Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
October 15: Nottingham Rock City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squeakymouse
Road Kill

Location: The place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight

PostPost #76  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Review here from the local paper http://www.nottinghampost.com/Sisters-Mercy-Nottingham-s-Rock-City-Review/story-27998117-detail/story.html

Vision Thong. The mind boggles. Embarassed
million voices
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #77  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe it's uniform for the 25 whores
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #78  Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Squeakymouse wrote:

Laughing
TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #79  Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
Squeakymouse wrote:

Laughing

Laughing Laughing ... hihihihihi ...
euphoria
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #80  Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unusual to read such positive reviews;

Quote:
The band are on top form, Andrew Eldritch delivers a strong vocal performance and engages with the audience throughout the set. The first of two encores crams in a power ballad reworking of '1959', which Eldritch predicts “we will hate” yet it still receives a big ovation from the crowd. 'This Corrosion' and 'Temple Of Love' follow on and enjoy some of the loudest sing-along moments of the night.

The second encore keeps to the last two albums with 'Lucretia My Reflection', 'Vision Thing' and 'More' closing the set in a big way. The response from the crowd is rapturous. The energy is high, the atmosphere is electric throughout and the band feed off it. As Eldritch perfectly sums the evening up before leaving the stage for the last time; “We have played a lot of gigs. But tonight... Tonight was a party”.

http://www.intravenousmag.co.uk/2015/10/live-sisters-of-mercy-rock-city.html
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

PostPost #81  Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm The Sisters' biggest critic. I vowed I would never go and see them again. So I took the opportunity to whizz back to England to meet old (Lee) and new friends Ellen and Graham, with a pub rock backing. I was pleasantly surprised. Was it a one-off? Could the Girls perform the same in Manchester..?
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

PostPost #82  Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have been viewing this forum as a guest for years and figured it was about time I finally registered and posted. Long time Sisters fangirl, saw them first in 1983 and many times since. Agree with some others that their live sound has been somewhat hit and miss over recent years, but last week's Rock City gig was epic. Haven't enjoyed a Sisters gig that much in many years. Would love to have heard them play Floorshow and shame we didn't get Amphetamine Logic as lucky Manchester and London did, but a pretty perfect set. Very Happy
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #83  Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forum Chaos Lady Very Happy
TheCureCommunity
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

PostPost #84  Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pista Very Happy
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #85  Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great first post, @ChaosLady. Which gigs did you see back in '83?
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

PostPost #86  Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Nikolas Very Happy
I was a student in London in the early 80s, and saw the Sisters first at the Lyceum in '83 and then a couple of later London gigs in 84/85. Sad to say I wasn't at the famed Wake Albert Hall gig though. Sad
Clearly remember the 1990 Wembley Vision Thing gig too as a certain Mr Numan was sat in front of us Very Happy - big fan of his too!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #87  Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Lady wrote:
Thanks Nikolas Very Happy
I was a student in London in the early 80s, and saw the Sisters first at the Lyceum in '83 and then a couple of later London gigs in 84/85. Sad to say I wasn't at the famed Wake Albert Hall gig though. Sad
Clearly remember the 1990 Wembley Vision Thing gig too as a certain Mr Numan was sat in front of us Very Happy - big fan of his too!

We are not worthy! that would be the by last gig of the Gun Club tour also featuring NMA ?? I hope Mr Numan didn't put you off with too much out-of-tune singing along at the Wembley gig !
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

PostPost #88  Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
We are not worthy! that would be the by last gig of the Gun Club tour also featuring NMA ?? I hope Mr Numan didn't put you off with too much out-of-tune singing along at the Wembley gig !

That’s the one! I don’t think I appreciated it was such an epic line-up at the time tbh! My then boyfriend bought the tickets as consolation for us not being able to make the London Student Union gig the Sisters were due to play. And what a lucky consolation Smile
And no, I drowned Numan out with my tuneless singing too Wink
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #89  Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

...and here also one of mine:

Kiss The Carpet https://youtu.be/mmp7svVtWIc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2015 - PLYC All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: