11.07.2014 - Rock Zottegem, Belgium - the return!

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Pista
Cureboi

Stage time is ten past midnight
The Sisters Of Mercy ‏@tsomofficial 12m
We're at @RockZottegem for the final gig of this run. Onstage at ten past midnight.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Oh la la

that was...

pretty good!

We happy!

:D
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
radiojamaica
Overbomber

It was fun :D

I've only slept a very few hours so gonna keep it short, but the things to remember about this one was the return of Lisa on backings for some songs (Arms, Corrosion, Temple, maybe some more?) and the fact that Andrew seemed happy as a schoolboy because of that (how he picked up her mikestand that was at the Ben-side of the stage at first and then moved it to the middle of the stage right next to his own mic). He seemed rather happy all over actually ;D
They've shuffeled the songs around a bit (Vision Thing halfway the set, Misirlou as instrumental in the main set and not as encore) and we got Something Fast. Moshpit felt a bit weird, but great to see some good friends there...

some pics here: http://www.cuttingedge.be/photoalbums/s ... tegem-2014
in dub we trust
paul
Overbomber

Late show, good vibe! As stated before, Lisa back on stage! In the beginning she didn't add that much to the songs because she was too low in the mix, but in the end it turned out good. TOL sounded like '92 IMO, cool! Ow, and I loved Kiss The Karpet.

Nice to see so many familiar people and to meet new ones. Since my opponent withdrew, I won the "Ugliest Sisters Shirt Competition" by far last night ;-) I had a top nite out.

Btw, Europe were a decent support act ;-)
christophe
Overbomber

made it home and had a blast.
reviews above cover everything I think :wink:
Another Shade of You.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

paul wrote:Since my opponent withdrew, I won the "Ugliest Sisters Shirt Competition" by far last night ;-)

haha yesss, but just wait for the next one! Homemade fakes I tell ya :lol:
in dub we trust
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica wrote:It was fun :D

I've only slept a very few hours so gonna keep it short, but the things to remember about this one was the return of Lisa on backings for some songs (Arms, Corrosion, Temple, maybe some more?) and the fact that Andrew seemed happy as a schoolboy because of that (how he picked up her mikestand that was at the Ben-side of the stage at first and then moved it to the middle of the stage right next to his own mic). He seemed rather happy all over actually ;D
They've shuffeled the songs around a bit (Vision Thing halfway the set, Misirlou as instrumental in the main set and not as encore) and we got Something Fast. Moshpit felt a bit weird, but great to see some good friends there...

Raging I missed it but the cash just couldn't stretch to one more night! Amazing pix - cheers!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
iesus
Overbomber

Christophe's video is great, that was a good concert to be :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

paul wrote:Late show, good vibe! As stated before, Lisa back on stage! In the beginning she didn't add that much to the songs because she was too low in the mix, but in the end it turned out good. TOL sounded like '92 IMO, cool! Ow, and I loved Kiss The Karpet.

Nice to see so many familiar people and to meet new ones. Since my opponent withdrew, I won the "Ugliest Sisters Shirt Competition" by far last night ;-) I had a top nite out.

Btw, Europe were a decent support act ;-)
no pics about Lisa :-(
MUSICA È
paul
Overbomber

Quick impression!

paul
Overbomber

Last edited by paul on 12 Jul 2014, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunate angle makes it look as if :von: is picking his nose on one of the pics. Not his week for photos after the scary grimace the other day.
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Back home after long road trip.Great gig great atmosphere.Was glad to see some good friends too... :wink:
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
Being645
Above the Chemist

radiojamaica wrote:It was fun :D

Hard to add something to that, K. I didn't even notice when Lisa got on stage nor did I hear her singing. But as soon as she stood in the middle I could hear her clearly, not too loud and not too silent. Her voice and appearance was a nice addition to the sound and the atmosphere. Anyway, this final gig of the tour had something especially lovely about it.
Can't complain about the crowd, however. Everybody seemed to just fully enjoy ... ;D ... me included (apart from Dominion which I often do not like. This time, the Mother Russia part made up for the rest of it, though). Also I found it very nice to meet so many people there and some for the first time... :D ... * greetings to everybody. Meeting up was a good part of the allover pleasure ...

Thanks for the pictures link and to Paul as well ... :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ... wonderful.
As to Europe ... I thought, I'd give them a listen, but uahh ... stuff like "Carrie" or whatever that was called is just unbearable ... :urff: :lol: ...

Btw, here's the complete setlist (transported from poison-door-net) ...

Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Damn fine show! Nice vibe, happy crowd. :D
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice pics, Paul :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

Back from Zottegem, back to live after 1400km in 36 hours with our old car...
It was a great concert, loved every minute of it!
Here are some pics I made that night, have fun, hope you like them a bit:

Bines Zottegem-Fotos
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Bine wrote:Back from Zottegem, back to live after 1400km in 36 hours with our old car...

Bines Zottegem-Fotos
Fantastic pics - thanks for sharing. I love the one of the bow at the end !
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for your nice feedback! :D
Got some good advices from Sisters-Pics about camera and some tricks, so it was quite easy to get some good shots... and some luck to hit the buttom in the right moment :innocent:
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Such iconic pictures.

I like your username on Picasa, too!
christophe
Overbomber

Bine wrote:Back from Zottegem, back to live after 1400km in 36 hours with our old car...

Bines Zottegem-Fotos
:notworthy: very nice! :notworthy:
Another Shade of You.
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

centurionofprix wrote:I like your username on Picasa, too!
Yeah, my hubby and me had some great concerts and parties with the "Helsinki Vampires" years ago ;D
Got my smart Von
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:Anyway, this final gig of the tour had something especially lovely about it.
Also I found it very nice to meet so many people there and some for the first time... :D ... * greetings to everybody. Meeting up was a good part of the allover pleasure ...
Thanks for the pictures link and to Paul as well ... :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ... wonderful.
Yes, a very good night and amazing final gig with Lisa and :von: happy as a schoolboy :lol: .
So happy to have been there and met some of you :D meeting up is definitely a good part of it!
Thanks for all the sharings, it's always a pleasure to have great videos and wonderful pics of the gig :P (mine unfortunately died somewhere in my phone - not so smart :( ) and of the winning shirt! :lol:
Good memories! Thank you all. :notworthy:
Music is there to Eldritch your life and make you aware of things in a slightly overbombing different way.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

it was lovely wasn't it? nice to see the goilz and boyz...hopefully more to come soon enough