing during the intro.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

They seemed to be playing in the video, what little I could make out?

Re: the change in guitar tone, that's easy enough. I haven't seen them since last time they were in The States, but their guitar rigs on that tour (Engl Powerball amps + Line 6 floor units for effects) would make any change of guitar sounds, no matter how dramatic, very easy to accomplish with the press of a single button on the floor. That sounds like what's happening there- someone, presumably Ben? going from a clean sound with chorus and delay to a distorted lead tone. No big deal at all.

Why you'd put that on a backing track, I don't know, but stranger things have happened, I suppose. Though it's a simple enough part, and he's playing the exact same thing once everything kicks in. Sounds like a basic two-guitar arrangement to me.

There's no precedent that I know of for The Sisters to have guitars on a backing track- why would they? Those and the vocals are the only things that are live, and none of the parts are exactly difficult, especially for a band with two metalheads for guitarists.

Also- someone, presumably Ben, again, as I remember him doing most of the lead work- switches guitar sounds multiple times during the song. No conspiracy here, just effect pedals and changing channels on the amp, I'm afraid.
Left at the dead badger.
Sita

I see! Thanks mh and Llamatron. I was really just asking, no offense or trying to pick an argument intended.
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
Joy

Llamatron wrote:They seemed to be playing in the video, what little I could make out?

Re: the change in guitar tone, that's easy enough. I haven't seen them since last time they were in The States, but their guitar rigs on that tour (Engl Powerball amps + Line 6 floor units for effects) would make any change of guitar sounds, no matter how dramatic, very easy to accomplish with the press of a single button on the floor. That sounds like what's happening there- someone, presumably Ben? going from a clean sound with chorus and delay to a distorted lead tone. No big deal at all.

Why you'd put that on a backing track, I don't know, but stranger things have happened, I suppose. Though it's a simple enough part, and he's playing the exact same thing once everything kicks in. Sounds like a basic two-guitar arrangement to me.

There's no precedent that I know of for The Sisters to have guitars on a backing track- why would they? Those and the vocals are the only things that are live, and none of the parts are exactly difficult, especially for a band with two metalheads for guitarists.

Also- someone, presumably Ben, again, as I remember him doing most of the lead work- switches guitar sounds multiple times during the song. No conspiracy here, just effect pedals and changing channels on the amp, I'm afraid.
I absolutely agree!
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
robm
Amphetamine Filth

That FALAA sounds excellent.
paul
Overbomber

Liked the show, even better than Brussels IMO!

Indeed the original FALAA-guitar riff, really made the song more appealing. No backing track on this one, 100% live!

And nice to see even more people I hadn't seen in a long while! Cheers!
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Fab-u-lous show, thoroughly enjoyed it!!! :D

It was lovely to see so many familiar faces again.
Pista
Cureboi

Chris posted a photo of him apparently "in flight" from the show

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paul
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Chris posted a photo of him apparently "in flight" from the show

Wow, Chris at Warp Speed!
Joy

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
centurionofprix

I loved the arrangement of the intro to FALAA the way they did it previously, how the arpeggio thing would flower into the classic riff.

Still, this is nice too.
If vampires played music, it would sound like this
Sita

I agree to centurionofprix. I like all of their "new" intros - it's Ben, isn't it?
But of course, variety is fine, too :)
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
Pista
Cureboi

This show just went up on Dime
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
paul
Overbomber

Venus
Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice review!
The writer is a fan. I've read his first books and there were quite a few Sisters references in there too.
in dub we trust
The Mentalist
Road Kill

As per Chris Catalyst's tweet at the time. Good gig. Good crowd. Good vibes. And it's nice to see Von looking so happy and so animated, relatively speaking.
:D
I lurk therefore I am
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

:D