Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
07.07.2014 Glasgow ABC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #51  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun people! If you gonna meet James, please, pass my regards. We are not worthy!
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #52  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Andrew S"]Incidentally, for anyone coming from Glasgow Airport and staying at a hotel near the venue.... quote]

Thanks a million from the info but just to confirm, is that info for Glasgow International? I went down the Prestwick route...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #53  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bangles wrote:

Thanks a million from the info but just to confirm, is that info for Glasgow International? I went down the Prestwick route...

Yes it is International - not Prestwick. From Prestwick, you can get the train from the airport to Glasgow Central and as an air passenger, you qualify for a 50% discount on the fare, so hang onto your boarding card. More details here: http://www.glasgowprestwick.com/to-and-from-prestwick/train-connections/discounted-rail-travel.html

There's also a bus service (X77) from Prestwick to Glasgow every 1/2 hour. The stop is on the A79 road next to the airport and it takes around 50 minutes to get to Buchanan Street. Personally I prefer the train - it's a relatively cheap service (especially with the discount) and the station is conveniently connected to the airport.

Last edited by Andrew S on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #54  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work, Andrew We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #55  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:

Are you coming Koen?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #56  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:

Are you coming Koen?

Sadly I am not. But I wanted to say thanx anyway Wink
Next one for me will be Zottegem...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #57  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I get out of work on time, I'll meet people for a drink beforehand. Not going to the gig (not my cup of cider Laughing) but I'll be happy to buy one or two of you a pint at the afterparty, which you can reach this way. Smile
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #58  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Both pubs are on Sauchiehall Street, with Sleazy's being between the ABC and McPhabbs (which is a few blocks west, but well worth a visit). I did try plotting all 3 places on a map but sadly Google Maps has changed and is now utter sh!te Sad
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #59  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Both pubs are on Sauchiehall Street, with Sleazy's being between the ABC and McPhabbs (which is a few blocks west, but well worth a visit). I did try plotting all 3 places on a map but sadly Google Maps has changed and is now utter sh!te Sad

Google Maps has an option down the map on the right hand side offering to return to the former format ... fortunately, because yes, it is s**t now, and they obviously know ... Wink Laughing ...

Btw, do you know which of these bars offer a proper strong coffee? ... Cool ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #60  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Will hopefully drop by. If all goes to plan Mrs Ribbons and I will arrive at three,but that relies on a ten minute window at Manchester Picadilly for the train to Preston,then an eight minute gap at Preston for the Glasgae train! So we'll actually probably check into the Overlook at 4. I'm guessing no support plus club night = Sisters on about half eight.

we fall to rise
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #61  Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Google Maps has an option down the map on the right hand side offering to return to the former format ... fortunately, because yes, it is s**t now, and they obviously know ... Wink Laughing ...

I don't drink coffee so I can't vouch for the quality. I've been told that McPhabbs do an acceptable cappuccino (and presumeably regular coffee).

I've no idea what coffee Sleazy's do but I've just noticed they do a burger called Lucretia:-D It contains pork though, so off my menu.
http://www.nicensleazy.com/meathammer-ltd/

As for Google Maps, I did use the 'classic' option last time but it no longer seems to be available to me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway We are not worthy!
sukhoi

PostPost #62  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for hints! Just heading to Prague airport...

Andrew S wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

I don't drink coffee so I can't vouch for the quality. I've been told that McPhabbs do an acceptable cappuccino (and presumeably regular coffee).

I've no idea what coffee Sleazy's do but I've just noticed they do a burger called Lucretia:-D It contains pork though, so off my menu.
http://www.nicensleazy.com/meathammer-ltd/

As for Google Maps, I did use the 'classic' option last time but it no longer seems to be available to me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway We are not worthy!

bangles

PostPost #63  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
bangles wrote:

Yes it is International - not Prestwick. From Prestwick, you can get the train from the airport to Glasgow Central and as an air passenger, you qualify for a 50% discount on the fare, so hang onto your boarding card. More details here: http://www.glasgowprestwick.com/to-and-from-prestwick/train-connections/discounted-rail-travel.html

There's also a bus service (X77) from Prestwick to Glasgow every 1/2 hour. The stop is on the A79 road next to the airport and it takes around 50 minutes to get to Buchanan Street. Personally I prefer the train - it's a relatively cheap service (especially with the discount) and the station is conveniently connected to the airport.

Thanks for the info! Just enjoying a preflight pint in the Dublin sunshine. Cannot wait for tonight!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #64  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Sisters Twitter Feed wrote:
Glasgow ABC tonight! Early curfew so we're on at 8.30pm.
(clicky)
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #65  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Live tweets
TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #66  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From the HL twitter feed

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #67  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

& another one

TheCureCommunity
sukhoi

PostPost #68  Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No setlist surprises (Dominion is hopefully definitely back, No Time To Cry too, both instrumentals included, Dr. Jeep/Detonation Blvd...), Eldritch in talking mood, Ben great as usually, Catalyst way too wild. Crowd reactions positive with growing attitude. No mosh-pits, cups with water (not vodka, I did taste it, really...) served by security guys. Good show. Nothing more, nothing less. Worth coming...
bangles

PostPost #69  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Had a blast! Seemed to take a little while to kick off but when it did, it was storming. Version of logic in particular was amazing. Sound wise, from where I was, it was very bass at times - which is not something you hear very often! And von was the chatiest ive seen in years!

Next stop Belfast! 😊
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

PostPost #70  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By my reckoning set list was:
More
Ribbons
WYDSM
Blood Money
Alice
Gift That Shines
No Time To Cry
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Dominion
Detonation Boulevard
Top Nite Out
Valentine
Flood II
This Corrosion
Kiss The Carpet
Lucretia
Vision Thing
First And Last And Always
Misirlou
Temple of Love

And I loved every minute of it.
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #71  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot of good photos from that one in HL facebook group Very Happy
Well done to photographer We are not worthy!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #72  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bangles wrote:
Had a blast!

I see what you did there Wink . Thanks to all for the reviews. Gutted to have missed it (on badly timed holiday). Glad to hear that Glasgow lived up to its reputation as a responsive audience that brings the best out of bands. We are not worthy!
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #73  Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They were very good last night Very Happy

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
chickenhead
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #74  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They were very very good Cool !! Had a great time Razz
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #75  Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some nice photos and a good review from a Lithuanian girl here : http://www.festivalphoto.net/reviews&review=3622#.U72BxX-9KSN.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2014 - Ever forward (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: