Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
08.07.2014 Belfast Mandela Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VonII
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 18 Dec 2010
Posts: 113
Location: Belgiumland

PostPost #76  Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bangles wrote:
Live, I think Ben n Chris version of the Sisters get better every year. Now, they seem to 'own' the songs more and keep adding more of themselves and the band is the better for it. The sets are more varied, they mine the back catalogue with a bit more intelligence and hit the stage with a lot more enthusiasm than most...


I concur. They seem to have really grown into their role. I remember an article from 2009 where Chris told about a suggestion he made when he first joined about getting in a live drummer. Laughing

Seeing them in 2010 compared to the gig in May in Brussels, they have really improved in "being a Sisters member", even though they were already 4-5 years in the band already, they continued to grow in what I would describe as a pretty "static" band environment. And the bass guitar Ben pulled out in 2010 would be really appreciated in 2014 as well. Mr. Green
_________________
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jparton
Road Kill


Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 76

PostPost #77  Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like a say I'm not saying one is right or wrong. I also still keep paying money to see them (although not regularly) so I do keep going back to pay my due to the chap that wrote the soundtrack to my teenage years, out of some sense of obligation.

About the point expecting them to be the same 30 years on - I agree, but I can tell you that FON / Mish still blow me away with the power and musicianship they deliver. You can't say that about Von, or you really do see things through dry ice tinted glasses.

Oh and I meant to add - to hear there are people still discovering The Sisters despite them never releasing anything is impressive. Good work Von II, hunting down bands that offer a tad more than the crap served up in the charts. Now that skill hasn't changed in the past 30 years! We are not worthy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 538
Location: Finland

PostPost #78  Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jparton wrote:
About the point expecting them to be the same 30 years on - I agree, but I can tell you that FON / Mish still blow me away with the power and musicianship they deliver. You can't say that about Von, or you really do see things through dry ice tinted glasses.


I disagree on this count. The Sisters gigs to which I've been in the last few years have been some of the finest I've seen by any band, including their vague contemporaries like Peter Murphy and Killing Joke, for what that's worth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 10 Oct 2013
Posts: 635

PostPost #79  Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://thethinair.net/2014/07/sisters-of-mercy-mandela-hall-belfast/
_________________
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 10 Oct 2013
Posts: 635

PostPost #80  Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice pics...

http://www.giggingni.com/2014/07/photos-sisters-of-mercy-mandela-hall-belfast/
_________________
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Prague

PostPost #81  Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally sorted things a little, so few vids...

Kiss The Carpet
http://youtu.be/m0F2tYeQPwg

This Corrosion (with full enjoyment, you know who you are...)
http://youtu.be/Rgcmfv-SJKo

Rain From Heaven
http://youtu.be/OlZ1XWDcros

Enjoy!
p.
_________________
...they are not departed or gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10688
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #82  Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sukhoi wrote:
Finally sorted things a little, so few vids...

Kiss The Carpet
http://youtu.be/m0F2tYeQPwg

This Corrosion (with full enjoyment, you know who you are...)
http://youtu.be/Rgcmfv-SJKo

Rain From Heaven
http://youtu.be/OlZ1XWDcros

Enjoy!
p.


Rain From Heaven is just suberb !!! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...

But why are the other two so shoort ... (full enjoyment is lovely though ... Laughing ...)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 07 Jul 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Prague

PostPost #83  Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
sukhoi wrote:
Finally sorted things a little, so few vids...

Kiss The Carpet
http://youtu.be/m0F2tYeQPwg

This Corrosion (with full enjoyment, you know who you are...)
http://youtu.be/Rgcmfv-SJKo

Rain From Heaven
http://youtu.be/OlZ1XWDcros

Enjoy!
p.


Rain From Heaven is just suberb !!! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...

But why are the other two so shoort ... (full enjoyment is lovely though ... Laughing ...)


It is always a hard choice how to divide one's attention between watching, enjoying, mosh-pits and taking pictures & vids... Cool Few pieces from Glasgow afterwards...
_________________
...they are not departed or gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 10 Oct 2013
Posts: 635

PostPost #84  Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sukhoi wrote:
Being645 wrote:
sukhoi wrote:
Finally sorted things a little, so few vids...

Kiss The Carpet
http://youtu.be/m0F2tYeQPwg

This Corrosion (with full enjoyment, you know who you are...)
http://youtu.be/Rgcmfv-SJKo

Rain From Heaven
http://youtu.be/OlZ1XWDcros

Enjoy!
p.


Rain From Heaven is just suberb !!! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...

But why are the other two so shoort ... (full enjoyment is lovely though ... Laughing ...)


It is always a hard choice how to divide one's attention between watching, enjoying, mosh-pits and taking pictures & vids... Cool Few pieces from Glasgow afterwards...


Yes, thats true. More wasn't recorded in Vienna because I made the decision to scream and jump. During all the other songs I had to stay very quiet and stand still and hold my hands calm. Subsequently I say it was worth it..even if my hands were totally numb. Mr. Green
_________________
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 538
Location: Finland

PostPost #85  Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a very positive review. http://duklapragueawaykit.com/2014/07/31/live-review-sisters-of-mercy-belfasts-mandela-hall-july-2014-andrew-eldritch-vindicated/

I wonder if anyone recorded the whole show?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker


Joined: 11 Jul 2002
Posts: 4345

PostPost #86  Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

centurionofprix wrote:
Here is a very positive review. http://duklapragueawaykit.com/2014/07/31/live-review-sisters-of-mercy-belfasts-mandela-hall-july-2014-andrew-eldritch-vindicated/

I wonder if anyone recorded the whole show?


which, the secret show in 1995 Laughing
_________________
Goths are people too..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
markfiend
goriller of form 3b


Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 19577
Location: st custards

PostPost #87  Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

centurionofprix wrote:
Here is a very positive review. http://duklapragueawaykit.com/2014/07/31/live-review-sisters-of-mercy-belfasts-mandela-hall-july-2014-andrew-eldritch-vindicated/

I wonder if anyone recorded the whole show?

The author of that review emailed it to the board. It's a good one I think.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 10688
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #88  Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

centurionofprix wrote:
Here is a very positive review. http://duklapragueawaykit.com/2014/07/31/live-review-sisters-of-mercy-belfasts-mandela-hall-july-2014-andrew-eldritch-vindicated/

I wonder if anyone recorded the whole show?


Nice ... Mr. Green ... thanks for the link ... We are not worthy! ...

Seems quite likely to me that anyone has indeed recorded the show ... no sign of it yet, though ... Sad ...

But hell, I haven't done the full page in the SistersWiki either ... so maybe a little more patience (or hope) ... Wink ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 25 Jun 2010
Posts: 538
Location: Finland

PostPost #89  Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some footage, apparently the person recorded the entire gig. Anyone wanna bootleg this bootleg for the rest of us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBMM3zP6N20

Holy f**k his voice
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group  ·  Heartland supports phpBBHacks.com
Theme and Graphics by Quiff Boy, Tim Blackman and those nice people at ibplanet.com