Sisters Of Mercy & The Mish talk about breakup (Sky Chan

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
paul
Overbomber

Dunno if this was posted here before, but here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJawe9JWEY

cheers!
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

'The undisputed leaders of the gothic movement.' Well, undisputed by anyone except by themselves.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Interesting comment from :von: about a thread linking the hypothetical second album being "like a street map of San Francisco." Followed by a baffled-sounding "mm" from the interviewer. :lol:

This isn't something I've heard of before. Anyone have any ideas what this is about?
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Jeremiah wrote:Interesting comment from :von: about a thread linking the hypothetical second album being "like a street map of San Francisco." Followed by a baffled-sounding "mm" from the interviewer. :lol:

This isn't something I've heard of before. Anyone have any ideas what this is about?
Well, Mission Street is a main street in San Francisco, and lends its name to the Mission District. So one might direct someone to "turn left on Mission". Perhaps his intention was to create an album that interwove street names in the city, maybe playing on its association with the Summer of Love, Haight Ashbury, etc.

If you want to delve deeper into the conspiracy theory...

Vision Thing contains oblique references to the abortive 2nd album. Something Fast mentions "Hailing Maries left and right" - Mission Street intersects with St. Mary's Avenue, which is home to the church of St. John the Evangelist - which was the name of the first Roman Catholic archdiocese in the US, located in Baltimore (where :von: thinks god still is, according to the song).

When You Don't See Me advises the listener to, "Get real, get another," and that "when you leave I disappear".
Mission Street transitions (or disappears) into El Camino Real roughly as it draws level with San Francisco International Airport. Is :von: drawing a parallel between someone's departure by plane from SF (Miss Detroit's, perhaps?) and the final decision to drop plans for the resurrection of the 2nd Album?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Dan
Overbomber

:P
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Dan wrote:Image
:P
:notworthy:
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.