Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Sisters spotting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #1  Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Sisters spotting Reply with quote Back to top

Have you come across the Sisters in your daily lives?
On a supermarket playlist, the radio, the telly or elsewhere?
Go for it...

Watching an old episode of Spooks at the mo (Series 7, Episode Cool
They are hunting a Russian op called Rain From Heaven & trying to find out what Finland Red, Egypt White means.

Every time Harry says, "Does Rain From Heaven mean anything to you?" I yell at the telly Smile
TheCureCommunity
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An old series repeated a few weeks ago. The title of the series was Kisváros (Small town). This episode was about catching some teenagers in a party..they were having drugs and were dancing. ..and the punchline was that they were dancing on Sisters (Temple Of Love). Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYJpXapzP4
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joy wrote:
An old series repeated a few weeks ago. The title of the series was Kisváros (Small town). This episode was about catching some teenagers in a party..they were having drugs and were dancing. ..and the punchline was that they were dancing on Sisters (Temple Of Love). Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzYJpXapzP4

Probably they are stoned. Laughing We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
Durly
Road Kill

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters spotting Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Have you come across the Sisters in your daily lives?
On a supermarket playlist, the radio, the telly or elsewhere?
Go for it...

Watching an old episode of Spooks at the mo (Series 7, Episode Cool
They are hunting a Russian op called Rain From Heaven & trying to find out what Finland Red, Egypt White means.

Every time Harry says, "Does Rain From Heaven mean anything to you?" I yell at the telly Smile

I'm a big Spooks fan and remember watching this when it was first shown. I chuckled all the way through. At least 4 or 5 references directly from The Sisterhood 'Gift' album in that episode. I imagined some black clad, 40 something scriptwriter beavering away in his study, laughing at the obscure references that only us old goths would get.
aVoX
Road Kill

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I heard "Dominion/Mother Russia" on the radio station "Liberty Rock" in GTA IV. Too bad it fades out after 5 minutes, before it can unleash the rampant Mother Russia.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had A Huge Case Of Overmixing Vol 1 on today in my car - does that count..? Laughing
feargel
Road Kill

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On German-Radio WDR2 you could choose every song you want on Monday. They called it "Freispiel" and at nr. 83 they played Temple of love - The Sisters Of Mercy /Ofra Haza Smile

http://www.wdr2.de/musik/playlist/freispiel-playlist-100.html
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, almost.

my phone rings unexpectedly…"hello this is Mr Eldritch here, I believe you know who I am" Surprised Surprised

Actually, it was Mr Eldridge from Milton Keynes (and no I didn't know who he was) but it woke me up for an hour or so.

Laughing Laughing
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My sister used to help out at a pony-trekking centre in the late 80s. There was a really mean horse there who insisted on being fed any time they wanted to take him out or do anything with him.

On the door of his stable someone (probably one of the other kids who worked there) had scrawled "Hay, now. Hay, now now," in chalk. Took me a while to work out why...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
My sister used to help out at a pony-trekking centre in the late 80s. There was a really mean horse there who insisted on being fed any time they wanted to take him out or do anything with him.

On the door of his stable someone (probably one of the other kids who worked there) had scrawled "Hay, now. Hay, now now," in chalk. Took me a while to work out why...

Laughing We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
Phil
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I recall watching an edition of Big Brother on Channel 4 about ten years ago, perhaps more, and there was a girl on it called Alice. Anyway, someone shouted for "ALICE!" and another contestant who was sitting having a fag shouted "DON'T GIVE IT AWAY!"

Which certainly lightened up an otherwise tedious program.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2 days ago I was in a store here in my town when Temple of Love 1992 came on... Always puts that certain smile on my face Very Happy
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #13  Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Twice a year I stumble across the occasional Temple of Love on the belgian StuBru radio. And just last night a nice fellow came in the bar I work at, wearing a '06 sisters shirt, while I had a 2010 tour shirt on, made for some smiles en giggles Very Happy
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #14  Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No quite Sisters-spotting, but....

I went to Manchester Punk Festival this weekend and say at least a dozen people wearing various items of St Pauli merch (tees, hoodies, caps), including me Cool

I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/Your-Skull-and-crossbones/Skull-and-crossbones-T-shirt-II::5.html

And then this on the Saturday: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/MAN/T-shirt-Gegen-Rechts::15.html
the cake is a lie
robm
Road Kill

PostPost #15  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/them-are-us-too

"I like spent all day bleaching my hair and making a playlist of Sisters of Mercy and Cocteau Twins."
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #16  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw this on BBC6 Music's twitter feed

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #17  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I once made an utter fool of myself getting over-excited to see Wayne Hussbag in the Faversham (pub in Leeds on the edge of the University campus).

I was, of course, very very drunk.

Drsisters

PostPost #18  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar Very Happy
Joy

PostPost #19  Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar Very Happy

!!! Wow!! Surprised Mr. Green Twisted Evil
splintered thing

PostPost #20  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG - you have just completed a 22 year quest for me!!
I remember seeing this via an obscure video that was sent to me in about 1993/4. The video tape got all manky and died - I couldn't remember what the song was, and I never saw it again!! Thank you!! There is a tiny bit of my brain that can now be at peace.
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #21  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we better have Eddie Jordan again!

Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
I was wearing this on the Friday night: http://www.fcsp-shop.com/Collection/Your-Skull-and-crossbones/Skull-and-crossbones-T-shirt-II::5.html

I gots me that, too (as per my FB photo). I've also got the glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones - highly recommended!
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #23  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

I gots me that, too (as per my FB photo). I've also got the glow-in-the-dark skull and crossbones - highly recommended!

Shame they're propping up the table at the mo. Sad
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #24  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hom_Corleone wrote:

As a Leeds fan, football and disappointment go hand-in-hand.
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #25  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norman Hunter wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

As a Leeds fan, football and disappointment go hand-in-hand.

As a Derby fan I feel your pain brother. Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: