Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Probably of little interest to most, but Nikki Sixx sounds like he was a bit of a fan, and judging by the accompanying photo he wasn't the only one! http://www.fullthrottlerock.net/apps/bl ... ion-swine-
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Mick Mars has always looked like death warmed-up :von:
Four strings good, six strings bad
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yeah I've read or heard more than once that he was referring to the Sisters. i think also on his twitter or something. re Mars: well considering that he is a lot older than the others and have been very ill, happy to see him alive--ish
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

I'm still trying to work this one out: http://www.creditslips.org/creditslips/ ... mains.html
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Surprised not to see anything on the forum about Tony James recent appearance on the Christmas University Challenge show.
"and he played bass guitar for (The) Sisters of Mercy" according to Jeremy Paxman.
Still on iplayer if you have access to it. Search for Brunel University vs Reading University.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ribbons69 wrote:Surprised not to see anything on the forum about Tony James recent appearance on the Christmas University Challenge show.
"and he played bass guitar for (The) Sisters of Mercy" according to Jeremy Paxman.
Still on iplayer if you have access to it. Search for Brunel University vs Reading University.
I mentioned him in the Currently Watching thread. https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... 066#662066
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I gave Si Denbigh a lift from his flat to the Cardigan Arms yesterday evening if that counts :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:I gave Si Denbigh a lift from his flat to the Cardigan Arms yesterday evening if that counts :lol:
Really?
How's he doing these days?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He seemed OK actually. He's certainly walking a lot better than he was. In very good spirits too.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:He seemed OK actually. He's certainly walking a lot better than he was. In very good spirits too.
Ah, that's good to hear ... :D :D :D ... :notworthy: ... thank you for the info.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:He seemed OK actually. He's certainly walking a lot better than he was. In very good spirits too.
Awesome news :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:I gave Si Denbigh a lift from his flat to the Cardigan Arms yesterday evening if that counts :lol:
Give ex-Sisters Nurse a lift to the boozer? Yes Mark, I'd say that counts. Extra points for the top news regarding his wellbeing :notworthy:
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Patricia on Top of the Pops miming vocals for PWEI!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dtIdeu9cKc

This is from 1990, but I only spotted it today.
jim-bob
Road Kill

Mothra wrote:Patricia on Top of the Pops miming vocals for PWEI!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dtIdeu9cKc

This is from 1990, but I only spotted it today.
Whoa, I had no idea there was any kind of push behind ..Cicciolina. I've got the EP but didn't know it was getting TV time!

Odd choice.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
Dan
Overbomber

I don't get it.

(Plus when I save it it looks the same.)
sultan2075
Overbomber

Maybe it's a deeply meta joke about the lack of TSOM activity?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The xkcd comic has some javascript that responds to right-click on the image. What it has to do with the Sisters [s]I haven't a scooby[/s] is left as an exercise for the class.
—Bertrand Russell
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

markfiend wrote:The xkcd comic has some javascript that responds to right-click on the image. What it has to do with the Sisters [s]I haven't a scooby[/s] is left as an exercise for the class.
File -> Open -> C:/ -> Music

...will start to lead you to one reference (and remember to click the appropriate menu item at the end)
Dan
Overbomber

Ah! I was blocking javascript so never saw any of the 'extras'.
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Took me by complete surprise! :D
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh! All I had got were the popup menus, I didn't get as far as the music!
—Bertrand Russell