Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Arms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Arms Reply with quote Back to top

What is this rape room Our fearless leader! talks of?

Any thoughts?

Confused
Chaotican
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never actually given it much thought and I have nothing base ideas on, but I won't let that stop me from weighing in...

Seems that we're talking about financial exploitation, no? I'd think that the rape room is the dark and murky side of the equation where a group of people come out with a lot of financial gain. Something happens, a price is paid, but we don't really look at that too closely.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A band called Palmer Squares (never heard of them) have a song called Rape Room, but it's from 2011, so it could be influenced by Arms rather than a common source.

http://genius.com/The-palmer-squares-raperoom-lyrics

There's also this article from last year about a comic book store that named its stock room the rape room! Again too late to have influenced Von but maybe they got the name from somewhere else.

http://jezebel.com/woman-discovers-rape-room-in-comic-book-store-is-promp-1630446439
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stufarq wrote:

There's also this article from last year about a comic book store that named its stock room the rape room! Again too late to have influenced Von but maybe they got the name from somewhere else.

http://jezebel.com/woman-discovers-rape-room-in-comic-book-store-is-promp-1630446439

Yeah - I read that article when googling it.
Thanks for your thoughts anyway both.

Still none the wiser mind! Laughing
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've only heard the phrase "rape room" in connection with Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq, which fits with the theme of the song (at least how I see it) as being about West v East, or more specifically America vs whoever it decides to go to war with.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just my few p

Rape room reminds me of the dark room(s) in the lyrics to Watch, though things have clearly escalated since. Or at least so it seems ...

Another aspect is that a Mercedes Benz can easily become a rape room as well. I like that view and the words "parallax" and "lens" nearby.

Throw your love on the lawn ... seems way more encrypted and ambivalent to me than any "rape room" ...

Though the best line in these lyrics, IMHO, is : Come feel the arms around you ...
Everything is spoilt, but not wasting one's trust won't lead anywhere, either ... yeah, I should remember that more often ... It wasn't me... ...
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The White House lawn.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ultimately I think it uses the tried and tested, and therefore lazy, big picture – world conflict ‘arms, guns blah blah and little picture me me me. I mean isn't it all about him, excepting, perhaps, any 'celebrity' and the paranoia that arises from that situation.

in which case the 'rape room' might perhaps the public space one is forced into for the amusement of others but to the derision of the self.

the throw away and conclusion ‘locked and loaded’ and ‘hammer drawn’ might perhaps be the critics (not fans who never complain of mumbling, not anyway ever), waiting in the wings.

Or not, lmao

Laughing
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's my favourite explanation yet anyway. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: