11.07.2014 - Rock Zottegem, Belgium - the return!

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Raving George is a dj. Pretty young thing too :
She doesn't exactly play stuff most Sisters (or Europe) fans might like, but if you wanna party you could do a lot worse.

I believe Channel Zero is also playing on Friday and they are probably the headliner as they're big in Belgium and just released a new album. Some bands do that I hear.

My guess is Europe around 20h, Channel Zero around 21h30 and The Sisters around 23h30 like the last time. Sisters in the one more for the road mode after which the real afterparty starts while most Sisters shirts will vanish in the mists of Zottegem.

But yeah, it's just me guessing.
in dub we trust
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Well thanks a lot for the effort even if it's just a guess, if they play around midnight I'd be really tempted to go :notworthy:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

radiojamaica wrote: I believe Channel Zero is also playing on Friday
That is correct and I do not mind! :D

Radio could be right about the playing order/times.
"as we walk on the floodland"
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica wrote:Some bands do that I hear.
The uncontrollable laughter that followed the reading of this comment made me drop on my knees as I grasped for air. :lol:
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:D
in dub we trust
radiojamaica
Overbomber

some updates, but especially for the 2nd day. Raving George seems to be replace with The Subs and still no timetable...
http://www.rock-zottegem.be/line-up
in dub we trust
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

radiojamaica wrote:some updates, but especially for the 2nd day. Raving George seems to be replace with The Subs and still no timetable...
http://www.rock-zottegem.be/line-up
No way...Raving George was one of the main reasons for me pulling out the stops in order to get to this festival :evil: ah well, I'll still see if it's do-able, flights from Manc to Charleroi are dirt cheap and my friends live nearby in Aalst so I'll still look into it.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Charleroi is a crapola airport but yeah works wonders with the prices. as for me if things work out as planned I can return from my work trip a day early which would mean Brussels airport Thursday morning instead of Friday. let's keep paws crossed for this one
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

sziamiau wrote:Charleroi is a crapola airport but yeah works wonders with the prices
Indeed it is but indeed it does! The bus to civilisation and train from there to Aalst / Zottegem soon adds up price-wise, but hey. Paws crossed all round, I need to try get the time off work and decide if it's affordable, see if my mates are actually free that weekend and not off partying somewhere in Belgium / Europe, then take it from there. Was really looking forward to a dance-yer-ass-off set from RG after the main event, but such is life, guess I need to check out The Subs and see if they're up to mustard. It's a long way to go for a Sisters set but then it is Belgium, a long weekend could easily work in another trip to Gent so there's nothing to lose really. Hopefully see you all there :)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ravey, it seems I hadn't taken my time to check the Zottegem site to the bone! Raving george is still on the decks I see now, but just not on the so called 'Crazy Main'. She'll be throwing some 4/4's in yr general direction from the 2nd stage aka the DJ Village ;D

So yeah, see you there mate 8)
How was Aaalst?
in dub we trust
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

long trip yes but i don't have a probem flying across a couple of ponds to see my favorite bands. however it's sometimes easier to catch a gig in NYC then try to get to the remote locations on the same continent :P
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

radiojamaica wrote:Ravey, it seems I hadn't taken my time to check the Zottegem site to the bone! Raving george is still on the decks I see now, but just not on the so called 'Crazy Main'. She'll be throwing some 4/4's in yr general direction from the 2nd stage aka the DJ Village ;D

So yeah, see you there mate 8)
How was Aaalst?
Wahaaay! I guess now they'll clash in the finest festival tradition, so I join the clamouring for the time schedule to be released, fingers crossed!

Aaaalst was great thank you, my superb friends have a stunningly renovated house which is a sublime mix of traditional Belgian terrace with my English friends innovative interior design. So me and me laddo spent a lovely week there, visiting Gent and Bruges, meeting a mate of theirs who is helping run the small Electrick Picknic (siic!) festival somewhere or other in Belgium this coming weekend, and generally kicking back in the sunshine, when it shone. Tried and loved the Affligem, Kwak, Chimay Blue, Duvel and Jupiler (of course), and a few others :P So yeah, typically wonderful visit to your country :D which makes coming back in July all the more appealing, next time with added :von:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ooh, Chimay Blue... yummy :lol:
in dub we trust
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

AND FINALLY I´M IN
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Sisters Will play from 00:10 to 01:20
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

I'm in too!!
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I too, will be there for gig number 75.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yep seem to be joining:)
Being645
Above the Chemist

+ 1 ... Image ... ;D ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ooh... a midnite gig! Sooooooo nice ;D
in dub we trust
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

+ 1 ... Image
It will be a looong way for us and our old car... :lol:
paul
Overbomber

Looks like a nightshift! But hey, count me in!!!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Seems there are many of us there ... ;D ... perhaps we should agree on a meeting point ... :?: ...

Well, at the latest we meet front stage ... :lol: ... but it were nice to meet elsewhere earlier as well ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Yes that would be lovely. However I do depend on lovely friends taking me so not sure about arrival yet. guess it's time to buy a ticket.
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

Yes, it would be really nice to meet some of you there!
Any ideas for a meeting point??? I don't know this festival or the area around at all... :?