Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
07.07.2014 Glasgow ABC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: 07.07.2014 Glasgow ABC Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.htm
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i thought that this was created for this gig.
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mind yer own business. It wasn't me...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kiss

To be honest I thought the thread Andrew created was an all encompassing UK dates kinda thing.
I was just being a completist. Mr. Green
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #6  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

or pedant Wink Kiss
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #7  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
or pedant Wink Kiss

Surprised How dare you!

Laughing
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tickets bookable via here : http://www.o2abcglasgow.co.uk/event/64295/the-sisters-of-mercy-tickets/Details from Friday of this week.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Booked my hotel,stopped here last time.

http://www.principal-hayley.com/locations/scotland/grand-central-hotel/

we fall to rise
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ribbons69 wrote:

That's my favourite hotel ever. Very reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining! Rooms with odd numbers have a view of the streets below (and lots of neds fighting and swearing). Even numbers, on the other hand, have a view of the glass roof of Central Station. And if you want a room INSIDE the station, go for the 1st floor. Rooms 116 and 118 have an unobstructed view of the station concourse and departures board. I stayed there the night before visiting my sister in London and had the unique experience of seeing my train sitting in platform 2 from my room just before checking out Very Happy
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea to have concerts on the same day (Glasgow - 2011). No need to buy new diary every year Cool
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #12  Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew, I allas knew you were a bit strange but that's just fuckin' weird Dude! Laughing
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I checked for flights, but everything way to expensive...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:

That's my favourite hotel ever. Very reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining! Rooms with odd numbers have a view of the streets below (and lots of neds fighting and swearing). Even numbers, on the other hand, have a view of the glass roof of Central Station. And if you want a room INSIDE the station, go for the 1st floor. Rooms 116 and 118 have an unobstructed view of the station concourse and departures board. I stayed there the night before visiting my sister in London and had the unique experience of seeing my train sitting in platform 2 from my room just before checking out Very Happy

I stayed there on your recommendation last time my good man,and I wasn't disappointed,the staircase is worth a visit alone.

we fall to rise
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who knows, I might summon enough enthusiasm to turn up for this.
Stranger things have happened...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone needs a ticket for this, PM me. I'm 15 minutes walk from the box office. And to echo my hotels post from 2011 (the Central Hotel price still stands - I just checked:-).

Check out laterooms.com or booking.com for cheap ones on Renfrew Street, such as McLays, Alba Lodge, Hampton Court, Charing Cross Guest House etc. For something nicer but still quite cheap and nearby, there's the Newton Hotel or Adelaides on Bath Street. Also lots of chain hotels in the area - Ibis, Novotel, Premier Inn, Best Western, Travelodge and Citizen M.
Cheapest options (besides my floor, which has very limited capacity) there are a couple of hostels on Berkeley Street, 5 or 10 minutes walk from the ABC.
Blue Sky Hostel
Globetrotters Hostel (just across from Blue Sky but no website in evidence)
Or slightly further away, Glasgow Youth Hostel

For sheer luxury and splendour reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining, the Grand Central Hotel is right inside Central Station and has double or twin rooms for £89.10 inc full buffet breakfast. Besides the luxurious surroundings and fancy champagne bar, there's the added bonus of some of its rooms overlooking the station concourse Smile Get in there!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

last time the hotel and pub before and after were better than the gig Andrew We are not worthy!
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #18  Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tickets and flights booked! So thats Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin sorted. Roll on the Summer!
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Oooh yes! Reply with quote Back to top

We are in for Glasgow!

Last time I fell on my face in front of everyone and drank unidentified (what Xris likes to call 'stinky p*ss water) thrown from the stage. The two incidents may be related.

I plan to have more dignity this time. Not much more, mind. Rolling Eyes
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #20  Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I had the cash I might, but unless I can sell one of your kidneys....

Sad
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #21  Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its looking fairly pricey from here, but I like Glasgow and its the start of the Summer holidays so need to let off some steam. Hooray.
Depprocksfarfar
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://twitpic.com/e14qcr Cool
DerekR
Doobie Brother

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh yes! Reply with quote Back to top

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:
We are in for Glasgow!

Last time I fell on my face in front of everyone and drank unidentified (what Xris likes to call 'stinky p*ss water) thrown from the stage.

Aye but you still weren't tempted by Colin's battered black pudding from the chippy (or was it Scott's?)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

weebleswobble wrote:
If I had the cash I might, but unless I can sell one of your kidneys....

Sad

Weebles, there's floor space ot mine, if it takes the sting out the cost.

Andrew
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #25  Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooh yes! Reply with quote Back to top

DerekR wrote:
Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:
We are in for Glasgow!

Last time I fell on my face in front of everyone and drank unidentified (what Xris likes to call 'stinky p*ss water) thrown from the stage.

Aye but you still weren't tempted by Colin's battered black pudding from the chippy (or was it Scott's?)

Not guilty ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: