Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Pista
Cureboi

Have you come across the Sisters in your daily lives?
On a supermarket playlist, the radio, the telly or elsewhere?
Go for it...

Watching an old episode of Spooks at the mo (Series 7, Episode 8)
They are hunting a Russian op called Rain From Heaven & trying to find out what Finland Red, Egypt White means.

Every time Harry says, "Does Rain From Heaven mean anything to you?" I yell at the telly :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

An old series repeated a few weeks ago. The title of the series was Kisváros (Small town). This episode was about catching some teenagers in a party..they were having drugs and were dancing. ..and the punchline was that they were dancing on Sisters (Temple Of Love). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYJpXapzP4
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Pista
Cureboi

Joy wrote:An old series repeated a few weeks ago. The title of the series was Kisváros (Small town). This episode was about catching some teenagers in a party..they were having drugs and were dancing. ..and the punchline was that they were dancing on Sisters (Temple Of Love). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYJpXapzP4
Probably they are stoned. :lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Durly
Road Kill

Pista wrote:Have you come across the Sisters in your daily lives?
On a supermarket playlist, the radio, the telly or elsewhere?
Go for it...

Watching an old episode of Spooks at the mo (Series 7, Episode 8)
They are hunting a Russian op called Rain From Heaven & trying to find out what Finland Red, Egypt White means.

Every time Harry says, "Does Rain From Heaven mean anything to you?" I yell at the telly :)
I'm a big Spooks fan and remember watching this when it was first shown. I chuckled all the way through. At least 4 or 5 references directly from The Sisterhood 'Gift' album in that episode. I imagined some black clad, 40 something scriptwriter beavering away in his study, laughing at the obscure references that only us old goths would get.
aVoX
Road Kill

I heard "Dominion/Mother Russia" on the radio station "Liberty Rock" in GTA IV. Too bad it fades out after 5 minutes, before it can unleash the rampant Mother Russia.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I had A Huge Case Of Overmixing Vol 1 on today in my car - does that count..? :lol:
Four strings good, six strings bad
feargel
Road Kill

On German-Radio WDR2 you could choose every song you want on Monday. They called it "Freispiel" and at nr. 83 they played Temple of love - The Sisters Of Mercy /Ofra Haza :-)

http://www.wdr2.de/musik/playlist/freis ... t-100.html
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Well, almost.

my phone rings unexpectedly…"hello this is Mr Eldritch here, I believe you know who I am" :eek: :eek:

Actually, it was Mr Eldridge from Milton Keynes (and no I didn't know who he was) but it woke me up for an hour or so.

:lol: :lol:
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

My sister used to help out at a pony-trekking centre in the late 80s. There was a really mean horse there who insisted on being fed any time they wanted to take him out or do anything with him.

On the door of his stable someone (probably one of the other kids who worked there) had scrawled "Hay, now. Hay, now now," in chalk. Took me a while to work out why...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:My sister used to help out at a pony-trekking centre in the late 80s. There was a really mean horse there who insisted on being fed any time they wanted to take him out or do anything with him.

On the door of his stable someone (probably one of the other kids who worked there) had scrawled "Hay, now. Hay, now now," in chalk. Took me a while to work out why...
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

I recall watching an edition of Big Brother on Channel 4 about ten years ago, perhaps more, and there was a girl on it called Alice. Anyway, someone shouted for "ALICE!" and another contestant who was sitting having a fag shouted "DON'T GIVE IT AWAY!"

Which certainly lightened up an otherwise tedious program.
Anger Is An Energy
radiojamaica
Overbomber

2 days ago I was in a store here in my town when Temple of Love 1992 came on... Always puts that certain smile on my face :D
in dub we trust
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

Twice a year I stumble across the occasional Temple of Love on the belgian StuBru radio. And just last night a nice fellow came in the bar I work at, wearing a '06 sisters shirt, while I had a 2010 tour shirt on, made for some smiles en giggles :D
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

No quite Sisters-spotting, but....

I went to Manchester Punk Festival this weekend and say at least a dozen people wearing various items of St Pauli merch (tees, hoodies, caps), including me 8)

I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/You ... II::5.html

And then this on the Saturday: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/MAN/T-shirt-Ge ... s::15.html
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
robm
Amphetamine Filth

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/them-are-us-too

"I like spent all day bleaching my hair and making a playlist of Sisters of Mercy and Cocteau Twins."
Pista
Cureboi

Just saw this on BBC6 Music's twitter feed
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I once made an utter fool of myself getting over-excited to see Wayne Hussbag in the Faversham (pub in Leeds on the edge of the University campus).

I was, of course, very very drunk.

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Drsisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar :D
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Joy

Drsisters wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar :D
!!! Wow!! :eek: ;D :twisted:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
splintered thing

OMG - you have just completed a 22 year quest for me!!
I remember seeing this via an obscure video that was sent to me in about 1993/4. The video tape got all manky and died - I couldn't remember what the song was, and I never saw it again!! Thank you!! There is a tiny bit of my brain that can now be at peace.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
mh
Above the Chemist

I think we better have Eddie Jordan again!

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/You ... II::5.html
I gots me that, too (as per my FB photo). I've also got the glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones - highly recommended!
Silver_Owl
The Don

Norman Hunter wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/You ... II::5.html
I gots me that, too (as per my FB photo). I've also got the glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones - highly recommended!
Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. :(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. :(
As a Leeds fan, football and disappointment go hand-in-hand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Norman Hunter wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. :(
As a Leeds fan, football and disappointment go hand-in-hand.
As a Derby fan I feel your pain brother. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.