Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
09.07.14 Dublin Vicar Street.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: 09.07.14 Dublin Vicar Street. Reply with quote Back to top

Smile
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.vicarstreet.ie/component/eventlist/?el_mcal_month=7&el_mcal_year=2014 ... Mr. Green ...

... not yet listed, but hell ... Mr. Green ...
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Woo and indeed hoo.

Looking forward to this enormously!
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh how I would love to do this one...but I don't see the chance of my Kansas trip to be cancelled:( man I really love the idea of Dublin
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004C52E78554A7[url]

not on sale yet, but will be at link above..

Looking forward to this, will most likely do Belfast too.

Mr. Green
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be doing Dublin Smile I had considered Belfast but couldn't get my head around the travel :S
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deadly buzz. Smile

I'm in for this and Belfast for sure.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aha, this bus should do it, right? Very Happy http://www.eurolines.co.uk/
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
Aha, this bus should do it, right? Very Happy http://www.eurolines.co.uk/

Ah Translink NI run really regularly to Dublin from Belfast and the venue isn't that far from the bus station. Smile http://www.translink.co.uk/ I'll be getting the same bus! Smile
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea! Got tickets!
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #11  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me too! Very Happy
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And me! Very Happy
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dare I go see The Sisters again in Dublin?
Last time the 'don't move or you'll get a fist in yer face' attitude didn't exactly do it for me.

As a city, Dublin was fun though. Even found that bloody Spike & all Mr. Green
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #14  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:
Last time the 'don't move or you'll get a fist in yer face' attitude didn't exactly do it for me.

Come on, it's in a different venue. Hopefully no wristband nonsense. Some of us are doing Belfast and Dublin.

Matt..
bangles

PostPost #15  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drenchrom wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:

Come on, it's in a different venue. Hopefully no wristband nonsense. Some of us are doing Belfast and Dublin.

Matt..

vicar street is basically standing with seats on the lower level mean you can ramble as you please. There's also an upstairs balcony but never seen anyone getting their tix checked once inside so can't imagine same hassels ever occur. Bars are easy to get to as is smoking area outside main entrance. I'd say it'll be a great venue for the fog and light show!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #16  Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was there for Adam Ant. Great venue no problem with moshing well relaxed not far from TB.

Will be getting a train over bus tho
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #17  Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in for Dublin! Anyone stuck for travel logistics, give me a shout- I do Belfast/Dublin on the bus regularly and its cheap even to pay on the day.
Vicar street is a top venue and I've never had any of the cr_p attitude some people complained about at the Olympia last time there.

We had so much fun after the last Sisters show in Dublin, though remain mortified to this day at singing to Ben on the way across the bridge and insisting that we should lift and carry him because we were from 'The mighty north'. Jaysus.
godgirl
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:
I'm in for Dublin! Anyone stuck for travel logistics, give me a shout- I do Belfast/Dublin on the bus regularly and its cheap even to pay on the day.

What a bout the train? -

I have a sort of sudden fear of 100s of people tryin' to cram onto the same bus last minute and be bein' the one left on the pavement bawlin'....

I gather it's about €10 but can't be booked too early in advance - seems like the nicer leg stretch option for a few Euro more - if not, I'm still in much need of advance booking anything as I absolutely hate uncertainty!

Embarassed

Marge xxx

<just need to find a hotel for Dublin now....>
Mav787
One life, all I need

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm doing the train. Looks cheap enough to me.

Looks like you can book from a month before.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably doing the bus from Derry. 4 hours. But worth it hopefully! There's regular buses from Belfast but the train is good also. Very Happy
bangles

PostPost #21  Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Train only takes just over 2 hours which is grand. If you book in advance (usually within 2 days or so) you can get tickets for about a tenner...

The last time I was up there, I noticed Belfast had some very good second hand record shops and as it's the first time following the Sisters, I'll be able to drop stuff off at home, it might be nice to do a bit of shopping!
Memnarch
Road Kill

PostPost #22  Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bangles wrote:

The last time I was up there, I noticed Belfast had some very good second hand record shops and as it's the first time following the Sisters, I'll be able to drop stuff off at home, it might be nice to do a bit of shopping!

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. There's only really one now worth looking in called Dragon. The rest have closed down. Well there is Good vibrations, but unless battered Bread Lp's are your thing, and entitled, clueless owners...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #23  Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally booked me hotel for Dublin. Very Happy Looking forward to seeing everyone in Dublin and Belfast for a purple Guinness! Very Happy
Mercy123
Road Kill

PostPost #24  Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to this one. Anyone else making the trip from Yorkshire?
Pre and post gig - Whats the Thomas House like? I know Fibbers but not heard of Thomas House before.
bangles

PostPost #25  Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great pub with a kinda rockabilly/ rocker vibe and a stone's throw from vicar st...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: