Fantasy Premier League 2014/15

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Oi!

I resemble that remark
:P
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Right, let's tidy this shit up:

2 Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
3 Planet Dave
4 markfiend
5 limur
6 emilystrange
7 Johnny Rev 7.0
8 Mav787
9 Hom_Corleone
10 iesus
11 paint it black
23 eastmidswhizzkid (Grumpy goalkeeper)

Anyone else spot the numerical anomaly in the normal XI team numbering?

Elsewhere, on FPL we've had a Team name change:

FC Bennweg-Zeis 1921 = Johnny Rev 7.0
Damage Dunfermline = Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
DarkStrange FC = emilystrange
Wilsden Reds = Planet Dave
Spiritwalkers = Mav787
Eastmids Whizzkids = eastmidswhizzkid
Tangerine Team = limur
Curekit Washer = paint it black
Kirkstall Wanderers = markfiend
LONG ISLAND UTD = Hom_Corleone
Meteora Heartland FC = iesus

I've no idea what it means, other than Ez being Ez.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Awesome!!

Who is Ez Mo?

Crystal Palace's new signing, £4.56 from East Grinstead Scout Troop.

He'll also be washing the kit.

Read more: http://thecurecommunity.freeforums.net/ ... z39XHGJNtW
Goths have feelings too
Pista
Cureboi

paint it black wrote:Awesome!!

Who is Ez Mo?

Crystal Palace's new signing, £4.56 from East Grinstead Scout Troop.

He'll also be washing the kit.

Read more: http://thecurecommunity.freeforums.net/ ... z39XHGJNtW
Yep.
That's our resident deity
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

The Axis of Cure Fans will have a difficult time with us as we are more Image happy persons in general and we like to Image with our favorite songs from Sisters and be Image and Image types :innocent: :kiss: :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

As every Head Coach knows, every member of your squad is important, but also very individual. Everyone brings a different piece to the jigsaw that makes the whole. That's what makes a team. It's all about utillising their strengths, whilst diffusing their weaknesses.

For your formatting skills Konstantinos I'll give you 1/10, but for your enthusiasm and drive, you'll get 11/10.

So when you add the numbers together, that's a 10/10 in my book. :wink:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pardon me if I'm missing something Mr M, but isn't this FF business simply a case of all of us organising our little FF games, picking our teams and seeing how they get on, swapping players and all that, and then whoever does best wins the HL (or HL/Cure) league? What's all this head coach bs? You don't tell us who to pick or anything do you? I've just read through the whole thread and am a little confused.

Oh and thanks Ms Strange :) I'll be ready for then!
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Both forum team organisers have labelled themselves as Head Coaches. Simply to make this happen for you. That's it.

You're playing for your own personal glory, but your personal GW score counts towards the cumulative team score re The Cure vs. The Sisters.

So yes, your aim is to selfishly focus on yourself and score as many points, therefore aiding The Sisters' cause.

Hope that helps.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

+whilst we are clarifying confusions, apart from being a bit of a laugh/in-joke there aren't really any actual positions amongst us is there? i mean, this plays the same as the world cup game doesn't it? i'm the grumpy goalkeeper in name only right? otherwiase i don't understand. (and if it pleases Johnny's sense of order i don't mind being number one rather than 23, seeing as everyone else has gone traditional.)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Silver_Owl
The Don

I've forgotten my password and the site doesn't seem to want to play ball in sending me a new one. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:+whilst we are clarifying confusions, apart from being a bit of a laugh/in-joke there aren't really any actual positions amongst us is there? i mean, this plays the same as the world cup game doesn't it? i'm the grumpy goalkeeper in name only right? otherwiase i don't understand. (and if it pleases Johnny's sense of order i don't mind being number one rather than 23, seeing as everyone else has gone traditional.)

Yes Lee, it's the same as McFIFA. Your team is your team. You are playing for yourself, for your league placing, but, your team's points count towards the overall cumulative points score between The Sisters vs. The Cure.

The rest is just gloss to try to add a sense of "Teamness" (if such a word exists) and a bit of fun. There's no actual positions in the team, other than the ones each team member decides to bestow upon themselves.

#23 is fine, but in the hearts of your Head Coach and your fellow team mates, you'll always be our #1. :kiss:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:I've forgotten my password and the site doesn't seem to want to play ball in sending me a new one. :|
Give it time. FPL are probably up to 2m+ users at the moment and these type of notifications tend to be sent en masse when they update, usually around 2am BST.

If you don't hear anything within 24hrs, let me know. I'll pop over to Nigel-land and get it sorted as there is a direct communication link between them and FPL Towers. :wink:
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Silver_Owl
The Don

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:I've forgotten my password and the site doesn't seem to want to play ball in sending me a new one. :|
Give it time. FPL are probably up to 2m+ users at the moment and these type of notifications tend to be sent en masse when they update, usually around 2am BST.

If you don't hear anything within 24hrs, let me know. I'll pop over to Nigel-land and get it sorted as there is a direct communication link between them and FPL Towers. :wink:
Thanks Ron Manager.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Isn't it...
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Silver_Owl
The Don

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Image
Isn't it...
Jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it? Mmmm
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eastmidswhizzkid

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:+whilst we are clarifying confusions, apart from being a bit of a laugh/in-joke there aren't really any actual positions amongst us is there? i mean, this plays the same as the world cup game doesn't it? i'm the grumpy goalkeeper in name only right? otherwiase i don't understand. (and if it pleases Johnny's sense of order i don't mind being number one rather than 23, seeing as everyone else has gone traditional.)

Yes Lee, it's the same as McFIFA. Your team is your team. You are playing for yourself, for your league placing, but, your team's points count towards the overall cumulative points score between The Sisters vs. The Cure.
phew.
Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:The rest is just gloss to try to add a sense of "Teamness" (if such a word exists) and a bit of fun. There's no actual positions in the team, other than the ones each team member decides to bestow upon themselves.
thought so. just checking.
Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:#23 is fine, but in the hearts of your Head Coach and your fellow team mates, you'll always be our #1. :kiss:
aww shucks*....ya daft sod :lol:

*phrases you thought you'd never say/type.

Pista
Cureboi

Just a quickie.

We are tweeting this event via @CureCommunity with the hash tag #sistersvsthecure if anyone is tweeting this.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

contact has been made with the mothercure ship
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

& reciprocated :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Just a quickie.

We are tweeting this event via @CureCommunity with the hash tag #sistersvsthecure if anyone is tweeting this.
Er...

Followed :oops:

:eek: :eek: :eek:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Pista
Cureboi

What's your twitter name so we can follow you back?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Both forum team organisers have labelled themselves as Head Coaches. Simply to make this happen for you. That's it.

You're playing for your own personal glory, but your personal GW score counts towards the cumulative team score re The Cure vs. The Sisters.

So yes, your aim is to selfishly focus on yourself and score as many points, therefore aiding The Sisters' cause.

Hope that helps.
It does John, cheers. Pardon my ignorance but I'm entirely new to this business and was a bit worried that I didn't have half as much of a clue as I thought I possibly did on what the chuff it was all about. That's fine, I'll take great pleasure in contributing to ensuring the Sisters obliterate those twee gits, I'm still shook up from that godawful Reading performance I endured on TV for a while a year or so back, when it became very apparent that I hadn't missed a thing since seeing them last in 1991 :lol: for that alone they deserve to be left meekly and grimly applauding the HL Massiv as we ascend the stairs to pick up the trophy come season's end. Even if it means picking city players.
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote:What's your twitter name so we can follow you back?
Ha! nearly got me, but my twitter account exists purely so i can tell Lady Gaga how much i love her. 8)

limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:What's your twitter name so we can follow you back?
Incoming! PM...
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Pista
Cureboi

Got it :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity