October 18: London Roundhouse

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Rudolph
Road Kill

The Damned was fun, but I left about halfway through the gig - they were playing their Damned, Damned, Damned and The Black Album in their entirety. I'm not into mosh pits and there were too many middle-aged football hooligans about looking for a fight. And I don't appreciate it when one of them spits his beer up into the air.
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ... I've seen them for the first time last year coincidentially when they accompanied Motörhead touring Europe ... :lol: ...

This year Motörhead will - again - have Saxon with them ... nice. Looking forward to the annual dosis in November ... ;D :lol: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Rudolph wrote: You Could Be the One is a good track, but I have more favourites I'd rather see. I'd love to hear Detonation Boulevard or Body Electric live.
Great answer, @Rudolph ! You'll get on find here !
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I've seen the Damned a couple of times in Leeds. First time in the early '90s on their "Farewell tour" and then the second time some time around 2005 on their "Farewell tour". :lol:
My mate at school Simon Attwood saw Status Quo on their " End of the Road" farewell tour.

In 1984.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

ribbons69 wrote:
markfiend wrote:I've seen the Damned a couple of times in Leeds. First time in the early '90s on their "Farewell tour" and then the second time some time around 2005 on their "Farewell tour". :lol:
My mate at school Simon Attwood saw Status Quo on their " End of the Road" farewell tour.

In 1984.
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Rudolph
Road Kill

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Rudolph wrote: You Could Be the One is a good track, but I have more favourites I'd rather see. I'd love to hear Detonation Boulevard or Body Electric live.
Great answer, @Rudolph ! You'll get on find here !
Heh, don't worry, I have the right goff credentials :lol:
Mav787
One life, all I need

Rudolph wrote:The Damned was fun, but I left about halfway through the gig - they were playing their Damned, Damned, Damned and The Black Album in their entirety. I'm not into mosh pits and there were too many middle-aged football hooligans about looking for a fight. And I don't appreciate it when one of them spits his beer up into the air.
That was a night to wait out the hooligans. Once the Damned moved on to the Black Album they all disappeared. Probably to receive medical attention.
Rudolph
Road Kill

Mav787 wrote:
Rudolph wrote:The Damned was fun, but I left about halfway through the gig - they were playing their Damned, Damned, Damned and The Black Album in their entirety. I'm not into mosh pits and there were too many middle-aged football hooligans about looking for a fight. And I don't appreciate it when one of them spits his beer up into the air.
That was a night to wait out the hooligans. Once the Damned moved on to the Black Album they all disappeared. Probably to receive medical attention.
My girlfriend at the time also wanted to leave, as her ex-boyfriend was in front of us, punching himself in the head and off his head on heroin.
po
Amphetamine Filth

Hi there! Long time lurker, new user here.

I've just booked a trip to London and I'm hoping to attend this gig. I know it's sold out, but I'm wondering if any of you have any tips for the best way to get tickets.

I see tickets go for £60 each on viagogo. Should I just book from there now, or hope that they will get cheaper later if they are not sold? I have no experience with viagogo, but it seems that they sell "guaranteed" tickets, so I reckon it should be safe. Anyone know if the tickets listed only as "standing" on there is on the main floor?
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

po wrote: I've just booked a trip to London and I'm hoping to attend this gig. I know it's sold out, but I'm wondering if any of you have any tips for the best way to get tickets.
The site linked to from Sisters twitter account says there are 11 tickets left standing upstairs, is that ok?

https://tickets.roundhouse.org.uk/booki ... rformance=

Welcome by the way :D
po
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks!

Well, it would be OK as a last resort, but the place to be is near the front of course :)

I'd rather pay double for tickets on the main floor, but then i want to make sure that the "standing" tickets on viagogo are really on the floor and not upstairs. No moshpit there, I guess...
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Sold out today as it appears.

Anyone knows how the other three UK gigs are selling?
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

euphoria wrote:Sold out today as it appears.

Manchester Sold Out
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Are there typically scalpers or listings on craigslist type of message boards?

I'm in if I can get the time off work, but that is going to be tricky. I'd hate to think that "inability to purchase tickets" would be the deal breaker. In my neck of the woods, you can buy tickets to anything as long as you don't mind getting royally screwed on price. Is that the case for these gigs?
Pista
Cureboi

There'll more than likely be scalpers there, but it's a way to go & I expect there'll be returns or folks who suddenly can't make it before the day, so keep 'em crossed. You may get lucky. :D

edit.
Just been told. Keep trying the Roundhouse box office directly. They may have some
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:
euphoria wrote:Sold out today as it appears.

Manchester Sold Out
Yeah, I meant the other three, suppose Glasgow is the next one to sell out (big city-small venue)?

Chaotican, if you're going all the way from California I'd buy tickets for the three remaining UK gigs, try to get the two sold out ones and as you'll be in the UK anyway you can as a last resort try it outside the venue. I can't remeber if i've ever been to a concert where there have NOT been people selling tickets outside, no matter how sold out the gig was.
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote: I can't remeber if i've ever been to a concert where there have NOT been people selling tickets outside, no matter how sold out the gig was.
That's been my experience, too. I probably won't know until September if I can take another extended vacation, but maybe I'll just buy the tickets anyway. Apparently, I can scalp them if I end up not being able to attend.
po
Amphetamine Filth

If you are looking both viagogo and stubhub have tickets, but of course they are expensive.

No tickets for the main floor on viagogo though, and it seems stubhub won't send tickets this far north with the "global" shipping (or even let me register a user with my address), so it seems I'm out of luck :(

Are more tickets usually made available on viagogo approaching the concert dates? Are there any other reseller sites (that can be trusted)?

I'd prefer to buy a ticket in advance if possible, and not be stuck trying to deal with scalpers at the venue.

I really want to see this one :)
Pista
Cureboi

Can't you get them via stubhub & collect them in London?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Chaotican wrote:Are there typically scalpers or listings on craigslist type of message boards?

I'm in if I can get the time off work, but that is going to be tricky. I'd hate to think that "inability to purchase tickets" would be the deal breaker. In my neck of the woods, you can buy tickets to anything as long as you don't mind getting royally screwed on price. Is that the case for these gigs?
Hi Chaotican,
I'm also in SF and got my Glasgow tickets on:
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search?tm ... s+of+mercy

I did use a friend's UK address, but the site let me use my US credit card.

If the site is to be believed, there are still tickets available.

Hope you can make it...i'm counting the days (42 until Glasgow!!!)
po
Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, I hoped i could by tickets and pick them up, but it seems it wouldn't even let me complete the registration process without a valid address in the allowed countries for shipping (wtf).

Even then they apparently kept my email and created an account, and sent me an automatic follow-up email asking me to complete the aborted purchase. When i try to reset my password with the given email address i get a server error. Quite frustrating...

Guess I'll have to keep looking on viagogo and hope for some tickets on the main floor to show up. Or if anyone have a couple of spare tickets, please let me know. I'd be quite happy to pay viagogo prices or a few extra beers :)
po
Amphetamine Filth

Just booked the "last" two tickets from stubhub, even if there will probably be cheaper tickets available when the date approaches.

Had to enter a fake address to even be able to buy tickets with the event day pickup, but I'm guessing that will work out fine. I just hope that the tickets listed as "main space standing" are correct.

Maybe I'll see some of you there :)
GothMaz
Road Kill

Hi there

I'm visiting from TCC forum, i'm after a ticket or 2 for The Roundhouse gig. Just wondering if anyone here knows anyone with any spares? In the mean time i'll keep an eye out in the usual places.

Thanks! :)
Pista
Cureboi

GothMaz wrote:Hi there

I'm visiting from TCC forum, i'm after a ticket or 2 for The Roundhouse gig. Just wondering if anyone here knows anyone with any spares? In the mean time i'll keep an eye out in the usual places.

Thanks! :)
Wotcha Maz & welcome aboard :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
canon docre
Overbomber

ah well, bad luck for me too.
London trip is booked without taking care of the tickets beforehand. So if any of you nice people of the Heartland knows about 2 spare tickets (I travel with my friend Sandra. she is a very friendly girl, unlike me) , I'll be more than glad and would buy a pint or two for the occasion.

:notworthy:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.