Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
09.07.14 Dublin Vicar Street.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercy123
Road Kill

PostPost #26  Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bangles wrote:
great pub with a kinda rockabilly/ rocker vibe and a stone's throw from vicar st...

Cheers for that! I'll take a look while im staying in Dublin. Im there three nights so if there is anywhere else that anyone recommends for a pint that I might not have been to before let us know
I know Fibbers and The Foggy Dew quite well already but any other recommendations would be appreciated
Thanks
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #27  Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pre and post party...

https://www.facebook.com/events/1450039361901187/?notif_t=plan_user_invited[url][/url]
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #28  Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mercy123 wrote:
bangles wrote:
great pub with a kinda rockabilly/ rocker vibe and a stone's throw from vicar st...

Cheers for that! I'll take a look while im staying in Dublin. Im there three nights so if there is anywhere else that anyone recommends for a pint that I might not have been to before let us know
I know Fibbers and The Foggy Dew quite well already but any other recommendations would be appreciated
Thanks

Needless to say there's loads and with my drinking in town days long behind me, off the top of my head, here's a few that might be worth putting your nose inside...
with a rock vibe there's Gypsy Rose on the Quays, Bruxells off Grafton Street - note: proper boozer McDaids directly across the road. Gingerman on Fenian Street. Check out Whelans & the Working Mans club for gigs, you might catch someone half decent playing while your over - apart from the sisters obviously.
Then on the mighty northside, Gin Palace, Twisted Pepper both around mid Abbey Street, The Black Sheep on Capel st if you like craft beers, there also was/is a Fibbers on Ormond Quay & Parnell St...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #29  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the brazen head (oldest pub in dublin?) so much i bought a tee shirt, and it's about 5 mins away from the venue
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

PostPost #30  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shall be there Cool
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #31  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You coming to Belfast too, Tim?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

PostPost #32  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just the Republic I'm afraid!

Do we know stage times and or support bands yet?
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #33  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HARD NIGHT TO FOLLOW.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #34  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@tsomofficial wrote:
The Sisters Of Mercy are at Vicar Street in Dublin tonight. We're onstage at 2100. See you there.

https://twitter.com/tsomofficial/status/486825567510351872
the cake is a lie
mickydazzler
Road Kill

PostPost #35  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've a spare ticket for Vicar St tonight - if anyone wants/needs one, they are welcome to it.
Mercy123
Road Kill

PostPost #36  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Bangles. Thomas house seemed a cool bar. Also done Fibbers on Parnell street n the brazen head. Enjoyed all the bars I've tried. Looking fwd to the gig tonite. Didn't realise vicar street had bands. Been there for comedy before.
So Sisters at 9. Any support ?
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #37  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like pre drinks at the Thomas House. No support if last night is anything to go by.
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #38  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
Looks like pre drinks at the Thomas House. No support if last night is anything to go by.

Yeah we'll be there beforehand.
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #39  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:

Yeah we'll be there beforehand.
mickydazzler
Road Kill

PostPost #40  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone in the T House wants that free ticket, I'm the bald(ed) middle-aged man in a black leather jacket and a Sisters t-shirt
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #41  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mickydazzler wrote:
If anyone in the T House wants that free ticket, I'm the bald(ed) middle-aged man in a black leather jacket and a Sisters t-shirt

That description would normally rule out only about 30% of those attending a TSOM gig !
mickydazzler
Road Kill

PostPost #42  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
mickydazzler wrote:

That description would normally rule out only about 30% of those attending a TSOM gig !

Only 30%?
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #43  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess that no news is good news but It would be nice to hear something, anything, anybody?
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #44  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps there was a delay of some reason Smile
logical we ll hear news soon
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #45  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good gig. Not as good as Belfast. A bit quiet at first but soon picked up. Eldritch not as shouty as last night. Same set as Belfast.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #46  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahl enjoyed it. Sisters in good form. Preferred Belfast but had a great couple of nights. The Sisters are still great! Smile
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #47  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought it was better than Belfast but part of that might be because it was a hometown show.

Our Tim has managed to acquire Von's drink and is, apparently, slightly worse for the wear as a result. We are not worthy!
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
I thought it was better than Belfast but part of that might be because it was a hometown show.

Our Tim has managed to acquire Von's drink and is, apparently, slightly worse for the wear as a result. We are not worthy!

Great to see yourself again sir. And to meet every one again. Loved both gigs. See you all next time! Smile
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #49  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty good show last night - not as good as Belfast, but still really enjoyable.

The venue was pretty rammed, which is great as it means that between Belfast and Dublin, the odds are they'll be back. As always, obscene quantities of dry ice -- the fire alarms went off three times -- and the same set list as Belfast.

I'm not sure if it was just where I was sitting but the volume level of Von's mic seemed a lot lower than in Belfast. But I was in the second row at the front there, and sitting on the balcony at the back this time, so it might be to do with the acoustics of the room.

One thing for sure that's different from previous times I've seen them is that the overall volume was loud - I left with my ears ringing, which is just as it should be from a Sisters gig.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #50  Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters were great, probably not as good as Belfast but better than Glasgow, but a small proportion of the crowd where I was near the front, were just awful... Overreacting to the slightest push and elbowing back in response (never mind that the person they're hitting was pushed by the crowd in the first place...) I totally understand that some people might not want to be in a mosh pit but, if that was me, I wouldn't stand where it's mostly likely to occur - the same way i wouldn't standing in the middle of a road and complaining that there's cars. And as for those people who seem to think that the people behind should act as a buffer for their protection??? Unreal.
Still seething that these people went out of their way to disrupt people's enjoyment. Particularly after moving away from one of these *****, they moved along up alongside again and continued the same behaviour.
I don't mind people caught up in the moment and losing it at the Sisters, and I don't mind people whos stand there and do nothing - each to their own. But these ***** seemed to go out of their way to spoil it for others - to the point were one clown was roaring abuse at people climbing up on shoulders... Never mind that this was a sisters gig but it was happening about 5 rows behind him!!! That mentality is just totally lost on me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: