Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
London Brixton ace 1983 gigs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: London Brixton ace 1983 gigs Reply with quote Back to top

London Brixton ace 1983 gigs

I thought it might be a good idea to look back over the Brixton Ace gigs of 1983 so that @Being isn't left in the Wiki with any of the false dates which have been circulating. She does an amazing job because the site is so enormous, and she has tried to find as much information and as many possible gig dates as possible, but unfortunately there are have been many fake gig dates doing the rounds for years. So to help her with the incredible job she has done (without her the Wiki gigography would be empty) ...
Why are there so many wrong gig dates ? Well, there are several reasons. On some 'live' audio cassettes and videos, just the location of the gig is given, but not the date. So people put down what they think the date must have been and others then accept that this must be true. Others want to have the biggest live audio list possible, and put down fake dates and swap these tapes for genuine rarities, allowing other fake dates to be constantly repeated everywhere.
So this is what I have in my collection for the Brixton Ace in 1983, but I think that it's possible that there are other gig dates and/or audio and video recordings of the gigs I have listed here which I haven't yet managed to track down.
To help to identify the different versions I've included short snippets of each recording, indicating where exactly it's from - bits where people are talking, making noise etc which will make them easy to identify.
If anyone knows of any other Brixton gigs, or has other recordings of the gigs I have listed, I would love to hear from them.
ST

Official Sisters site x5 dates.
19 Feb , 17 Mar , 06 Apr , 21 June ,29 June (1 fake date)

Wiki gig x8 dates .
10 Feb ,19 Feb , 10 Mar ,17 Mar , 06 Apr , 19 Jun , 21 June ,29 June (4 fakes dates)

For me x4 dates (with the information i actually have).
19 Feb , 10 Mar , 06 Apr ,29 June

LONDON BRIXTON ACE 19-2-83 (2 differents recordings)
ALICE/VALENTINE/ANACONDA/BODY ELECTRIC/1969/SISTER RAY (version 1)
(Mixing Desk) Quality 4/5 Voir le Fichier : V1_Brixton_190283_Mix.mp3
KISS/FLOORSHOW/WATCH/ADRENOCHROME/ALICE/VALENTINE/ANACONDA/
BODY ELECTRIC/1969/SISTER RAY (version 2)(Audience) Quality 4/5 Voir le Fichier : V2_Brixton_190283_Aud.mp3

All the titles on vinyl record noticed 17.03.83 are 19.02.83 Mixing desk version

10 Mar .....Gig annonced by Jensen the 10 Mar on BBC Radio + including the press cuttting .
I found it's strange that this gig wasn't able as audio,all the others London gigs 83 well know are easily available.
(exept The Venue the 03.03.83 who exist but very hard to found).
I'm in process to deal for an old tape noticed 10.03.83 but i don't know if it's a fake.

LONDON BRIXTON ACE 6-4-83 (2 differents recordings)
(cut)ANACONDA/BURN/JOLENE/FLOORSHOW/BODY ELECTRIC/ADRENOCHROME/GIMME SHELTER(Mixing desk) (version 1) Quality 5/5 Voir le Fichier : V1_Brixton_060483_Mix.mp3
VALENTINE/ANACONDA/BURN/JOLENE/FLOORSHOW/BODY ELECTRIC/ADRENOCHROME/GIMME SHELTER (Audience) (version 2) Quality 1/5 Voir le Fichier : V2_Brixton_060483_Aud.mp3
(this Aud 1 version is Crap quality (but nice between the songs)because the walkman was too high level, just interesting for Valentine bonus song information .Valentine is just at the beginning so I don't know if there're more songs before)

LONDON BRIXTON ACE 29-6-83 (4 differents recordings)
KISS/ALICE/ANACONDA/VALENTINE/BURN/JOLENE/HEARTLAND/ADRENOCHROME/
FLOORSHOW/GIMME SHELTER/EMMA/BODY ELECTRIC (D.JONES)(version 1) Quality 4/5 Voir le Fichier : V1_Brixton_290683_D_JONES.mp3
KISS/ALICE/ANACONDA/VALENTINE/BURN/JOLENE/HEARTLAND/ADRENOCHROME/FLOOR
SHOW/GIMME SHELTER/EMMA/BODY ELECTRIC(GEOF)(same the lp but not lp source)(version 2) Quality 3-4 Voir le Fichier : V2_Brixton__290683_GEOF.mp3
KISS/ALICE/ANACONDA/VALENTINE/BURN/JOLENE/HEARTLAND/ADRENOCHROME/
FLOORSHOW/GIMME SHELTER/EMMA/BODY ELECTRIC(KAZ)(version 3) (Big Dolby) Quality 3 Voir le Fichier : V3_Brixton__290683__KAZ.mp3
KISS/ALICE/ANACONDA/VALENTINE/Burn missing/JOLENE(a part)/HEARTLAND/
ADRENOCHROME/Floorshow missing/GIMME SHELTER/EMMA/Body electric missing
(video source) (version 4) Quality 4 Voir le Fichier : V4_Brixton_290683__video_source.mp3

The video is incomplete because the Italian girl who have filmed the gig as preserved her camera battery between The Smiths and the Sisters ( the incomplet lives of both bands are available on youtube)
The 29.06.83 date is including on 3 cuttings.
Lot of fake date for this gig , i saw 4 videos different dates on youtube ! The recorder had distribute the video marqued only”Brixton ace” ...then after everybody notice what they want on....

Fakes dates

10 Feb , for me i think it's fake date, there is no proff, not listed on the official site, no ticket , no poster ,no flyer, no tape, no photo, no press cutting, nobody tell to had seen the gig or know someone who had seen it.
This is a mix up date .The real date is for me the 19 Feb or 10 Mar .

17 Mar , for me fake date , also 2 guys confirm they saw the Sex gang Children there.
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/2565151-sex-gang-children-at-brixton-ace
All the titles on vinyl record noticed 17.03.83 are 19.02.83 Mixing desk version

19 June , for me, fake date ( the tapes i saw were the 29june83 as audio or video)
The 19.06.83 is including on 2 pics.
for information Neubauten haven't played there.
“ Initially with SPK and Test Department on the bill, but when Neubauten threatened to cancel because of these bands The March Violets were chosen instead. Neubauten still had to cancel the gig because N.U. Unruh needed to be hospitalised.” (Sounds mag 16-Jun-83)

21 June , for me, fake ( the tapes i saw were 29.6.83 as audio or video) exemple here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZMN5L3H1ew

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! bravo encore, @spiggymr7, a fantastic piece of detective/forensic work. Hopefully others will be able to fully confirm or indeed add to your findings. Thanks again for sharing a small part of your voluminous collection. We are not worthy!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #3  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
We are not worthy! We are not worthy! bravo encore, @spiggymr7, a fantastic piece of detective/forensic work. Hopefully others will be able to fully confirm or indeed add to your findings. Thanks again for sharing a small part of your voluminous collection. We are not worthy!

Absolutely seconded !!! ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...

That was a big chunk of work! Thank you very much!!! I will make the best of it I can do ... Mr. Green Kiss We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ...
Gaijin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: London Brixton ace 1983 gigs Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for taking the time to make such an interesting post.

spiggymr7 wrote:

LONDON BRIXTON ACE 19-2-83 (Mixing Desk) Quality 4/5 : ALICE/VALENTINE/ANACONDA/BODY ELECTRIC/1969/SISTER RAY

Is this recording in circulation or private only? It seems difficult to find either way.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

VERY USEFUL INFORMATION! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
MANY THANKS!
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing, spiggymr7 We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #7  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: London Brixton ace 1983 gigs Reply with quote Back to top

Gaijin wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to make such an interesting post.

spiggymr7 wrote:

LONDON BRIXTON ACE 19-2-83 (Mixing Desk) Quality 4/5 : ALICE/VALENTINE/ANACONDA/BODY ELECTRIC/1969/SISTER RAY

Is this recording in circulation or private only? It seems difficult to find either way.

This is not a "private only material" because there on vinyls bootlegs like "Halloween In Arkham" and on lot of tapes in circulation.
Gaijin

PostPost #8  Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: London Brixton ace 1983 gigs Reply with quote Back to top

spiggymr7 wrote:
This is not a "private only material" because there on vinyls bootlegs like "Halloween In Arkham" and on lot of tapes in circulation.

OK thanks. I'll keep this mind then.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #9  Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So all of these are now adjusted thoroughly (at least I hope so).

If there should be any additions, corrections, remarks - don't hesitate! ... Very Happy ...
http://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_10-Feb-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_10-Mar-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_17-Mar-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_06-Apr-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Sun,_19-Jun-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Tue,_21-Jun-1983
http://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_29-Jun-1983

Cheers
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wowsa We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Gaijin

PostPost #11  Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you manage to get the 10 March gig yet?
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #12  Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have still not received, it is hard to have the tape .
Gaijin

PostPost #13  Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fingers crossed.
Gaijin

PostPost #14  Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which source was used for this record?

http://sisterswiki.org/Live_At_Brixton_Ace.
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #15  Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gaijin wrote:
Which source was used for this record?

http://sisterswiki.org/Live_At_Brixton_Ace.

For the 29.06.83 bootleg vinyl ,the vinyl's sound is very clear but I don't know if it's master tape that was used .....or a very close source from the master tape .It's the version 2 on my topic.
Also for those interested by the London tapes, @Dan just post a nice audience version of the 19.02.83.
Actually it's the best available version, I have never found better, i have sort out the source till @Dan, but was impossible to go earlier as the tape was buy at a record fair.

https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24769&highlight=london
spiggymr7
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #16  Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have finally received the Brixton Ace 10.03.83 tape .....this is the "Halloween In Arkham vinyl"......moderately surprised .... there are so many fake for Brixton Ace gigs.....
Gaijin

PostPost #17  Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^Hard luck.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #18  Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

doffs hat Our fearless leader!

i think there are a few alternative adverts for the gig, but i'm sure you have that covered

We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: